Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

With playing the likes of Krafth and Ritchie - I'm inclined to think Howe's team spend most days training with them and analysing stats, and are experts compared to me - so they're understand something I'm not. Was less inclined to concede that to Bruce as not sure he was really doing any of that...

8 minutes ago, Thiago said:

If we went down narrowly would people want him to stop on?

I thought he was totally the wrong choice in the first place, but you’re still probably not going to attract top managers in the Championship (or players). Maybe by then also some on here will get their wish and Rafa will be available to come in. 

Just now, Inferior Acuña said:

With playing the likes of Krafth and Ritchie - I'm inclined to think Howe's team spend most days training with them and analysing stats, and are experts compared to me - so they're understand something I'm not. Was less inclined to concede that to Bruce as not sure he was really doing any of that...

All they had to do was watch the highlights of the goals conceded in the last couple of years to see they were an obvious weakness. 

Honestly can’t believe what I’m reading , the snipes at Howe , already, is fucking unbelievable.

Just let him try and get the best out of some utter shite ok, none of this is his fault , it will take time and will get worse , we 99% will go down but I’d want this guy at the helm going forward 100% .

7 minutes ago, GWN said:

Honestly can’t believe what I’m reading , the snipes at Howe , already, is fucking unbelievable.

Just let him try and get the best out of some utter shite ok, none of this is his fault , it will take time and will get worse , we 99% will go down but I’d want this guy at the helm going forward 100% .

It's embarrassing. It's like some can't stop the emotion from clouding their brains.

Arsenal are a very difficult side to beat and they keep the ball very well, it was always going to be tough. 

We could have very easily been 1-0 up at half time and that's without the pen. First goal was crucial.

Second half was shite but hardly an indictment of Howe.

Play like we did against Brentford and we beat Norwich and Burnley.

Like GWN, I can't believe some of the comments on here about Howe. Amazing how they can all pick a better team without the advantage of watching them in training all the week. Such comments are food for all of the people and pundits out there who think that the Newcastle supporters are delusional and have a sense of entitlement.

Howe summed it up by saying that the players did there best and he can't ask for anymore. 

He has inherited a dreadful unbalanced squad of players, most of them being unfit for purpose and that's what we've got until January / February assuming we can make some acquisitions.

Howe needs and deserves all the support he can get. Unlike the previous management team, they are giving it their all and being professional. It's a long road ahead

14 hours ago, TRon said:

I know I keep banging on about it, but when Keegan took over from Allardyce, we went 8 games before winning a game, and we looked even more hopeless than now. Then he gradually got them going again by insisting they play positively, and he would take full responsibility for results. 

Well remembered. Click on the games and we were playing a back four of Carr, Cacapa, Taylor and N'Zogbia and Smith playing up front. It's lost somewhere in my own memory, but it won't have been pretty. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kevin-keegan/leistungsdatenDetail/trainer/453/verein_id/762/datum_zu/2008-01-16/datum_ab/2008-09-04

Under Bruce last season we gained 17 points from the first 11 games, then 11 points from 18 games, nigh on half the season, and finally 17 points from the last 9. I'm sure Eddie Howe could equal that 17 points from 11 games with some properly spent PIF money. A point a game the rest of the time, dour relegation-mixer form, will get us to 37. So in theory, not impossible with plenty of money on the table.

One problem we have is the fixtures have set us up easy then hard, then easy starting before the window even closes, and finally hard right at the end. Bruce pissed away the early easy games this season, leaving Howe to play catchup in the hard ones with no chance to bring bodies in. The remaining easier fixtures are during or soon after the transfer window, meaning the new players must slot straight in and produce immediately. It's a tall order, but one I'm sure the club are already aware of. However, the point above about Bruce still stands. You can go half the season, nearly four full months, picking up 11 points from 18 games and it doesn't matter so long as you hit decent form some other time. I don't have high expectations of our squad, I'm not that stupid, but there is no fucking way those expectations are going to be lower under Eddie Howe and PIF than they were under the fat fucks we had as an owner and manager before.

