Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

What rumours are these?

People have a conspiracy theory that Jones is personally responsible for having him excluded. Flip back to May and Jones was the hero... but as soon as Bruce leaves Jones becomes the scapegoat 

Just now, nbthree3 said:

People have a conspiracy theory that Jones is personally responsible for having him excluded. Flip back to May and Jones was the hero... but as soon as Bruce leaves Jones becomes the scapegoat 

Yeah I saw that in a few people's thoughts, but Heron indicated that it was something that was justified

I think so far Howe has got more wrong than right with his team selections, If they weren't suspended I'm sure Richie and Lascelles would  have started tonight. He needs to learn very quickly or we'll be down before we can strengthen in January. There aren't too many bad sides likely to get relegated this season, Us, Norwich, Burnley, Watford maybe Southampton that's it really.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Good post. Whatever happens we have a proper club and a proper manager, that’s class. SJP was loud all around. 

I hope we can get a couple of wins soon to make it a contest though, it’ll be sad if we just trundle along the bottom to relegation. 

I'm confident we will like. You only need to look at Everton to see how it becomes poisonous fast when the fans aren't on side. I think we need to do our bit now, personally. 

10 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah I saw that in a few people's thoughts, but Heron indicated that it was something that was justified

From what I heard Fernandez had a gan about Jones. Cutting long story short. Jones was never the answer but he offered a lot more than Bruce. Effort, just effort. 

43 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Just so we're all ITK. What exactly does Jones have against Fernandez? And why is it justified? 

Supposedly.

Odd there must be dark conspiracies as to why our better defenders are benched or sold. The Athletic had an article recently that said something about Bruce losing some of the players when he replaced Darlow with Dubravaka last season. Darlow is apparently well liked. Who the fck are these morons that are behind Bruce and only lose faith when he drops Darlow? No names were mentioned. Hope they're gone in January, whoever they are.

Edited by gazza ladra

The whole pub (The Junction) was silent in his post match press conference. 

If that’s a barometer of feeling amongst the support, he’s certainly got the majority behind him. 

Keep on gannin Eddie

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

If that’s a barometer of feeling amongst the support, he’s certainly got the majority behind him. 

Keep on gannin Eddie

Likewise in the 'berry mate. Afterwards a few of us chanted too, you can guess what... 

Cause 20mins solid of it isn't enough... 

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Made sure to clap each stand at full time too.

Thought the atmosphere for 20 mins of the second half when we were getting on top and then after our goal was tremendous 

The way it should be. Backs to the wall, come out swinging. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

We absolutely did not. Before they scored, we were closer to 2-0 than they were 1-1. 

We had one solitary shot on target in 90 minutes, and that was the penalty. They had 69% of the possession and 6 shots on target. I don't expect us to outplay them with 10 men, but explain to me how we were closer to a second than them to a first? Which chances do you think we created that were especially noteworthy?

We offered nothing after we scored. I said as much with over 25 minutes remaining; that it was unsustainable to play like that. Given what then happened, I stand 100% by what I said before and after.

It's like cricket: Even if you're playing for a draw because a win isn't feasible with the time remaining, if you just repeatedly block, block, block, then the fielders get closer and closer and eventually you knick one and you're caught out because they've crowded round you, knowing you're no threat to them. You've got to drive them back with the occasional attacking shot, put them on the back foot. Same here. We don't have to outplay them, but we have to drive them back up the pitch a bit by offering some kind of threat, which we absolutely did not do. That allowed them to camp in our half, committing most of their players forward, and them equalising became far more likely.

Don't misunderstand me, nobody is a bigger fan of Howe's than me. I've lived in Bournemouth for the last decade and a half, I've seen up close what he can do. But I can think that and still say things could have been better today.

Thinking out loud here....

Ive been thinking its weird that Shelvey and Joelinton, the 2 players we all thought were beyond redemption, have responded to Howe this first few weeks or so. Even Fraser has looked better.

Our defense is still a bit shaky and I don't think Howe knows his best back 4 or 5 yet (but hes a step closer after tonights game) so Im wondering if Howe has prioritised attacking over defending in his training sessions so far.

We seem to have improved offensively but havnt made the same leap defensively. :dontknow:

I'm with Eddie 100%.

This Club is rotten and he's giving it 200% with fuck all at his disposal, not to mention a few brain dead jokers in the squad.

