Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Needs to buy players for a promotion push in Jan this year, I had massive faith in him doing his homework and knowing the in's and out's of the players he'd inherited but that faith is diminishing unfortunately. He's picking proven liabilities and they're doing what they've always done, they don't pick themselves, it's not an accident Clark started today, it's not an accident Darlow started against Brentford, they're selected and they play. They make mistakes and you must look at the manager. They're dogshit. He must see that. If he doesn't see it then the blame shifts to him. 

I'm hugely behind Howe, I like him and his methods, but if he continues to pick players who let him down regularly then the blame shifts pretty quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Quite likely Tbf. Jones was pretty fucking awful for the games he was in charge, and Howe was locked in a hotel room for a crucial week. 

We should have purged Jones with the Steves, these little mistakes can add up if you’re not careful. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Needs to buy players for a promotion push in Jan this year, I had massive faith in him doing his homework and knowing the in's and out's of the players he'd inherited but that faith is diminishing unfortunately. He's picking proven liabilities and they're doing what they've always done, they don't pick themselves, it's not an accident Clark started today, it's not an accident Darlow started against Brentford, they're selected and they play. They make mistakes and you must look at the manager. They're dogshit. He must see that. If he doesn't see it then the blame shifts to him. 

I'm hugely behind Howe, I like him and his methods, but if he continues to pick players who let him down regularly then the blame shifts pretty quickly. 

I feel like that might be a tad early to come to those conclusions. 

If he automatically brings Ritchie and Lascelles back into the team. Then I think I’d agree with you.

All that said, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be behind him. Rafa regularly left out some of the players I liked and IMO made baffling selections at times. But if it starts to get results, then it won’t be seen as such an issue.  

Two draws and a loss to Arsenal isn’t the worst considering the dumb individual errors which were made in all three games.

Think of what he’s learned about certain players.

Darlow - errors which literally cost goals.

Lascelles - Zero leadership, statue like, watches the disaster unfold around him like a spectator.

Clark - ugh.. enough said.

Schar - needs to be kept in check, if he does the basics and gets to pass the ball when he’s in space he’s our best option at the back.

Fernandez - better than Lascelles and the real captain imho.

Lewis - deserves a chance

Joelinton - transformative. Best player on the pitch tonight and against Brentford.

Almiron - dependable. Think he’ll find a place in the side, until January at least.

When everyone is available this should guide team selection.

17 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I feel like that might be a tad early to come to those conclusions. 

If he automatically brings Ritchie and Lascelles back into the team. Then I think I’d agree with you.

All that said, it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be behind him. Rafa regularly left out some of the players I liked and IMO made baffling selections at times. But if it starts to get results, then it won’t be seen as such an issue.  

With all the calls for Clark to be replaced by Fernandez, it seems most have forgotten the club captain will be coming straight back in.

If Fernandez starts against Burnley, it will likely be in place of Schar…

31 minutes ago, midds said:

Pretty clear now that he blagged that interview like [emoji38]

I'm happy with him and the performance with 10 men was impressive. But it's plain as day that he knew very little about us beyond some probable internet scouting and MotD.

This is why I wanted a clearout of staff and a proper DoF in and for the club to regulate our coaches and the assistant instead of Howe. As much as I'm excited for Howe's ideas I would feel a lot more confident if the people he talks with about football everyday had some clout about them.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

7 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

With all the calls for Clark to be replaced by Fernandez, it seems most have forgotten the club captain will be coming straight back in.

If Fernandez starts against Burnley, it will likely be in place of Schar…

Makes sense against Burnley though. Depends on how much Howe wants to pander to the opposition. If we would have won today (and Schär almost giving away a point at the end), I think we 100% see the same back 5 as the last 80 minutes tonight. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

It definitely feels like he doesn't know his best team, but performances are improving.

Agreed. The positive thing is that he seems to be learning by benching Darlow and Clark (against Arsenal). Who knows what he'd done ahead of Norwich if it weren't for Ritchie and Lascelles suspensions? My gut feeling (based on nothing tbh :lol: ) is that Lascelles would have played today, but not Ritchie.

The biggest indication of his judgement of players will come next game. I'd be extremely dissapointed if Lascelles and Ritchie are back in the team against Burnley at the expense of Fernandez and Lewis.

Makes sense against Burnley though. Depends on how much Howe wants to pander to the opposition. If we would have won today (and Schär almost giving away a point at the end), I think we 100% see the same back 5 as the last 80 minutes tonight. 

We went back 5? 

Yeah, no major issue for me tbh. 

I know he was reportedly belter for Switzerland, but I still only ever feel comfortable with Schar in a back three. It lets him use his best skills and covers up for any mistakes he may make. He's an odd player in that sense - not quite mobile or technical enough to be a midfielder but not consistent enough to be a reliable defender. 

58 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Wrong team wrong subs. We are better with him here and working a lot harder, mixed bag so far but more good than bad. 

Thought both the team and subs were fine. Clark was an utter moron for what he did, but there’s not much between him and Fernandez quality wise.

ASM was dead on his feet so bringing on Almiron for him was fine. And Willock was crap, so Hayden made sense.

2 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Yeah, no major issue for me tbh. 

I know he was reportedly belter for Switzerland, but I still only ever feel comfortable with Schar in a back three. It lets him use his best skills and covers up for any mistakes he may make. He's an odd player in that sense - not quite mobile or technical enough to be a midfielder but not consistent enough to be a reliable defender. 

I'd be happy enough to go for the 3-4-3 again against Burnley like. Problem is we really could have done with a left footed centre half for that formation to work. Thanks Steve for selling Lejuene. 

11 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Thought both the team and subs were fine. Clark was an utter moron for what he did, but there’s not much between him and Fernandez quality wise.

ASM was dead on his feet so bringing on Almiron for him was fine. And Willock was crap, so Hayden made sense.

It’s going to sound like I’m just using hindsight and I get absence makes the heart grow fonder when players are out the team. But that first paragraph, you genuinely think that? 

Fernandez has been our best centre back for a while and was a rare bright spot under Bruce’s lardy tenure. He was a steal for what we paid and whilst not the most mobile. His reading of the game and ability on the ball are far better than Clark’s. 

Loads of fans and plenty on here have been questioning why he is not starting. 

Howe spoke well after the game as he has done in recent weeks. Has given a clean slate to all players and reaped the rewards from Joelinton and Shelvey in particular. Fernandez has started with the cold shoulder and understandably so if rumours are to be believed, but now Howe will know for himself. There is more to the art of defending than blocks and tackles, or playing a nice pass. Reading of the game, communication and organisation are equally if not more important.

Howe is learning with this team and it's a steep learning curve. What we need to do is consider the corrosion of our club and support the squad in regaining confidence, composure and belief. 

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Howe spoke well after the game as he has done in recent weeks. Has given a clean slate to all players and reaped the rewards from Joelinton and Shelvey in particular. Fernandez has started with the cold shoulder and understandably so if rumours are to be believed, but now Howe will know for himself. There is more to the art of defending than blocks and tackles, or playing a nice pass. Reading of the game, communication and organisation are equally if not more important.

Howe is learning with this team and it's a steep learning curve. What we need to do is consider the corrosion of our club and support the squad in regaining confidence, composure and belief. 

What rumours are these?

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Good post. Whatever happens we have a proper club and a proper manager, that’s class. SJP was loud all around. 

I hope we can get a couple of wins soon to make it a contest though, it’ll be sad if we just trundle along the bottom to relegation.