Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Rafa might get the chop soon. Get him in.

There's a really good chance he'll be in the dugout come August in the Championship imo. Not sure the Saudis will have much patience with Howe if he takes us down after having from November to change things.

I've seen signs of what he wants us to do and he clearly puts a lot of effort in and gets everything about the club, we have also legitimately had awful luck under him, but its does feel like its right manager wrong time.

Wet blanket managing a team with no arsehole, is it any wonder we shit the bed so often?

1 shot on target against a team who have lost 6 on the bounce, and even that came from Watford's fullback tripping over his own feet. 

He's shit. I've been telling you all for weeks. He's made absolutely no impact on this club, the job is way too big for him.

Didn't think he was the right man for many, many reasons when we messed up getting Emery and settled for him. Was happy to give him support and hope he would prove me wrong, but it's actually been worse than even I thought it would. 

We look like 11 strangers still, playing with no discernible midfield, no real signs of any attacking patterns of play, and his answer is Chris Wood as he's "what the team needs now".

At any other club there would be serious discussions about his future, no matter how long he's been in charge. I'm just venting my anger today, but my gut has always told me he was the wrong fit for a club of our size and potential, in our position.

Miraculously though, somehow we are not dead and buried already. Time to get the Saudi millions out, and time to be careful who chooses where those millions get spent.

2 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

So who replaces him then? 

Rafa if/when he gets sacked tomorrow?

If Rafa gets the sack I'd immediately sack Howe and bring him in. He's had a nightmare at Everton, but in truth it was never going to work out there for him. It was a match made in hell. He just seemed to be a nice fit here. Improved us massively whilst turning in a profit in the transfer market. Bring him in and give him some proper backing.

There's nobody out there, available or who would take the job, who would be a better option than him.

I said he would be a disaster when he came, unfortunately he is fully living up to my expectations. That second half (first wasn’t much better) was a team absolutely clueless in possession and how to manage a game. Their goal was coming from the moment we scored, I was just surprised it took so long 

There was a moment around 60 minutes when the side completely lost their shape and were making mistakes everywhere, it went on for the rest of the game. Just before Murphy came on I was wondering where the direction was from the bench to try and stop the rot but there was nothing. 

Didn't think he was the right man for many, many reasons when we messed up getting Emery and settled for him. Was happy to give him support and hope he would prove me wrong, but it's actually been worse than even I thought it would. 

We look like 11 strangers still, playing with no discernible midfield, no real signs of any attacking patterns of play, and his answer is Chris Wood as he's "what the team needs now".

At any other club there would be serious discussions about his future, no matter how long he's been in charge. I'm just venting my anger today, but my gut has always told me he was the wrong fit for a club of our size and potential, in our position.

Miraculously though, somehow we are not dead and buried already. Time to get the Saudi millions out, and time to be careful who chooses where those millions get spent.