Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Collage said:

And what we really needed this season, in our situation, was of course a results-orientated manager, a Rafa-type, an Emery, who also became our top target. Howe may show to be a great long-term choice and I like him, but he’s not an ideal manager in our current situation.

Give me strength!  

1 minute ago, Collage said:

And what we really needed this season, in our situation, was of course a results-orientated manager, a Rafa-type, an Emery, who also became our top target. Howe may show to be a great long-term choice and I like him, but he’s not an ideal manager in our current situation.

TBF Rafa didn't keep us up, give Howe time and his own players we'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

TBF Rafa didn't keep us up, give Howe time and his own players we'll be fine.

Yes, I agree. The problem is we don’t have much time this season. I’m not up for the Championship.

Just now, Collage said:

Yes, I agree. The problem is we don’t have much time this season. I’m not up for the Championship.

This is a long term project, we need to take a step back from criticism just now, a rebuild from the championship will be fine, 2030 is the target date for the Saudis.

10 minutes ago, Collage said:

Emery bottled it, that would definitely have been reflected in his players. He couldn't even make his mind up if he wanted to be here or not. 

Hope to god we get atleast 1 top ST in before the weekend, we need a focal point and hopefully we get Ramsey or someone similar to keep the ball and create chances. It's clear we are missing quality in many areas and more business needed ASAP.

His subs were awful!  I dont rate murphy highly but he was by far our biggest threat and bringing on manquillo made no sense.

He is partly to blame but the players were a disgrace.

It should not be over looked that since he came in we look a far better side and much more enjoyable to watch, he needs time and his own players in

Just now, TRon said:

Emery bottled it, that would definitely have been reflected in his players. He couldn't even make his mind up if he wanted to be here or not. 

My post wasn’t specifically about Emery. I’m not bothered about not getting him. Was just talking about different types of managers. For the record, I want Howe to stay, no question. But I fear relegation.

23 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

so do you think he should be given time now, or a new manager brought in?

You probably can't get rid already but I worry at the idea of spending £100m+ on players he wants. I'm not sure, I don't have the answers, but I'm fairly sure the answer isn't Howe.

On the one hand I'm pissed off that he didn't give some younger players a chance, on the other, I'm absolutely raging that our best players couldn't match Cambridge. I mean, how much coaching do you need to beat a team in the bottom of the 3rd division?

Just now, ManDoon said:

Pilko is totally entitled to his opinion we shouldn’t be jumping down people’s throats for it imo. 

Appreciate it. I know others won't agree but in my own defence I've been consistent in my views since Howe got the gig.

It worries me too that Howe didn't berate the players and instead chose to go with positives being taken, can only assume the morale at the club is wafer thin and he's not wanting to rock the boat too much with the impending new signings coming in and relegation battle ahead.

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

You probably can't get rid already but I worry at the idea of spending £100m+ on players he wants. I'm not sure, I don't have the answers, but I'm fairly sure the answer isn't Howe.

I agree to an extent but Botman, Carlos, Gini I think they are players that aren't Howe signings per se.  I think Eddie deserves some time.  Its a horribly unbalanced squad.

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

It worries me too that Howe didn't berate the players and instead chose to go with positives being taken, can only assume the morale at the club is wafer thin and he's not wanting to rock the boat too much with the impending new signings coming in and relegation battle ahead.

He'll be doing that in private, he'll always defend his players in front of the press.

22 minutes ago, Pilko said:

6l-OY4a7-Rd-Dx-A.gif

Absolute garbage from him and the team today, i know our players are shit but he really embarrassed both himself and the club with that performance and his next steps are really important to determine what sort of person he is and how he can dig himself and the team out of this.

a few of our more senior players should not even considered going forward, maybe its time to give the likes of Anderson more chances at least they might have some hunger in them.

Don't think there was anything wrong with the starting line up and not really that many other options, very similar to the team against man u, don't think Saint can play uptop and maybe the subs weren't great but the players have to take responsibility. I still think a few more quality additions will make the world of difference. Too many bang average players in this team.