Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Confidence in front of goal has been the biggest factor today like, with a decent striker on the pitch we would've put the game to bed comfortably.  He literally has no viable options up top so it's difficult to be too critical until that problem is solved. 

Totally agree. He's definitely accountable to some extent but we lost the game because we didn't have a striker available. If we did, the customary 'chuck one in' by a goalkeeper/defender (which he isn't accountable for) doesn't matter. 

Guest neesy111
5 minutes ago, 54 said:

Thats game was our season in a microcosm, players unable to finish, unable to take a touch, unable to put the ball in the net, and a gifted chance at the other end from our shitty defense. This players are unbelievably hopeless, the lack of quality is actually astounding. Can't even blame Howe for it, as tactically we where fine and dominated the game, players where in the spaces need to be to score a good 4/5 chances, but we where too shite to do anything with it. 

Nah, the team organization and subs were awful after we went 1-0 down.  That's on him.

I'm not sure how you can really blame the manager for such a wretched display of finishing. With even a slight bit of decisiveness or attacking quality it would have been a comfortable win.

The players just aren't good enough.

Desperately needs a striker in this team. Someone finishes any of our 100 chances in the first half and we win that comfortably imo. I'm as annoyed as the rest of you but this doesn't erase the blatant improvement in the league we've seen since he came in. He'll get it right and turn around the heap of shit he's inherited.

Maybe Howe is seeing some nice possession based stuff being played out on the training ground which is informing his decision to play it in matches, but it's been clear for a while now that we do not have the players to be playing this type of football. He needs to realise this right now or at least recruit accordingly.

We have the players to counter, so counter. 

Edited by Thumbheed

9 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Im not at all impressed by Howe, if you compare it to Gerrard at Villa, it seems very likely that we made wrong decision.

That's harsh, villa have a better team than us by a mile. And they lost to Brentford last week. Danny ings, Watkins, buendia, mings, Martinez etc no1 in our team would keep their place if we merged teams apart from our new signing Trippier. Our problem is the players we have aren't good enough 

Edited by Gazzaschicken

1 minute ago, LV said:

All this shit for Howe?? 

This club has been the epitome

of mediocrity for 14 years or so and you blame him who’s only been here for a couple of months?

This. However, they should be doing alot better than that, irrespective.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Constructive criticism is fine, but some of you dumbasses have been much more than asking questions from the very beginning. You've been whining ad infinitum, and are probably having a good wank over his failures. Best fans in the world.

How's that high horse of yours?

Nice work Dickheddie. Two weeks on the training field for that. Try the Bruce approach and give them a week off before Watford you utter fucking fraud.

Honestly lads, I said it when we appointed him. He's shite.

I mean, we created chances and got into good positions, but just lacked the end product. On another day, with an actual striker on the pitch we would have won comfortably.

Howe cannot coach dogshit like Longstaff and Willock into good players.

Edited by Klaus

I think some people are knee-jerking all over the place here.

The squad is shit and have a brittle mentality that’s come from years of makeshift squad building literally to keep us in a top league on a shoestring in order to advertise that cunt’s tat emporium. 

The only thing that’s on Howe today is taking off Murphy and playing Longstaff for longer than 45 mins. 

Just now, Pilko said:

Nice work Dickheddie. Two weeks on the training field for that. Try the Bruce approach and give them a week off before Watford you utter fucking fraud.

Honestly lads, I said it when we appointed him. He's shite.

This is way too harsh. However it is absolutely clear the squad is dire and it will take a huge amount to turn us around. I am concerned about Howe but perfectly willing to give him more of a chance but I am disappointed we are still look aimless in attack.

Give Howe a chance with a new defence and other signings. It’s true we’ve not had much of an uplift since he came in but that squad is a disgrace. 

owners need to spend now and quickly