Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

So we should've kept Bruce then?  Did you actually watch us last season and the season before?  We fluked like 50% of our wins, that was how we stayed up those seasons.

Was totally unsustainable but our former owners just didn't see it. They should have, they'd seen enough bad managers somehow getting enough points to keep the lights on and how easily it can swing the other way.

In a way I'm shocked they went ahead and bought the club. Some buyers regret going on right now. The only real 2 options are both massive risks and that's to buy players in positions we need who would hang in the championship (so young players and maybe some of the top crop of championship players) or go all out spend as much as we can with silly relegation clauses to attract the best we can. If we stay up those clauses mean Jack shit as we'll never be in that position again so worth the gamble if we think they are good enough to bridge the points gap.

It would depend on the circumstances of the relegation. If we show continued improvement throughout the season and have a good go at staying up then he will rightfully be given a chance. However if we go down in embarrassing fashion then he would go.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Neesy, your a better poster than this. 

I can’t stand Bruce and I’m sure your aware of that. And indeed we were fortunate but a better coach who is backed should be able to beat his points tally no? 

if we don’t invest heavily and or we were truly a drift when Howe took over the conversation would of course be different. 

You're the one, saying we should get rid of a manager that's walked into a pretty hopeless situation of a team winless in 11 before he came and a defense that is championship at best and pinning everything on the transfer window.  Like with transfers, there's a risk that won't turn out well.  Also you've got the issue of attracting players into a pretty terrible situation.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

You're the one, saying we should get rid of a manager that's walked into a pretty hopeless situation of a team winless in 11 before he came and a defense that is championship at best and pinning everything on the transfer window.  Like with transfers, there's a risk that won't turn out well.  Also you've got the issue of attracting players into a pretty terrible situation.

That’s kind of my point though. We had a truly terrible manager who kept this side in the league twice. The same defence which was pretty solid under Rafa no?

to clarify here, I’m in full support of Howe and hope he goes on to a great success in case that’s in doubt. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, r0cafella said:

That’s kind of my point though. We had a truly terrible manager who kept this side in the league twice. The same defence which was pretty solid under Rafa no?

to clarify here, I’m in full support of Howe and hope he goes on to a great success in case that’s in doubt. 

Was, is the main word here.  It's been eroded into a complete mess by the Steve's that can be seen from start of this season.  Any organization that Rafa has instilled into them has gone also the rest of the league has improved and we haven't in the last 2 years in terms of personnel and tactics at the back.

I don't believe that can be got back now, especially since our best CB was let go.

Guest neesy111

We just need 1 win, confidence is everything in football.

I'm still sure if we don't concede immediately after taking the lead vs Brentford, we would've won that game.

Btw, it still took Keegan 5-6 games to start getting things better when he came back the second time.

Edited by neesy111

1 hour ago, jackyboy said:

Like GWN, I can't believe some of the comments on here about Howe. Amazing how they can all pick a better team without the advantage of watching them in training all the week. Such comments are food for all of the people and pundits out there who think that the Newcastle supporters are delusional and have a sense of entitlement.

Howe summed it up by saying that the players did there best and he can't ask for anymore. 

He has inherited a dreadful unbalanced squad of players, most of them being unfit for purpose and that's what we've got until January / February assuming we can make some acquisitions.

Howe needs and deserves all the support he can get. Unlike the previous management team, they are giving it their all and being professional. It's a long road ahead

That was the biggest thing I got from his interview, without him criticising anybody saying they did there best really means there best isn't good enough, we all know this squad is seriously lacking and no manager can suddenly make them capable of beating arsenal or any top team. Hopefully can get some points next 2 games and January is crucial. 

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Was, is the main word here.  It's been eroded into a complete mess by the Steve's that can be seen from start of this season.  Any organization that Rafa has instilled into them has gone also the rest of the league has improved and we haven't in the last 2 years in terms of personnel and tactics at the back.

I don't believe that can be got back now, especially since our best CB was let go.

I mean it’s his job to get them organised. We were also a shambles when Rafa took over. Although it’s probably not fair to compare Howe and Rafa. 

My original point is more a long the lines of we have control of our destiny we have a lot of time and hopefully money to invest. I do believe despite our shortcomings with Investment we should be safe. 

and not to be critical of Howe but we can’t see midfield twos of Shelvey and Wilock and Krafh has to be consigned to the reserves. If we handicap ourselves with such decisions of course we will go down. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, r0cafella said:

I mean it’s his job to get them organised. We were also a shambles when Rafa took over. Although it’s probably not fair to compare Howe and Rafa. 

My original point is more a long the lines of we have control of our destiny we have a lot of time and hopefully money to invest. I do believe despite our shortcomings with Investment we should be safe. 

and not to be critical of Howe but we can’t see midfield twos of Shelvey and Wilock and Krafh has to be consigned to the reserves. If we handicap ourselves with such decisions of course we will go down. 

Completely agree on the last point, I don't rate Willock from what I've seen and also heard from the Arsenal fans.  Hopefully Lascelles and Ritchie missing is a blessing in disguise for us.

Still not worried in the slightest.

The club however need to get their transfer business done so that the new players arrive on the day of the window opening.

If the rumours are true then trippier at right back and a new left back will go a HUGE way to solving some of the squads problems.

A shithouse DM and one or 2 other additions would be great.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Completely agree on the last point, I don't rate Willock from what I've seen and also heard from the Arsenal fans.  Hopefully Lascelles and Ritchie missing is a blessing in disguise for us.

My worry is we see Clark brought in who I’m not a fan of. Hopefully Fede plays who I believe is our best defender (at defending). For left back I’m wondering is it possible Lewis can be worse than Ritchie?

Wilock is talented especially with the ball he can dribble and pass but his defensive side is none existent which is why him and Shelvey are bad in a two man midfield. 

from what I can see Howe is very focused on playing as a unit which is great and we do look more of a team since he took over. 

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Still not worried in the slightest.

The club however need to get their transfer business done so that the new players arrive on the day of the window opening.

If the rumours are true then trippier at right back and a new left back will go a HUGE way to solving some of the squads problems.

A shithouse DM and one or 2 other additions would be great.

Same.

We are 6 points from safety with 25 games left to play. We have a new manager in charge and will strengthen the squad in January.

First 30-40 minutes we were alright, but as soon as Arsenal went through the gears we were outclassed.

Pre-game I thought Arsenal might be there for the taking, but they were very clinical against inferior opposition.

Edited by The Prophet

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

All they had to do was watch the highlights of the goals conceded in the last couple of years to see they were an obvious weakness. 

If you watched the highlights from last week you would have seen why Howe started Krafth, Murphy at right wing back was nowhere to be seen allowing a free header at the far post. That cost a goal and any chance of victory. 

1 hour ago, neesy111 said:

There is no chance we are getting Trippier, he's settled in Spain and playing for the reigning La Liga champions.

It depends on what we offer. He's 31 and one last big pay-day could well attract him.

52 minutes ago, TRon said:

If you watched the highlights from last week you would have seen why Howe started Krafth, Murphy at right wing back was nowhere to be seen allowing a free header at the far post. That cost a goal and any chance of victory. 

No you would have started Manquillo