Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

A centre back and midfield signing away from me blaming him. Until then the problem is clear.

I feel like if we bought two centre backs we'd end up with a back 5 so he could squeeze Lascelles in. 

If you've got a team that never goes a game without conceding, surely at 1-0 you need to fucking go for it?

We created absolutely fuck all second half. Fuck all.

Even ASM's goal was out of nothing.

He needs to sign a centre midfielder this week. A proper one that has some athleticism and presence. Preferably two.

Not really sure what he's trying to do tbh. I said it yesterday as well, but how do you play a pressing game with Shelvey in your side? I desperately want him to succeed, but he's shown very few game management skills so far. Watford looked better organised than us tbh. 

2 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Worst thing is it sounded like the recruitment team were patting themselves on the back for Wood and have slowed down since then. But if Wood is the idea of what we need, then we're done anyway. 

Nickson should have been replaced as soon as we were taken over, his record is largely terrible.

Being completely honest, he was never the right man for the job, a lot of people knew that.

Steve Bruce was one of the worst managers for us in my opinion, and I may be putting my neck on the chopping block here, but would results under Bruce have been any worse than what we have achieved with Howe? Given where we are in the table, results are what count, appreciate our performances have possibly improved a tad since Howe's arrival, but it's obvious he isn't the man to get us out of the crap predicament we find ourselves in.

18 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

1 win in 10 under Howe, including games against; Watford, Norwich, Brentford, Cambridge and a depleted Leicester.

Whatever way you dress it up, it’s not good enough.

He needs to change something, what he’s trying to do is clearly not effective.

God, when you put it like that it’s really quite desperately horrific

We were always going to be a mess until he got bodies in. The club didn’t do enough in the transfer market last week, we need defenders and a midfield or we’re down, simple as.

The only thing I’ll say about Howe today, the second Lascelles looked like he was running in glue and their wingers were stretching us, he should have made that change. They sensed a weakness and went after it, he changed nothing at the back to compensate.

It's worrying© that we haven't seen any improvement in attack like. I was expecting it to be rocky with the squad we had but atleast expected us to see some goals. Not like 9 games of hanging on after Brentford.

Seems to have limited control over some players too, imagine ASM trying to play like he did in the first half under Pep? He'd have been pasted all over in the dressing room.

I think the big issue is something I worried about before on here, which is Howe being right man at the wrong time. We''ve tried to take a side that's played defensive football for many years under their previous two managers in the Prem, and then at their lowest point during that time try to switch to front foot attacking football - it's just a such a glaring obvious sink or swim situation, and we are sinking without a doubt under Howe. We can blame individual errors, we can blame certain players, we can blame Ashley etc. - but Howe has come here believing he can get these lads beating people his way and it ain't working.

We look more frail at the back and utterly clueless in the final third. New CB, CM and goal scorer ASAP, and ideally a left back. No more fucking around, over spend if you have to, but we can't allow any more time for the same players to keep playing. Spend what it takes to replace the utter negative losers in this squad with quality, because Howe doesn't have the time, and maybe not the coaching talent, to actually turn this around without them.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I really want him to do well but I’m truly questioning him. 

Same. We need probably 6-8 more players but I don't think that's likely, January is a bastard of a window. I'm torn because he's an immensely likeable bloke and obviously has good ideas about how he wants us to play and they're laudable and light years ahead of Bruce. But the players just are not responding enough it seems. A losing mentality is ingrained in them.

Looks like he's aged about 10 years in the last month [emoji38]

I'm struggling to see what type of identity we are supposed to have. We look a bit more organised but the games still hinge on how much Maxi can do on his own.