Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I don't understand this "not worrying at all" nonsense. Were going into December without a win. There's absolutely no guarantee the signings in Jan hit the ground running. Were in a relegation fight it's as simple as that.

Still got plenty faith me, actually think we'll stay up too. Thought 2-0 was to some degree flattering to Arsenal and fancy us to get 6 points this next week.

My concern with Howe is that we may only know one way to play, I suspect not, as he's done his homework by the sounds of it, and even then "we'll score more than you" isn't exactly a stupid notion. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

:lol: So that's just how he looks all the time?

yep

Unfortunately it’s rare that Gabby’s two brain cells ever collide inside that massive bonce and form a cogent, valid thought. 

The Soccer Saturday mob aren't the brightest; with their tired clichés, lack of understanding of the modern game and the refusal to do any sort of research outside the basics but fuck me, they look like the most learned of scholars up against Agbonlahor and O'Hara.

Painfully fickk 

As disappointed as I was with our performance against Arsenal, (I didn’t expect to beat them, but did feel we were still the same disjointed poor team on and off the ball and so no improvement whatsoever), it’s not Howe or his coaching team’s fault just how shit we are and I’ve already resigned myself to going down, he would still be perfect if we do to rebuild and take us back up and if we do somehow stay up, he is still; perfect for the immediate job at hand right now.

I’m kind of hoping the game on Tuesday gets called off due to bad weather because I feel our failings all stem from the training ground mostly or rather they can be eased or kind of ironed out by continuous coaching under Howe and his team, every defeat in between whatever happens on the training ground will damage whatever they do with the players in training the most. Conversely, a win would do wonders on that front too.

Basically he has my full support regardless and I’m confident the future is bright for us under Howe, whatever league we are in. 

7 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Didn't know where to post this but I see that OGS has donated his £7.5 mill payoff to charity. I haven't read where Bruce has done the same🤭

That's just crazy tbh, but fair play to him, he's proven his heart is Man U. 

So is Bruce's that's why he didn't do the same. 

I never realised just how shite our defensive is, like I know if was bad but not this bad, here are so lovely stats for the season:

Goals Conceded: 29 (20th in the league, 19th is Norwich with 27)

XG Conceded: 25.4 (20th in the league, 19th is Norwich with 22.6)

Penalties conceded: 5 (1st in the league, 2 more then 2nd)

Goals Conceded: 2.2 (20th in league, Norwich in 19th with 2.1)

Clean Sheets: 0 (Joint worst with Watford)

Yellow cards: 35 (1st in the league, 2 more then 2nd)

Howe has a hell of a job on his hands.

The defence is fine as long as you have basically everyone defending including the forwards. I think we've got pretty decent defenders, but they are more suited to counter attacking football where you whack the ball long., Howe is going to have to work out a way to gel attacking philosophy without being stung at the other end. It's a massive job tbh, usually you can only do that with really top players in every department. 

37 minutes ago, 54 said:

I never realised just how shite our defensive is, like I know if was bad but not this bad, here are so lovely stats for the season:

Goals Conceded: 29 (20th in the league, 19th is Norwich with 27)

XG Conceded: 25.4 (20th in the league, 19th is Norwich with 22.6)

Penalties conceded: 5 (1st in the league, 2 more then 2nd)

Goals Conceded: 2.2 (20th in league, Norwich in 19th with 2.1)

Clean Sheets: 0 (Joint worst with Watford)

Yellow cards: 35 (1st in the league, 2 more then 2nd)

Howe has a hell of a job on his hands.

I've seen worse individuals stay up, but the problem is our lot have received no real coaching for two years. 

I also think we're seeing a consequence of stagnation. They're not all past their physical prime, but when you've been in the same job 5 years with no challenge, no new faces to push you, complacency becomes a bigger shadow. My hope is that some see this takeover as a challenge to survive. 

I can see us improving but I can't see 6 points from next 2, we have been lucky last couple of seasons to even remain in the Prem. Just can't see us going from where we are now to picking up enough wins to stay up. Would have to be one hell of a January to get enough quality in to go on a good enough run and even that's a big ask, who is going to come to a bottom of the table club, are they going to hit the ground running. I think if we manage to stay up it will be a miracle but that's not Howes fault but the previous lack of care from years gone by. I hope I'm proved wrong. 

2 hours ago, Thiago said:

I've seen worse individuals stay up, but the problem is our lot have received no real coaching for two years. 

I also think we're seeing a consequence of stagnation. They're not all past their physical prime, but when you've been in the same job 5 years with no challenge, no new faces to push you, complacency becomes a bigger shadow. My hope is that some see this takeover as a challenge to survive. 

This is the crux of it, really. They've been left to get on with it whilst the previous incumbent sat on his fat fucking arse and got his brain-dead lackeys to oversee a few shuttle runs and five-a-side games twice a week.

It will always remain an utter fucking travesty that that sort of incompetence was tolerated.

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

This is the crux of it, really. They've been left to get on with it whilst the previous incumbent sat on his fat fucking arse and got his brain-dead lackeys to oversee a few shuttle runs and five-a-side games twice a week.

It will always remain an utter fucking travesty that that sort of incompetence was tolerated.

Yeah. Bruce basically steered us towards the rocks. 

LIke even Rafa, it took time to build the defence.

I generally agreed with his post-match comments and thoughts they were a pretty fair assessment.

I do think his team selection has been intriguing and very much open to debate. I'd be very interested to hear why, Fernandez, Lewis, Manquillo and Hayden haven't has a look in, given the alternatives to be square pegs in round holes. 

Other than that, I just thought we were beaten by a better team on the day really.

Must be one of if not the hardest managerial job in the Premier ATM, rock bottom of the league, shit squad, newly the richest club, fans that want results but not too defensive, unfit and untrained team, low on confidence and some of the worst stats in all departments I've ever seen. Trying to turn that around in a season is going to be difficult never mind a few weeks and we need it done ASAP. Pressure must be huge and as results keep passing just looking more and more glum. 

Just now, HWTL said:

Must be one of if not the hardest managerial job in the Premier ATM, rock bottom of the league, shit squad, newly the richest club, fans that want results but not too defensive, unfit and untrained team, low on confidence and some of the worst stats in all departments I've ever seen. Trying to turn that around in a season is going to be difficult never mind a few weeks and we need it done ASAP. Pressure must be huge and as results keep passing just looking more and more glum. 

Couldn’t care less how defensive or attacking we are to be honest, we just need wins.

The only thing I find weird is some of the selections. If he’s been watching and preparing for the job, you’d think he would know that people like Krafth are massive liabilities. And that Shelvey and Willock don’t have the legs for a two-man midfield. 

Early days though obviously, maybe he just believed he could improve them with coaching. Maybe he can.