Fede should have started. Clark is totally to blame tonight, so hopefully, fingers crossed, he now knows his best back 4.

We need to start with that back four and the same team, but questions over Wilock remain, in my eyes. Maybe Hayden or Miggy?

We're at crunch time, but there are other teams we can beat with some confidence. I don't think Leicester or Everton are unbeatable right now either.

We just need that first fucking win!

HWTL.

I'm with him 100% even if we do go down. This is far from his mess. How many managers could make this squad look half decent and how many of those managers would have taken the job? Eddie took a chance with us and he deserves time to build his own team even if we're in the second tier for a season. 

Wild and sad, albeit not surprising, listening to the TF podcast and they’re getting well stuck into Howe on a level it took them ample time to do with Pardew and Bruce.

I’d be absolutely amazed if he wasn’t part hired (and I hope they stick with him) on the basis he can blast the Championship. It’ll be us, Norwich, +1 + probably WBA.  

Howe has to take responsibility for chucking some vital points down the pan, though.  If he was listening to that knacker Jones then more fool him (and the fact Jones was kept on at the request of the new management team - I won’t say owners, because we know who they are, and they aren’t involved day-to-day - is another one of those worrying aspects of putting PR people in management roles). 

Dubravka, Fernandez, Lewis etc aren’t great footballers - but at least they’re mediocre ones.  Darlow, Clark, Ritchie etc are utter shite (though in Ritchie’s case, this is age not ability).

The ‘three games’ patter doesn’t excuse dogshit selections.  Considering how super duper prepared I constantly hear he is, it’s even more troubling that he made the selections he did.  It’s not quite red flag stuff, but it is probably a yellow one. 

I don’t think we’re down yet, there’s plenty of time to put a run together and get out of it.  But it’s getting tougher by the week. 

7 hours ago, Conjo said:

Agreed. The positive thing is that he seems to be learning by benching Darlow and Clark (against Arsenal). Who knows what he'd done ahead of Norwich if it weren't for Ritchie and Lascelles suspensions? My gut feeling (based on nothing tbh :lol: ) is that Lascelles would have played today, but not Ritchie.

The biggest indication of his judgement of players will come next game. I'd be extremely dissapointed if Lascelles and Ritchie are back in the team against Burnley at the expense of Fernandez and Lewis.

This is where Howe at least has a chance compared to Benitez. Benitez had to work out the duffers with just 10 games left. Another 2 games and he’d have kept us up without a doubt. It’s not ideal that he’s learning while we’ve dropped 4 points at home which we really shouldn’t have, but he’s at least got time and a transfer window to learn who he can and can’t trust.

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Wild and sad, albeit not surprising, listening to the TF podcast and they’re getting well stuck into Howe on a level it took them ample time to do with Pardew and Bruce.

I’d be absolutely amazed if he wasn’t part hired (and I hope they stick with him) on the basis he can blast the Championship. It’ll be us, Norwich, +1 + probably WBA.  

Really? Bit surprised by that. As all I heard the last couple is how we need to be behind the team and manager regardless. As we’ve been crap for long enough and need to show some patience. 

About as fickle as a good few of the posters on here then :lol: 

8 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Keep on gannin Eddie

This is class. 

7 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Thinking out loud here....

Ive been thinking its weird that Shelvey and Joelinton, the 2 players we all thought were beyond redemption, have responded to Howe this first few weeks or so. Even Fraser has looked better.

Our defense is still a bit shaky and I don't think Howe knows his best back 4 or 5 yet (but hes a step closer after tonights game) so Im wondering if Howe has prioritised attacking over defending in his training sessions so far.

We seem to have improved offensively but havnt made the same leap defensively. :dontknow:

It's not that surprising when you consider we haven't reinforced the defence in any meaningful way since 2018. The defenders we once thought of as solid, dependable footballers under Rafa are three years older and have spent the majority of that time listening to the Steves/on holiday. 

I'm going to remain positive. We're often competitive in games, other teams, amazingly, have actually lost more than we have this season. If we can turn the tide on a couple of those draws before Christmas then we could just stay within enough reach for a big January to blow the doors off.

Tbh, this is probably hugely naive, but I'm relaxed about relegation. I still feel like I'm basking in the club feeling resurgent - things like actually liking a manager & owners, having hope for the future, our atmosphere actually returning. This is all under the assumption that the owners don't jump ship if we go down, of course...