Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

41 minutes ago, STM said:

I'm fairly sure he will be at the Jesmond Dene Hotel, it seemed like Staveleys preferred lodging.

There is a good chance that Mehrdad and Staveley are there with him.

I don't think our new owners have a permenant house up here yet.

I'm sure I've read the words 'Quayside hotel' at some point.

5 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Feeling sorry for Eddie right now. Being stuck in a hotel room for 10 days must be a nightmare. It's okay being stuck in your own home, but a hotel room?

I've done it twice this year alone due to Covid, getting stuck in Heathrow quarantine jail.

It wasn't that bad. 10 days of wanking, drinking and playing video games. Maybe Howe has a slightly higher work ethic though. :lol:

15 hours ago, Abra Dubravka said:

Agreed, arm round the shoulder was used more turn of phrase on my part there. Howe will no doubt, like you say demanding performances and application from him. 

Hopefully it does click for him, not many players in the league have the technique in passing range he does, but just think it's come 3/4 years too late for him.

He looked finally what we always thought under Rafa 17/18, playing in a two, but he let himself slide again. Years on now, he's physically gone I think, and has never in his career had any sense positionally in defensive transition. 

Any side in league should be looking at isolating that space behind him, and be running at our defence. Countless goals have come that route under Bruce, that will always be a weakness even under Howe

He's better than what we ever saw him with Bruce and Bruceball, but it does speak to him and many other players they have it within themselves to be that consistently shit for over 3 season.

Personally hope that Howe is just trying to get a song out of him for the next few months as that is what we need. Bollocks to his long term usefulness, we need results now and if pushing Shelvey gets better performances for a few months then great. Still needs to be binned as soon as we can get a half decent replacement. He's a throwback to our former era of adequacy rather than ambition. Onwards and upwards and I'm sure we'll see Shelvey at Turf Moor next season.

17 minutes ago, tom1988 said:

Personally hope that Howe is just trying to get a song out of him for the next few months as that is what we need. Bollocks to his long term usefulness, we need results now and if pushing Shelvey gets better performances for a few months then great. Still needs to be binned as soon as we can get a half decent replacement. He's a throwback to our former era of inadequacy rather than ambition. Onwards and upwards and I'm sure we'll see Shelvey at Turf Moor next season.

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

He hasn't. That's just the rules. You only do 10 days if you have had no symptoms beforehand. 

Got a link to this, as NHS website doesn't say that?  It's because my friend had to isolate for 10 days without any symptoms.