Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

13 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Well said. :thup:

I am triple vaccinated myself so no, I'm not anti vax. Average age in death in UK from covid is 82.6 years.  And uk survival rate is actually close to 99.8% now due to the vaccination programme. All this data is out there on sites such as PHE etc. I am pro vaccination and had all my mine. 

I've rewatched the first half in full (and intend to watch the second), but I didn't notice at the time just how much higher we played up the pitch. Im not sure if this will be something Howe does every game, but it could produce some very goal heavy games while he's trying to implement it.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I've rewatched the first half in full (and intend to watch the second), but I didn't notice at the time just how much higher we played up the pitch. Im not sure if this will be something Howe does every game, but it could produce some very goal heavy games while he's trying to implement it.

Hopefully, it might work more in our favour early on and for the next few games or so, be a bit of a surprise factor.  There won't be much footage available of these players in this system.  It's been two years of sit everyone behind the ball and hump it up to ASM and Wilson.    

I saw an average positions graphic from the Brighton game compared to Brentford.  Whilst I appreciate Brighton was extreme in how defensive we were and we were playing away from home against a possession based team.  It was still much more attacking on Saturday than I would have thought.  I think it was 3-4 players more in the opposition half and everyone a good 10 yards further up the pitch.  

3 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

In one of his interviews he says playing higher up the pitch is his way. Also press heavy. 

He's someone who says the cliché of "playing on the front foot" but actually does it. His philosophy is more Keegan than anything. 

The goals that I remember most, other than the ones like Ginola from outside the box, were when we were counter-attacking from deep, though. Gillespie legging it up the right hand side with an inhuman amount of pace, with the trademark falling-over-as-he-crosses it right onto the head of Ferdinand.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

You do wonder if he had symptoms to move the 10 day isolation period to that instead of the Friday. He would have had to have had symptoms from the Tuesday or Wednesday to be released before the match, although it sounded like the routine test picked it up on the Friday evening.

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

I get why if he tests negative you'd say he had symptoms so you could get him back but isn't that admitting you let someone come to work with covid symptoms?

Depends if they were mild enough and misconstrued as something else at the time.....:^)