Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

Right. Complain if he doesn't learn from his mistakes. Dubravka, Schar, Fernandez, Manquillo, Lewis, Joelinton, and Shelvey have demonstrated that they need to be in the starting 11. If Lascelles and Ritchie return, I am going to be right there with the criticism. Not starting Fernandez was 't surprising before. Going forward it is inexcusable.

And that's fair. 

I didn't comment in the match thread at the time but there was a moment, somewhere around 65-70 minutes I believe, where we're camped out in their half, pressing and trying to pin them down near their own 18 yard box, even as the side down a man. And I remember thinking there was absolutely 0 chance of seeing something like that even with a full side under Bruce.

I reckon he'll get it right. Absolutely sabotaged by Clark today. But improvement is plain to see.

Edited by thomas

A significant number of our squad have errors in them, that's why we're where we are. Think it was fair Howe gave people a chance based in training - if Clark outshone Schar and Fed then he deserved the chance.

For all we know, Schar makes fuckups like the one that almost cost us the game tonight multiple times in training whilst Clark is a rock...

Fed on the other hand is odd - something seems off there but I guess we don't have the luxury of knowing what happens off the pitch.

16 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I think the subs were right on the surface. I'm certain he couldn't have predicted Hayden to forget how to pass the ball or communicate with his teammates when he blundered about 3-5 counter attack chances. 

Playing Hayden on the wrong side of the diamond was very questionable to me, the position seemed tailor-made for Almiron in the circumstances, so he could support Lewis a bit after they went 4-4-2 and brought the big(ish) lad on.

Then Almiron does come on, and instead of going 4-4-1-1 (tucking Hayden in and Miggy going LM) to protect the flanks he plays him in ASM's position in Wilson's pocket. At that point in the game it surely has to be about solidity and managing the clock, for me.

I said this at the time, btw, so it's not pure hindsight talking. It was clear what Norwich's plan was after their final sub, overload the flanks and get the ball in the box.

Still, I'll caveat this by saying it's his third game and he missed his first one with COVID. He'll surely learn, but he has to learn fast given the position we're in.

We can't be seeing Clark and Ritchie next game, and I personally don't want to see Hayden on the park again at all.

Just now, Rich said:

Still, I'll caveat this by saying it's his third game and he missed his first one with COVID. He'll surely learn, but he has to learn fast given the position we're in.

We can't be seeing Clark and Ritchie next game, and I personally don't want to see Hayden on the park again at all.

We‘ll be in trouble if we do. I think playing a suspended player is possibly against the rules.

I was really impressed with the change in us against Brentford and I thought we'd have seen out a comfortable win tonight, had we not been totally crippled by the stupidity of one individual. Arsenal we lost and there were issues with the line-up, but he also spent the entire preparation for that ravaged by COVID and stuck in a hotel room.

Ridiculously early to make any conclusions about him so far, particularly considering the utterly desperate situation he walked into. I enjoy his dignity and intensity and have hopes that he'll give us a fighting chance of staying up. 

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We‘ll be in trouble if we do. I think playing a suspended player is possibly against the rules.

I think you might be right. "Next time they're available".

Disappointed he didnt start Fede and thought Wilson should have come off instead of St Max, but if he was truly spent that fair enough. 

We lose that under Bruce and was happy didnt just sit in a defend after we went down to 10

8 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

A significant number of our squad have errors in them, that's why we're where we are. Think it was fair Howe gave people a chance based in training - if Clark outshone Schar and Fed then he deserved the chance.

For all we know, Schar makes fuckups like the one that almost cost us the game tonight multiple times in training whilst Clark is a rock...

Fed on the other hand is odd - something seems off there but I guess we don't have the luxury of knowing what happens off the pitch.

I think fatigue had something to do with that. He got forward a lot.

Plus points Lewis looked assured at left back Fernandez did what we all know he does joelinton ran his socks off and in fairness shelvey has stepped up his game !!! Another great point is .. it is surely Clarke’s last game and Ritchie will have to wait till Lewis gets injured 

8 minutes ago, Rich said:

He was shocking when he came on mind.

29 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I think he's still discovering his best team. Fucked Darlow off after Brentford, needs to fuck Clark off and we need to keep that same back 4 for Burnley.

He could have watched videos or asked his coaching staff to find that out. Brentford, Norwich and Burnley at home and the best we can do now is 5 points from 9.

It’s crazy to have a manager who clearly adapts his tactics to the opposition and doesn’t play the same turgid way every single game.

Yes, he got it wrong against Arsenal, but in the other two games he’s managed two difficult situations and we’ve been unlucky to only come away with two points.

I also see players running through brick walls for him. ASM and Shelvey two talented players who could be liable to throw the towel in are giving him 110%.

We’ve seen immediate improvement in individual players like Joelinton and Lewis today.

The signs are good. We can going like we are and we’ll pick wins and points up.

I’d much rather he gets to know the team and players he can trust in November, rather than March like Rafa was faced with.

He finally gets in the stadium at home with a winnable fixture and an up-for-it crowd, and nine minutes in, we're playing a rearguard action with his game plan in tatters. What a waste.

Staveley said the other day that the squad was capable of more, maybe a deserved dig at Bruce, but our best chance of survival lies in having the kind of transfer window no team in the bottom three has ever seen. One that blows all the "no team has ever...." data points out of the water. Clark today showed what the squad is capable of.

34 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

The best guess is that Howe has recieved some pitifiul notes on the squad since coming in.

Quite likely Tbf. Jones was pretty fucking awful for the games he was in charge, and Howe was locked in a hotel room for a crucial week.