Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Damn ... I mean reading that I kind of get it.

You'd hope the club could find a role for him within the recruitment team with their own choice of DOF if it came down to it. Sounds like he was quite instrumental to Howe's achievements as manager.

Not sure he is the issue though. Sounds like its more just agreeing terms with all of the staff, as Howe's terms are already sorted, and they wouldn't have been if there wasn't even an agreement over the people coming in surely?

2 minutes ago, ozzrahog said:

Looks like there is a limit to what dirty money can buy, after all

Must admit it would not surprise me as it may explain why Emery suddenly got cold feet, more plausible than some of the other reasons

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

The issue is the director role is meant to  provide continuity in the event of a change of manager. 

if Howe brings his mate it renders that useless. 

Yeah, I agree 100%. He should not be demanding his buddy becoming dof/SD whatever you wanna call the role. It will render the point useless as you stated regarding continuity.

So if that is the case, forget him and bring in Fonseca in the mix again :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Damn ... I mean reading that I kind of get it.

You'd hope the club could find a role for him within the recruitment team with their own choice of DOF if it came down to it. Sounds like he was quite instrumental to Howe's achievements as manager.

Not sure he is the issue though. Sounds like its more just agreeing terms with all of the staff, as Howe's terms are already sorted, and they wouldn't have been if there wasn't even an agreement over the people coming in surely?

But that Italian journalist clearly referred to the issue being a member of his “technical” staff. 

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Roberto Martinez happy and waiting 

Nah, it's all coming up Fonz. 

Think he's in the shadows with his Zorro kit on manipulating things so agreements with all the other managers break down ...

zorro-mask.gif

Edited by KaKa

If he nearly went to Celtic, him leaving home and going up north is not going to be a problem!

I dunno about DoFs, but you can only have sympathy with someone who expected Rafa but ended up having to give a massive payoff to Cabbageheed. 

It would put you off giving a shedload of money to an incompetent manager and his cronies (sorry, staff) again if you thought you could pre-empt it.

It's Ashley hurting us from beyond the grave, so to speak.

Just now, Lazarus said:

:tino:

In all seriousness - maybe he wants final say on incoming transfers or a guaranteed minimum spend on playing staff in the next few windows??

Thing is, doesn't come up at the start?  You know, what would it take to get you? I need this this and this. Fine, agreed.

Now if the guys comes back after the handshake and says "oh and this other thing too", then you tell him to go get fucked.