Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

I think Bruce fell out of love with it years ago.. he's only still involved because of the money.

Absolutely, this is why the whole "the nasty Geordies have pushed me into retirement!" was nowt but a load of self-indulgent horseshite.  The very next half decent paycheque that comes along, he'll be on it like a shot.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Just like Ashley not spending much on transfers leaving us in a strong FFP position;  we could benefit from the lack of intensity during the Bruce holiday training period as our season just kind of started. Our lot will hopefully still be relatively fresh during the end of season run in whilst other teams may be burnt out by then.

man, I hope so

The logic here is that because I'm clearly unfit, I therefore shouldn't train tomorrow. I mean, anyone see the problem with this approach? :lol:

THAT'S EXACTLY WHY THEY SHOULD BE FUCKING TRAINING.

Fucking hell. Thank fuck these 2 wasters have been launched into the sea along with cabbage head.

The bare minimum for a team in our position is to try and be as fit as you can. The fine margins between winning and losing can be simply down to pressing the opposition more frequently or making that lung busting run to steal a game at the end of the 90 minutes. It’s criminal how the Steve’s couldn’t see this and it’s actually still baffles me at how unfit our lads have been this year

Bruce made a deal with Ashley this summer that he would get a huge payoff when sacked, I think the supporters and the region as a whole needs to remember this.

Bruce sold out Newcastle and its supporters to protect Ashley and earn himself millions, he is the worst manager we have ever had not because of results but the fact he sold us down the river for the benefit of himself and Mike Ashley.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Bruce made a deal with Ashley this summer that he would get a huge payoff when sacked, I think the supporters and the region as a whole needs to remember this.

Bruce sold out Newcastle and its supporters to protect Ashley and earn himself millions, he is the worst manager we have ever had not because of results but the fact he sold us down the river for the benefit of himself and Mike Ashley.

This 100 times. It also meant that the consortium's first dealing with a manager was getting burnt by one with a ridiculously tasty contract.

We do not know what dealings we had with the various candidates for the replacement, but it would be very understandable if relegation clauses and payoffs for underachievement were very heavy on their mind, possibly to an extent that put otherwise keen prospective managers off. All thanks to Steve fucking Bruce getting his payday. Newcastle fan my arse.

I assume the ‘sports scientist’ the fitness fella that Rafa brought in, the one that very recently followed him to Everton. In which case if he was calling the shots why was our approach to fitness so markedly different? I smell bullshit.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Bruce’s media mates still out in force this morning on the radio saying Bruce would’ve had them all peak fitness 🙂

If them blowing out of their arse after twenty minutes is our squad at peak fitness then we're totally screwed.