Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Shelvey has no brain so when hes not being coached he's shocking, it's no surprise that his worst period for us has come under the worst manager. I fancy Howe to get the best out of him, I just hope that at this point in his career his best is going to be good enough.

As for Joelinton, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him under a good manager, I really think there's there's player under there, he's shown some bright sparks. With the right focus he could be a game changer.

11 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Shelvey has no brain so when hes not being coached he's shocking, it's no surprise that his worst period for us has come under the worst manager. I fancy Howe to get the best out of him, I just hope that at this point in his career his best is going to be good enough.

As for Joelinton, I'm actually looking forward to seeing him under a good manager, I really think there's there's player under there, he's shown some bright sparks. With the right focus he could be a game changer.

Agree, I think there’s a player in there too. 

Joelinton has no hope of making it here imo regardless of the manager. He has no real footballing ability, and is arguably one of the worst players I have seen play for us. Hopefully  I’m wrong but I would be shocked if he’s here this time next year.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Shelvey is also absolutely hopeless and has been a disgrace for us l. Hopefully we can get some use out of him before binning him off at the earliest opportunity.

He's been woeful but I think he needs his hand held, he literally has zero autonomy. Beggars and choosers and all that, he has a role to play this season.

2 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

He's been woeful but I think he needs his hand held, he literally has zero autonomy. Beggars and choosers and all that, he has a role to play this season.

I’ll never get over his comments on how he preferred Bruce to Rafa, says everything about the bloke and his attitude but agree we may need to use him this season.

Were people really expexting Howe to go to the press and say "Well Shelvey and Joey are pure shit, absolute wankers the both of them. Can't hit a barn wall from five inches away if their lives depended on it." ? :lol: Of course he'll praise the players currently at the club, they need confidence.

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Were people really expexting Howe to go to the press and say "Well Shelvey and Joey are pure shit, absolute wankers the both of them. Can't hit a barn wall from five inches away if their lives depended on it." ? :lol: Of course he'll praise the players currently at the club, they need confidence.

He singled out Jonjo without being asked about him though. We all know he had ability, he's just not very good at using that ability. 

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Based on his pre-match conference, think we'll probably see Dubs and Schar starting, but the rest being players that have been there for the last 10 days.

I just can't see any reason why he would continue with Ritchie at LB so Lewis has to be in the starting line-up. That makes 3 which isn't 4.

4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It's interesting he mentioned two players who probably need to feel loved to perform. Eddie knows what he is doing.

Spot on. He strikes me as someone who'll know what approach will work with different individuals.

Firstly, where can I watch the full thing? 

Also, hes picked out Shelvey and Joelinton, 2 players synonymous with the Brucey era. One lambasted for his laziness and the other for being an over priced flop. Why do you reckon he's done this?

It's almost certainly because they are the two players who could benefit from a lift. Shelvey because he's a sulky bugger who needs constant prodding and Joelinton because he's clearly bereft of confidence. It's man management. I mean proper man management.

It's ironic that they are the polar opposite of each other. Joelinton keeps his head down and works his socks off but has zero end product and Shelvey who has the heart of a pea but can put the ball on someone from 40 yards.

If Eddie Howe can get Shelvey working and Joelinton using his brain, he will be a miracle worker.

Just now, STM said:

Firstly, where can I watch the full thing? 

Also, hes picked out Shelvey and Joelinton, 2 players synonymous with the Brucey era. One lambasted for his laziness and the other for being an over priced flop. Why do you reckon he's done this?

It's almost certainly because they are the two players who could benefit from a lift. Shelvey because he's a sulky bugger who needs constant prodding and Joelinton because he's clearly bereft of confidence. It's man management. I mean proper man management.

It's ironic that they are the polar opposite of each other. Joelinton keeps his head down and works his socks off but has zero end product and Shelvey who has the heart of a pea but can put the ball on someone from 40 yards.

If Eddie Howe can get Shelvey working and Joelinton using his brain, he will be a miracle worker.

All 28 mins on official site. :thup:

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He was specifically asked about Joelinton in fairness, but very deliberately brought Shelvey up. 

Well he was asked to talk about a player too but shelvey was the one that came to mind.

I have zero doubts we will see an improved Shelvey. We always do, he was immense for Rafa to start. It's in 6 months time, give or take he will revert to type. 

If we can change our style and successfully attack to push teams back, while retaining pressure we might create the space shelvey needs to be effective. If there is time and space shelvey can be useful but it seems like a big ask for any team in this league let alone the one with the usual lowest possession and no fluidity and effective plan to attack. That's where Howe comes in, but we shall see if it's possible.