Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

They get tested daily don't they? It'll be 10 days from Friday. 

From Gov.Org website:

The self-isolation period includes the day your symptoms started (or the day you had the test, if you do not have symptoms) and the next 10 full days.

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Didn't he say on Friday that he felt absolutely fine? 

Yup. You declare if you have symptoms when you register a PCR test too. So likely the answer to that was no.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

He'll miss a couple days training week before Norwich too then. Champion. 

His first day out of isolation will be the day of the game.

Tindall:

"Once we’ve given the feedback to the players, all preparation and focus goes to Arsenal.

"Hopefully we’ll have Eddie back by then but we’re waiting on the doctor for that so it’s out of our hands."

Hope we can shithouse having him back asap. Without being infectious, mind. :lol:

I know its early days, but I thought the way we pressed and attacked in numbers was much better. We actually tried to keep the ball too.

I did find his team selection a but worrying though. Clark over Fernandez, Murphy and Ritchie at full back and zero protection in midfield. A defence low on confidence was left totally exposed.

I have no doubt we'll continue to improve over the coming weeks, but the team selection was maybe a bit too bold.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I know its early days, but I thought the way we pressed and attacked in numbers was much better. We actually tried to keep the ball too.

I did find his team selection a but worrying though. Clark over Fernandez, Murphy and Ritchie at full back and zero protection in midfield. A defence low on confidence was left totally exposed.

I have no doubt we'll continue to improve over the coming weeks, but the team selection was maybe a bit too bold.

He wouldn’t have wanted to change it too much and will ultimately take a few weeks to realise people like Clark aren’t good enough.

I was really surprised by the seeming lack of input Howe had during the game on Saturday.

Wilson pre-match seemed to suggest Howe didn’t take the team talk and he wasn’t in direct contact with Tindall who seemed to run down the tunnel to take his call.

Maybe it goes to show how much he trusts Tindall.

48 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was really surprised by the seeming lack of input Howe had during the game on Saturday.

Wilson pre-match seemed to suggest Howe didn’t take the team talk and he wasn’t in direct contact with Tindall who seemed to run down the tunnel to take his call.

Maybe it goes to show how much he trusts Tindall.

Tindall said on 5 Live after the game that Howe was in constant contact throughout the game.

2 hours ago, Scotty66 said:

Bet he's going crazy locked in a hotel room. Walls covered in tactical analysis and player stats while rocking back and forth on the end of his bed repeatedly saying "Hendrick is not an option" 

Hendrick was away on international duty. Now he's back I would not be the least bit surprised if Hendrick is the next to put in decent performances for Howe in that box to box role Willock was supposed to be playing on Saturday, which he just didn't perform well enough in.

Hendrick is more comparable to the likes of Harry Arter, Dan Gosling and Lewis Cook, who Howe typically got a lot out of when used in that role at Bournemouth.

Edited by KaKa

From The Athletic:

"True, Howe had been present for every training session, only receiving his test result on Friday at 6.30pm, half an hour before it was made public. He was also in constant contact with Stephen Purches, the first-team coach, who was sat in the tunnel on the phone, during the game, as he watched a live feed, having been given permission to do so. The only place he was unable to speak with his staff was in the dressing room, where it was left to his assistants, Jason Tindall and Graeme Jones."

"As for Saint-Maximin’s strike, that came following Newcastle’s shift to 4-2-3-1, an attacking change delivered by Howe from his hotel room. Ritchie and Murphy dropped to become out-and-out full-backs, with Fraser taking a position on the right. Karl Darlow’s long kick found Saint-Maximin in the middle, who spread play to Fraser on the right, then the Frenchman arrived at the back post to finish, a run that had been rehearsed."

https://theathletic.com/2966237/2021/11/21/eddie-howe-first-fortnight-newcastle-manager/

11 hours ago, KaKa said:

Hendrick was away on international duty. Now he's back I would not be the least bit surprised if Hendrick is the next to put in decent performances for Howe in that box to box role Willock was supposed to be playing on Saturday, which he just didn't perform well enough in.

Hendrick is more comparable to the likes of Harry Arter, Dan Gosling and Lewis Cook, who Howe typically got a lot out of when used in that role at Bournemouth.

Agree. Hendrick is a nuts and bolts player, his problem was not wanting the ball, but you would imagine Howe would be able to change that. Some players just need proper coaching and direction and they were never going to get that from Bruce. 

If he can get Hendricks performing as he seems to have done with big Joe then that's fine. I have never seen Joelinton look so pumped up and motivated as he was on Saturday. Howe has obviously given him some sort of belief in himself and long may it continue