Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

https://youtu.be/5wov49A2R04

Really enjoyed the minus 17 documentary. All this more or less passed me by at the time.

No wonder Eddie Howe is so respected in Bournemouth. It’s great to see a young manager work his way up from the bottom of the professional league structure to the prem. Hope he has a story to tell his grandkids about what he did with NUFC.

5 hours ago, Decky said:

Unless its a complete shitshow he should be kept on if we go down. A lot of the damage has been already done. We're 6 adrift, might increase this weekend and thats before he gets started. The squad is a joke as are the facilities, the club is ready made for another relegation. Signings in January might not save us either, it depends on how far away we are by then. If its a shitshow then theres a case for him going, but if we have a bit of fight in us and just go down simply because he came in too late then he should absolutely stay on. Who else are we going to get in the Championship?

Nope - even if Watford, Leeds and Burnley all win, Villa will be in the drop zone on ten points. Which, essentially, gives Jones a free hit.

12 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

That Torygraph article has completely swayed my opinion. I was firmly in the ‘what a shit appointment’ camp.  Expected more from the new owners. Perhaps too much. It’s genuinely encouraging that he’s spent the last 15 months growing and learning after some managers would spend it on the golf course. 

Could you post the article please?

9 minutes ago, sh74 said:

Personally think we are lucky to have him. 

Agreed. we are such a toxic brand I’m happy we’ve got someone as progressive. Looking forward to his style of play.  Fingers crossed he turns it round, it’s a monumental task with the mentality Bruce has instilled in the squad. 

1 minute ago, jackyboy said:

Relegation wouldn't be a disaster. We have the resources to come straight back up (and Howe knows how to do it) . Gives us a season to rebuild from scratch in every aspect rather than buying short term fixes

I would rather this didn’t happen. But yeah I agree, it would just be a delay to the inevitable success we will have.

2 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I am so excited for the future with Howe. The more I see of him the more impressed I am. Going to be like night and day from Bruce.

I agree. I just love the fact he is a grafter as well. He is not just another ex-prem player that has been handed a job based on his name (e.g. Lampard, Rooney etc).

I think he could be a really good fit for this club.

Just wait till the pundits, Edwards and Holt start comparing his record with Bruce, whilst ignoring how much of a mess he left the club in and how much it will take to put it right 

He's going to bring some energy and organisation back to the club. I think he could keep the present squad up but expect us to make key additions in January. Whether he can have us challenging near the top anytime soon is a great unknown but I'm happy to watch him try.

6 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I feel there is a win today. No idea why I feel like that...I just think we'll win. And as said above...we'll kick on.

As every day passes (since Howe looked like he was coming)...I think more and more Howe is the perfect man for the job. I've gone from underwhelmed to optimistic. 

Same feeling, excited to see us go out and try to win games again