As I said yesterday in the match thread I’d have hope that we would have been a bit more aggressive and adventurous yesterday. Obviously I have faith in Eddie and the staff to sort us out and it is early days. There were a lot of encouraging aspects of our game vs. Brentford and a few yesterday as well hopefully we’ll beat Norwich on Tuesday and get this train moving. 

Guest reefatoon

The poor bloke has had a nightmare start to his time here due to being in isolation. Must have been so frustrating and the players would have felt it too. He’s back now and we will see things moving on. Ridiculous to blame him for anything at this stage. He’s back at the training ground every day now and we will improve.

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

IF we invest in January and still end up relegated he needs replacing imo. 

The single most embarrassing post I’ve EVER read on a football forum , fuck me. 

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Yeah, I agree. There were some promising signs yesterday that Howe had got at least some of them playing with more belief and confidence. There's a big task ahead, but he's already had an impact, and it'll really all depend on who we can attract in January.

I find some of these arguments about team selection a bit academic, particularly with the defence. There's not a lot to choose between any of our centre backs. Ritchie struggles at full back, but touting Lewis as his replacement feels like short memory syndrome. I'd like to see Murphy play more, but even with him he looks like he's still learning. At goalkeeper, Dubravka looks like he's still recovering his fitness and confidence. 

And in front of them, a decent DM would make a big difference.

Edited by Cronky

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Yeah, I agree. There were some promising signs yesterday that Howe had got at least some of them playing with more belief and confidence. There's a big task ahead, but he's already had an impact, and it'll really all depend on who we can attract in January.

I find some of these arguments about team selection a bit academic, particularly with the defence. There's not a lot to choose between any of our centre backs. Ritchie struggles at full back, but touting Lewis as his replacement feels like short memory syndrome. I'd like to see Murphy play more, but even with him he looks like he's still learning. At goalkeeper, Dubravka looks like he's still recovering his fitness and confidence. 

And in front of them, a decent DM would make a big difference.

A DM in the Tiote mould would be ideal.

I can't believe people are having a go at Howe, he's been here for a few weeks for God's sake, he took over a team that don't train, a team that were managed by a bloke that doesn't do tactics and he's expected to turn them into world beaters. 

To top this off he catches Covid and spends 3 days in bed, we can't make any sort of judgement until he's had at least 10 games and even then he's still working with a squad that has been mismanaged for years and is woefully unbalanced

Guest neesy111

You can't just undo over 2 seasons of Bruce ball via 1 transfer window.   Also integrating 4-5 new players into a team mid-season is very difficult.

Edited by neesy111

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What is embarrassing about this post?

IF we get relegated and he spends heavily in January he should stay?

Who’s going to manage us in the championship though? Fat Sam,Neil Warnock,Tony Pulis. 

1 minute ago, sh74 said:

Who’s going to manage us in the championship though? Fat Sam,Neil Warnock,Tony Pulis. 

We had Benitez in the championship last time with Mike Ashley being the owner. 

And I agree, you can’t undo what Bruce has done quickly but at the same time we were comfortably safe last season so investing a lot of money and getting relegated this season would be a unmitigated disaster. 

and here’s the thing, I hope this doesn’t happen and Howe goes on to be a great success but if the above scenario does happen I suspect many of you will be changing your tune real quick.  

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

And I agree, you can’t undo what Bruce has done quickly but at the same time we were comfortably safe last season so investing a lot of money and getting relegated this season would be a unmitigated disaster. 

So we should've kept Bruce then?  Did you actually watch us last season and the season before?  We fluked like 50% of our wins, that was how we stayed up those seasons.

Just now, neesy111 said:

So we should've kept Bruce then?  Did you actually watch us last season and the season before?  We fluked like 50% of our wins, that was how we stayed up those seasons.

Neesy, your a better poster than this. 

I can’t stand Bruce and I’m sure your aware of that. And indeed we were fortunate but a better coach who is backed should be able to beat his points tally no? 

if we don’t invest heavily and or we were truly a drift when Howe took over the conversation would of course be different.