Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Ryder undoubtedly had that shite scribbled out before he even asked the question. :lol: Tindall could've said no comment and he'd still have probably gone with 'Tindall can't decide between Dubravka and Darlow'.

Nothing to worry about, as soon as Dubs is considered fit enough I'm sure Darlow will be back on the bench. I just pray to God that's this weekend.

I love how people on here expect people in the club to come out and slate their own team/colleagues. We all know Darlow is shite but I certainly wouldn’t expect the new management to be saying that especially as we may have to rely on him at some point. 

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I couldn’t even read the article, Chronicle website is tragic. 

Agreed, I avoid like the plague. Surely there is a balance between usability, content and adverts which brings users back (as it’s subtlety done) but still generates revenue. 

23 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I love how people on here expect people in the club to come out and slate their own team/colleagues. We all know Darlow is shite but I certainly wouldn’t expect the new management to be saying that especially as we may have to rely on him at some point. 

Could you imagine in Alan Partridge style, Tindall "Yeah we totally agree with the fans, Karl is a total cunt and were dropping him" 

Some right meat heads among our fans.

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Could you imagine in Alan Partridge style, Tindall "Yeah we totally agree with the fans, Karl is a total cunt and were dropping him" 

Some right meat heads among our fans.

Be funny as if he did like, not for Darlow of course :cheesy:

Best thing about Tindall's presser, the amount of times he had to use the "I can only speak of my own covid experience and how my kids had covid" literally every scumbag reporter trying to trip him up on the 10 day isolation. 

It was tedious and he was like a broken record, but I actually lol'd on the fourth time it was asked and he regurgitated it once more.

[emoji38]

Newcastle boss Eddie Howe to BBC Sport: "I thought it was a good performance, especially the start. We were good for the first half an hour. We came under pressure. The game was decided in the incident with Callum Wilson and the penalty - a tough call against us – then they scored in the aftermath.

"I don’t know why Callum would go down – he was one on one, a great chance. Games swing on those moments. It feels like those big calls have gone against us.

"Great save [from Aaron Ramsdale to deny Jonjo Shelvey]. I thought it was in. The pleasing thing today is how we started and finished the game. We created chances. Ramsdale has played well. We weren’t clinical but at least we were creating chances.

"The players have been very responsive. They have given everything in the two games. I can’t ask more than their best.

"We just have to look at the first one [game against Norwich]. Momentum in football is so important. We need to get that win as quickly as we can.

"It is great to be back. You don’t enjoy losing. Managing and being out there in action is what it’s all about."

Not going to read too much into press conference waffle but managers talking about isolated moments and incidents has always been a bit of a red flag for me, especially if it becomes a consistent pattern. We were never going to win that game, our problems are much deeper lying than any single refereeing decision. 

We didn't create many chances, either. 

Just now, Barnes23 said:

Not going to read too much into press conference waffle but managers talking about isolated moments and incidents has always been a bit of a red flag for me, especially if it becomes a consistent pattern. We were never going to win that game, our problems are much deeper lying than any single refereeing decision. 

We didn't create many chances, either. 

Every single manager points out isolated moments in defeat, look at Klopp and pep in defeats they all do it.

Deflect attention, focus publicly on the positives, defend the players. It's broadly what you have to do in interviews. He has no real option but to channel some positive focus. Can work on fixing the weaknesses in private.

Response seemed fine. 

What do you expect him to say?

"The squad is shit, and the Bruce effect can't be underestimated. We will do the best we can with them before the transfer window."

?

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

Can't be talking about red flags, already? 

[emoji38] In the grand scheme of things it's obviously not that important, I'll be judging him over the course of the rest of the season as we all will. As much a reflection of my dislike for post-match managerial BS as much as anything else. 

4 minutes ago, Cf said:

Response seemed fine. 

What do you expect him to say?

"The squad is shit, and the Bruce effect can't be underestimated. We will do the best we can with them before the transfer window."

?

Positivity is fine, I don't like misrepresentation though. Even if all managers do it to an extent. The positives of the game were the workrate/effort of the team and the organisation and discipline seen in the first half, and a few individual performances. Not much more can be said except for the areas where we need to work and bring about improvements. 

He's walked into a shambles and although I'm not keen on seeing the type of football we saw today he's got such little quality in the squad he's left with few other options. I'd absolutely love to see us go toe to toe away to arsenal and match them but we simply don't have the players to do that at this moment, this squad is not fit for purpose, it's rank in all departments. 

He gets all the time (and funds) he needs from me, I'll not be criticising him after a few games, he needs support and patience from the fans, he's not a miracle worker. 

In many ways it might have been a safer bet to bring in a more cautious manager, Unai Emery would have fit the bill in that regard, if he wasn't a bottling wanker. It was always going to be a tough ask to bring in someone like Howe who believes in attacking football and expect a transformation from the way we've been playing for the past 5 years. I know I keep banging on about it, but when Keegan took over from Allardyce, we went 8 games before winning a game, and we looked even more hopeless than now. Then he gradually got them going again by insisting they play positively, and he would take full responsibility for results. 

It will take something similar here. Players will need confidence building to get forward in numbers, Howe will need to learn quickly that we need proper wing backs otherwise Ritchie/Fraser/Murphy will keep costing us goals. I still think he will turn it around, whether it will happen with this squad of players is another matter. That is really going to test his skills as a coach. 

45 minutes ago, midds said:

He's walked into a shambles and although I'm not keen on seeing the type of football we saw today he's got such little quality in the squad he's left with few other options. I'd absolutely love to see us go toe to toe away to arsenal and match them but we simply don't have the players to do that at this moment, this squad is not fit for purpose, it's rank in all departments. 

He gets all the time (and funds) he needs from me, I'll not be criticising him after a few games, he needs support and patience from the fans, he's not a miracle worker. 

Absolutely spot on Midds.

Saw nowt of today but he needs to fuck off thinking playing the likes of Emil Krafth is any way to get results. It's not 'worrying,' cos it's ridiculously early in his tenure, but Jesus Christ howay. You can make all the progress in the world in terms of getting fitness and motivation up, and changing the philosophy; but sticking that non-footballer and Matt Ritchie at full-back is going to result in zero points. 

Really hope decisions like that are few and far between or we'll get nowhere. Madness to me that Manquillo isn't getting anywhere near the pitch atm, he's basically the only competent full-back in the squad; other than Dummett, who we're also absolutely desperate for at this point. 

Ritchie tries hard but he is no defender, krafth doesn´t really do anything, apart from back off until the attacker gets his pass/shot off, as far as I can see...

Manquillo should be playing and Fernandez, don´t know what the story is there.

Difficult to criticise a manager this early, though the selections are baffling.  Krafth is possibly the worst defender I’ve seen get regular game time in a B&W strip since the early ‘90s.

Still baffled by how a month-long ‘process’ and multiple interviews ends with a bloke being appointed who could’ve been appointed yonks ago.

Personally, Howe leaves me non-plussed.  But he’s a thousand times better than Bruce.