Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

8 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Tested positive on the Friday, 10 days would've began on the Saturday (assuming no earlier symptoms), so should be out of isolation the morning of the Norwich game.

Like a new player 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Agree. Hendrick is a nuts and bolts player, his problem was not wanting the ball, but you would imagine Howe would be able to change that. Some players just need proper coaching and direction and they were never going to get that from Bruce. 

Was speaking to a Burnley fan when we signed him, and he told me then he was absolute dogshit and they were glad to see the back of him. So whilst I hope Howe can work miracles with him, I'm less hopeful than with others who have at least a history of being decent at times.

All very quiet on the Howe front. Hopefully he has just mild Covid and still able to pass instructions to coaching team. The longer we wait without any message from him, I fear the worse that he is down with severe symptoms

Just now, cosmic said:

All very quiet on the Howe front. Hopefully he has just mild Covid and still able to pass instructions to coaching team. The longer we wait without any message from him, I fear the worse that he is down with severe symptoms

Word over the weekend was he was asymptomatic.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Was speaking to a Burnley fan when we signed him, and he told me then he was absolute dogshit and they were glad to see the back of him. So whilst I hope Howe can work miracles with him, I'm less hopeful than with others who have at least a history of being decent at times.

Tbf, he does look dogshit. Oh well. 

4 hours ago, madras said:

Word over the weekend was he was asymptomatic.

Its ridiculous isn't it. 10 days isolation for a fit and healthy vaccinated 42 year old showing no symptoms. From a disease with a 99.7% survival rate. Rising to virtually 100% for people of footballers age. And we lose our head coach for 10 days for this. Pure theatre the whole bloody isolation thing. 

11 minutes ago, the fella said:

Its ridiculous isn't it. 10 days isolation for a fit and healthy vaccinated 42 year old showing no symptoms. From a disease with a 99.7% survival rate. Rising to virtually 100% for people of footballers age. And we lose our head coach for 10 days for this. Pure theatre the whole bloody isolation thing. 

Am sure Darlow would disagree. I know plenty people suffering from long terms effects from this virus it's no joke.

9 minutes ago, the fella said:

If he's test positive it means he's contagious, and whether he's asymptomatic or not its 100% the correct thing to self-isolate, its not about him becoming ill, its about if he transmits it to someone else, and while most of the footballers may be alright, what if he was to have some form of interaction with a member of staff at his hotel, or the taxi driver to and from the training ground, and one of them people are at risk of severe disease from contracting it? Its just not right to let him roam free with a disease thats killed 5 million people.

28 minutes ago, the fella said:

Wow. And this, people, is why numbers are still so fucking high.

3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Are you still contagious if you test negative after having had it? 

Not after 10 days. Even if you keep testing positive, 10 days appears to be the point where the virus can’t be passed on.

Edited by christ

4 minutes ago, christ said:

Not after 10 days. Even if you keep testing positive, 10 days appears to be the point where the virus can’t be passed on.

I know someone that had Covid and two weeks after testing positive still tested positive and likely passed it on to others in her household…

58 minutes ago, the fella said:

My good friend was in hospital with Covid recently, really bad, double jabbed, my wife’s uncle died of it and I know several other people that have died with it, my entire household currently has it, my wife and myself and my two boys, my wife and myself are both double jabbed and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone, it’s serious and regarding Howe and this ten days, again I know someone who tested positive still 2 weeks after first testing positive and then she likely passed it on to family members after that 2 weeks.

55 minutes ago, the fella said:

1) it does NOT have a 99.7% survival rate. Best estimates are 5,172,031 deaths from 258,174,334 cases (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/) meaning about a 2% mortality rate. Stop talking shit.

2) fit and healthy people can die from this

3) aside from that, it's not about him, it's about the frail and elderly people who might get infected further down the line and die or get seriously ill. Preventing transmission saves lives.

4) it's not even about the survival rate. Long Covid affects tens of millions of people worldwide and will continue to for years. "Survival" is a ridiculous metric with which to measure success by, there's more to life than 'surviving'.

We're still in the shit almost two years later because people STILL chat shit like this, playing down something that could be eradicated or at very least reduced to incredibly manageable levels if we all just took some personal responsibility, got vaccinated and fucking behaved. But no. Seemingly that's too much to ask so here we still are, still treading water.

We should do as they've done in Austria, mandatory vaccine passports for any public spaces. If people insist on being part of the problem rather than part of the solution, treat them as such. Fuck the people who don't take this seriously, deny science, make up numbers or won't put a mask on.

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

1) it does NOT have a 99.7% survival rate. Best estimates are 5,172,031 deaths from 258,174,334 cases (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/) meaning about a 2% mortality rate. Stop talking shit.

2) fit and healthy people can die from this

3) aside from that, it's not about him, it's about the frail and elderly people who might get infected further down the line and die or get seriously ill. Preventing transmission saves lives.

4) it's not even about the survival rate. Long Covid affects tens of millions of people worldwide and will continue to for years. "Survival" is a ridiculous metric with which to measure success by, there's more to life than 'surviving'.

We're still in the shit almost two years later because people STILL chat shit like this, playing down something that could be eradicated or at very least reduced to incredibly manageable levels if we all just took some personal responsibility, got vaccinated and fucking behaved. But no. Seemingly that's too much to ask so here we still are, still treading water.

We should do as they've done in Austria, mandatory vaccine passports for any public spaces. If people insist on being part of the problem rather than part of the solution, treat them as such. Fuck the people who don't take this seriously, deny science, make up numbers or won't put a mask on.

Well said. :thup:

31 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I know someone that had Covid and two weeks after testing positive still tested positive and likely passed it on to others in her household…

There are certain symptoms that can mean you’re still contagious (runny nose, shits) but if you don’t have those you’re basically safe regardless of the test results. In lab conditions they struggled to demonstrate contagion after 9 days iirc.

I’ve very recently had it, and was still testing positive after three weeks. The tests are hopeless for about three months once you’ve been ill.