Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest reefatoon

Starting to worry that the task in hand is a little too much for him. Can’t beat the dross around you at home will set you up for a hiding. We know the players are all shit, but we still look so disjointed. Time to be a little concerned if we made the right appointment.

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, Decky said:

There was a moment around 60 minutes when the side completely lost their shape and were making mistakes everywhere, it went on for the rest of the game. Just before Murphy came on I was wondering where the direction was from the bench to try and stop the rot but there was nothing. 

Like I said earlier, Ranieri showed different class with changes during the game. Howe is absolutely clueless, just completely incompetent.

I've had a bit to drink but don't you think you should give everyone a chance. Ok we should have won but when you're down. You can't Blame people. There are only one person to blame. Now win the next one you never know. Fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I can honestly see them sacking him if Benitez becomes available next week. 

Rafa wants a long term project near his home. If he's sacked I could definitely imagine him accepting the job with an eye on the Championship rebuild next season.

Interesting to see what happens

2 minutes ago, Yelevats said:

He'll not recover from the past 7 days. Crowd have turned and there won't be anyway back for him. The wrong appointment completely.

The crowd haven’t turned on him you absolute chopper 

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, heero said:

I've had a bit to drink but don't you think you should give everyone a chance. Ok we should have won but when you're down. You can't Blame people. There are only one person to blame. Now win the next one you never know. Fingers crossed

In fairness, we seem to be saying this every week now.

Newcastle 3 - Brentford 3 

Arsenal 2  - Newcastle 0

Newcastle 1 - Norwich 1

Newcastle 1 - Burnley 0

Leicester 4 - Newcastle 0

Liverpool 3 - Newcastle 0

Newcastle 0 - Manchester City 4 

Newcastle 1 - Manchester United 1

Newcastle 0 - Cambridge 1 

Newcastle 1 - Watford 1 

It's enough time to fix glaring errors. 

Edited by Shays Given Tim Flowers
Poor memory.

We don't score enough and we aren't hard to beat, this guy has unfortunately not changed that.

His decision to start Clark against Norwich was bad, very very bad. His decision to persist with Lascelles, again, not great.

I just don't see how he can turn this around now, staying up is possible but he has shown very very little positive signs.

The thing that is more concerning is that they seem to have give him the oversight for our transfer business too if the rumours regarding Hammond are true. He is responsible for Chris Wood and he looked like the carthorse deep down we all knew he is today. Its an absolute mess. 

I said Emery would have sorted us out and made us hard to beat. But I was fed up of negative football and was excited to see Howe come in.

He has not really done much so far. Players are a fucking disgrace. But it feels like what he wants to do just isn’t translating with these players and the lack of pre-season and time with them shows. We still look like we have more of an idea than under Bruce. But he seemed to fluke wins somehow. 

Maybe the right manager, wrong time? Still can’t buy a win and we keep throwing points away in our ‘must win’ games. Can’t see how we stay up, really. Not unless we do get 3-4 more players in. 

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Newcastle  - Brentford 3 

Arsenal 2  - Newcastle 0

Newcastle 1 - Norwich 1

Newcastle 1 - Burnley 0

Leicester 4 - Newcastle 0

Liverpool 3 - Newcastle 0

Newcastle 0 - Manchester City 4 

Newcastle 1 - Manchester United 1

Newcastle 1 - Cambridge 1 

Newcastle 1 - Watford 1 

It's enough time to fix glaring errors. 

Not sure that Cambridge result is right mind 

The case against keeping Howe:

- Results somehow as bad/worse than Bruce 

- Already relegated with a whimper once

- Looks frit

- Keeps picking Lascelles, Fraser and Shelvey

- Can’t change a game, even one he’s winning

- He’s encouraging shit deals for players who aren’t good enough

- No evidence whatsoever that he has what it takes to get us promoted

The lad is a YouTube merchant, fuck him off before it’s too late. Fucking hell it’s just history repeating itself here with us and relegation.

Trying not to be too knee jerk, but he certainly didn't cover himself in glory today. It was clear shortly after we scored that he needed to freshen it up but he waited too long and allowed them to gain momentum. 

Defended him last week on the basis that he didn't have a striker on the pitch, he's got the one he wanted now, so it's time to start delivering results. 

The game management in the last twenty minutes was Bruce-esque, unfortunately. 

When we scored it just stunk of life under previous managers. It was almost like we were content to protect our lead and see the game out. Watford created chance after chance and around the 80 minute mark I told one of my mates that these are definitely going to score. Our shit defence can't sit back and let a side create chances because one of them will go in. We were playing Watford and for a while after we scored they looked rattled, we should have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and scored a second. I've defended Howe and his team in recent weeks but today they've had a shocker.