Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Another Bullshit piece by Martin Samuels this morning, basically saying we (NUFC) should be kicking ourselves at not being 'bold' and going for Gerrard instead of Howe.

Reckons if Gerrard had been appointed, there'd have been 'scenes akin to Keegan coming back', whereas Howes unveiling was 'underwhelming'??!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by TK-421

1 minute ago, TK-421 said:

Another Bullshit piece by Martin Samuels this morning, basically saying we (NUFC) should be kicking ourselves at not being 'bold' and going for Gerrard instead of Howe.

Yeah, posted about it in the manager thread.

Already has me rooting against Gerrard :lol: 

That’s probably the worst bit of ‘journalism/reporting/opinion’ I’ve ever read. By and large the majority of NUFC fans seem delighted with Howe, Gerard man, I’d have had him here, but he wouldn’t have had the red carpet rolled out for him, essentially he’s a nothing manager to NUFC and his so-called reputation as a world-class player won’t matter a jot in all eventuality. Our game here is so myopic, I doubt some rising Italian player will give two fucks about Gerrard’s playing career. It’s all about £££s. By the way, my son’s team-mate’s grandad is an avid Rangers fan and he says Gerrard will likely flop in the PL and most Rangers fans are fucking pissed at him right now, saying only a month ago he was happy and now he’s gone, leaving them kind of in the lurch and taking pretty much the whole back-team with him. 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

That’s probably the worst bit of ‘journalism/reporting/opinion’ I’ve ever read. By and large the majority of NUFC fans seem delighted with Howe, Gerard man, I’d have had him here, but he wouldn’t have had the red carpet rolled out for him, essentially he’s a nothing manager to NUFC and his so-called reputation as a world-class player won’t matter a jot in all eventuality. Our game here is so myopic, I doubt some rising Italian player will give two fucks about Gerrard’s playing career. It’s all about £££s. By the way, my son’s team-mate’s grandad is an avid Rangers fan and he says Gerrard will likely flop in the PL and most Rangers fans are fucking pissed at him right now, saying only a month ago he was happy and now he’s gone, leaving them kind of in the lurch and taking pretty much the whole back-team with him. 

Unfortunately the perils of existing in a tin pot league. Rangers & Celtic only matter to 1 city. Soon as a decent offer comes in from mid table teams in the prem players, coaches and managers are away. Even their own fans and club would move across to the prem if they could.

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

Reckons if Gerrard had been appointed, there'd have been 'scenes akin to Keegan coming back', whereas Howes unveiling was 'underwhelming'??!!

Somebody send them a ticket to the Brentford game.

27 minutes ago, HTT II said:

My sympathy for Rangers fans is... Hang on. I'm sure I saw it somewhere.

His achievements in Scotland were average at best. I was surprised to see some fans wanting him here. He won one trophy in about nine or ten attempts while Celtic were on the down. Granted they were unbeaten last season and he did fairly well in Europe, but Calum Davidson at St Johnstone still won more over the same period. I'd have had him over Lampard, but thats not saying much. For Samuel to claim there would have been joyous scenes on Tyneside is bizarre. Why would we be celebrating snapping up a legend at another club who hasn't managed at this level before?

Gerrard might turn out to be a very good manager, and he might do a great job at Villa, but he would’ve been the exact opposite of what we need at this moment in time. 

We’ve just riddled ourselves of a bloke who delegated, who was light on detail, who used ‘soft skills’ ahead of actually coaching. Stevie G rocking up and waving his CL winner’s medal about hoping to inspire some sort of reaction from Shelvey would’ve been a disaster.

14 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

His achievements in Scotland were average at best. I was surprised to see some fans wanting him here. He won one trophy in about nine or ten attempts while Celtic were on the down. Granted they were unbeaten last season and he did fairly well in Europe, but Calum Davidson at St Johnstone still won more over the same period. I'd have had him over Lampard, but thats not saying much. For Samuel to claim there would have been joyous scenes on Tyneside is bizarre. Why would we be celebrating snapping up a legend at another club who hasn't managed at this level before?

As with most of the national media, they haven’t got the foggiest what they’re on about when talking about this clubs fans. Or much else.

What a load of bollocks that is.  I never had any time for Gerrard, mainly because he always destroyed us and he played for Liverpool.  However, you had to admire what he achieved as a player and he will probably make a decent manager.  He has had a reasonable start with Rangers, but he is by no means the finished article.

Much happier with Howe, on a number of levels.

31 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

As with most of the national media, they haven’t got the foggiest what they’re on about when talking about this clubs fans. Or much else.

What I've come to realise is that they're all just a bunch of groupies.

They just fawn after these guys based on their reputations as players, which was even the issue with Man Utd's Steve Bruce.

So happy we avoided both Gerrard and Lampard. Such a relief, honestly.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Genuinely can't believe he thinks players are going to be wowed by wanting to play for Gerrard at this stage of his career.

As is always the case with transfers, it's going to be far more about the way the manager clearly states how the player is going to be utilised in his new team, the financial package they'll be offered and the overall ambitions of the club going forward.

The article was painfully cringeworthy to read. Gerrard and Lampard (if he goes to Norwich) are clearly going to be firmly positioned as the new generation of managers that can do no wrong. Awful for them both, as it will just make their jobs far more difficult, because fans will not like the bias at all.

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The article was painfully cringeworthy to read. Gerrard and Lampard (if he goes to Norwich) are clearly going to be firmly positioned as the new generation of managers that can do no wrong. Awful for them both, as it will just make their jobs far more difficult, because fans will not like the bias at all.

Reminds me of how they were both hailed as the "Golden Generation" when they were selected to play for England as players.

As anyone who remembers that period, they were both pretty well always a great disappointment for England, as the international side continued to 'fail' at all tournaments. Played very well for their clubs, but could not do it for England.

Both of them appear to have very little about them to suggest they will be any good as managers either!

So, bring on the London Press bigging up their fabricated "Golden Generation" of failed new managers !!!

Edited by manorpark

If anyone has 10 minutes spare, have a look at a video on YT titled "Eddie Howe - Tactics, Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3 - Masterclass". Well worth a watch. Hard to imagine the prat we had previously even understanding this tactical framework, much less implementing it successfully.

We're in very good hands here and watching this type of content, makes me more and more confident and also happy we avoided the likes of Lampard and Gerrard.

26 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

If anyone has 10 minutes spare, have a look at a video on YT titled "Eddie Howe - Tactics, Chelsea 0 Bournemouth 3 - Masterclass". Well worth a watch. Hard to imagine the prat we had previously even understanding this tactical framework, much less implementing it successfully.

We're in very good hands here and watching this type of content, makes me more and more confident and also happy we avoided the likes of Lampard and Gerrard.

Numpty pundits still fail to understand we don't demand wins we demand trying to win, if we lose fair do's, I bet even Shelvey would be forgiven if he follows instructions and gives his all.

6 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant see him lasting much longer unless them weirdos stop stalking him outside the training ground. Bloke will be having nightmares of what kind of place he's let himself into.

Please bugger off back to Pennywell.

28 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant see him lasting much longer unless them weirdos stop stalking him outside the training ground. Bloke will be having nightmares of what kind of place he's let himself into.

Could be worse, someone could have called him a "big divvy" 

https://fanbanter.co.uk/video-emerges-of-sunderland-fans-losing-their-cool-with-manager-lee-johnson/