Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I voted how happy I am with his appointment as a ten, he ticks all the boxes short and medium term, plays attractive football, is young and progressive, brings a vast wealth of experience and knowledge with him and if we don’t stay up, he’s the man to take us back up I’m sure. He will develop every players’ game currently at the club massively if they buy into his methods and if not he’ll get rid of them and I’m excited for the first time in over a decade about our recruitment process going forward.

Yes he signed a number of questionable transfer deals at Bournemouth, but every player he went for had the attributes he identifies for how he wants his team to play, for his systems, tactics and game plans. I’m one excited and very happy Newcastle United supporter right now and all of my friends, people in football circles and those I’ve spoken to over the last few days are all in unison saying they too are very happy with Eddie Howe.

It helps I’ve rated him from the off or over the years of course, but everything I’ve since read, watched about him and listening to Bournemouth fans solidifies my belief that I think the new owners have got the right man after all, if not their original choice. Bring it on, I can’t wait. 

1 hour ago, mattypnufc said:

they’ll be in for a shock when they see how shite it is. 

Shows how bad we are as a club when a manager and staff from a club who’ve came from the very bottom of the Football League will look at our facilities and think it’s a downgrade.

Not easy but try and patch the team up and improve fitness levels. Scrape as many points as we can until January.

Then literally have deals lined up. Either announced before or on 1st January. A competent leader at the back. A good left back and right back and a transformative player to come into the midfield. Like a Cabaye. And a forward as if Wilson gets injured we have fuck all there.

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Bit rich playing moral arbiter when you write for The Mail no? 

And how in 2019 he tweeted endorsement for Eddie Hearn and AJ to take Saudi money for boxing, his argument being it's OK because the UK government trades and has deals with them. Massive hypocrite.

7 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Bit rich playing moral arbiter when you write for The Mail no? 

Hi All - I'm in Australia, been a big toon fan for years even went to a pre-season friendly at Darlington with the yellow away strips (you have beer in plastic bottles?). I'm married to a Consett lass :)

Anyway I completely agree, the UK do trade with the Saudi's; these guys are just in it for the clicks/likes so they can proffer a moralistic high ground.

Edited by gavro44

Just now, gavro44 said:

Hi All - I'm in Australia, been a big toon fan for years even went to a pre-season friendly at Darlington with the yellow away strips (you have beer in plastic bottles?). I'm married to a Consett lass :)

Anyway I completely agree, the UK do trade with the Saudi's; these guys are just in it for the clicks/likes so they can proffer a moralistic high ground.

Was that the "If Sammy scores, we're on the pitch" Darlo friendly where Sammy scored and people did indeed get on the pitch? 

Just now, Facundo Ferreyra said:

Was that the "If Sammy scores, we're on the pitch" Darlo friendly where Sammy scored and people did indeed get on the pitch? 

Yes! I have pictures ... I'll never forget the anger towards the orange clad stewards. I'll try and work out how to post a photo of it.