Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Had to chuckle reading this from Hope.

"He's had action plan in place for this eventuality since last March."

Of course he did. Of course Eddie planned for this happening. This is our fucking Newcastle United Head Coach ladies and gents. Unbelievable! 

Imagine Bruce would click his heels and chundle off him in glee. "You lads will be fine. Go play."

Just seen this now ...

So the previous lot were always available as they continued to send the club to hell, and the new guys come in, everyone is up for it and then of course this happens.

This is absolutely infuriating and so unbelievable it's untrue. 

10 minutes ago, Robster said:

If it had been truly, 'typical Newcastle', he would have tested positive 9/10 days ago.
At least it's happened today and he's had 2 weeks of training.

I beg to differ like... This is basically us :lol:

Desperate to greet a new manager who gives a fuck, likely wor flags had a display planned, everyone absolutely buzzing for the game.... 'Nahh sorry lads, Howe's got covid'. 

So near yet so far.... Sums us up perfectly. 

Edited by Wilson

18 minutes ago, Robster said:

If it had been truly, 'typical Newcastle', he would have tested positive 9/10 days ago.
At least it's happened today and he's had 2 weeks of training.

👍🏻 Truly the old Newcastle, it would have been Wilson and Maxi 😏

Edited by PauloGeordio

5 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Looked fine in the presser. Must be right at the start of it. 

Maybe. Possible he is asymptomatic too. We will just have to see and cross fingers half the team don't have it. Being more unrealistically optimistic maybe it is a false negative and he can make it tomorrow when they work that out in the morning! 

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Regardless of where he caught it, the players and coaching staff should have a no contact policy with supporters hanging around outside the training ground. Just asking for trouble.

I’d imagine every person he came across between his hotel and the training ground will have wanted to shake his hand. Like a sitting duck.

Let’s just hope they did enough work this week and that it sticks tomorrow.

So is letting 50000 into the ground then, surely.

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Maybe. Possible he is asymptomatic too. We will just have to see and cross fingers half the team don't have it. Being more unrealistically optimistic maybe it is a false negative and he can make it tomorrow when they work that out in the morning!

Was basically what happened with Son before our game against Spurs...

37 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Imagine the crowd if he walks out of the tunnel tomorrow  :indi:

9 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Imagine the crowd if he walks out of the tunnel tomorrow  :indi:

All an elaborate masterplan by Howe! (also planned in March)

Would be a lot worse if he missed the training building up to this. Its a shitter not having him there on person but his team can take care of the sidelines and he will be there virtually.

Howe projected via zoom on the big screen for a pre match message to the crowd? They better! Better still have a giant Howe all the way through on the big screen yelling at the players through the PA! "THIS ISN'T A CRITICISM JONJO, IT'S JUST A DIFFERENT WAY OF WALKING. FUCKING RUN"

8 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Going to be awkward not being able to view the game, as it's not televised for him to be able to watch. I'm assuming he's isolating in his hotel digs? 

Plenty of countries telecast the full range of matches. I'm sure that he will be able to find a way to watch it live.

28 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Going to be awkward not being able to view the game, as it's not televised for him to be able to watch. I'm assuming he's isolating in his hotel digs? 

beoutQ for the win?

Edited by toontownman

17 hours ago, Dokko said:

Most likely just spiel to get the best out of what he's got right now. He's got a rep of getting players performing above their ceiling. If we could get Shelvey performing at 80% we would see a totally different player and someone worth Fielding. Right now he's a mess physically & mentally but it's a fresh start for all, including him so let's see if he takes it. Even if it's for 2 months till he burns out or gets sick of the effort, really that's  all we need him for until we can replace him. 

Wasn't Shelvey lampooned by the tabloids about six or seven years ago for putting an ad out for a live-in "cook", probably a sports nutritionist, on something like fifty grand a year? He said it was because he didn't know how to eat properly on his own. 

Top clubs famously have fixers to help players with all kinds of mundane daily activities. Stuff like getting a mobile phone. Diet will be hyper complex compared to some of the tasks done for them.

As with ASM running into blind alleys when faced with no other option, Shelvey would be far more effective when there are runners ahead of the ball, not just a static forward's head to aim at.

2 hours ago, LRD said:

Plenty of countries telecast the full range of matches. I'm sure that he will be able to find a way to watch it live.

Well, I'll be at the match so I can drop my firestick in for him if he likes.