Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

I mean, I'll look at it as Bruce/Ashley taking us down

The problems started before Howe and have continued with Howe, not his players, I'll happily give him time 

There's no way I'd be letting Howe off scott free tbh. He'd be 50% responsible in my eyes.

I honestly think it was very doable when he got the job. As to why he's not had the desired impact, he'll have to look in the mirror but his record with us, imho, is bordering on completely unnacceptable.

Even if we strengthen where we need to (which’ll get tougher as each game passes) it won’t be enough. He’s not worse than Bruce overall but his in-game management is. 

Bin him off and get Rafa in*, or start preparing for the Championship. 

*Pipe dream I know. 

Didn't see anything today that was any different to anything I've seen throughout his time in charge and so still not convinced he's the right man, in fact will go as far as saying he isn't right man for us. 

What worries me more now though is our entire transfer strategy seems to be that better defenders will get us better results when in reality we are in desperate need for players who can put pressure on the opposition with the ball at their feet. 

Today wasn't about defending badly, it was meaningless possession with no clear vision of how to create clear cut chances. 

Just now, nemtizz said:

Even if we strengthen where we need to (which’ll get tougher as each game passes) it won’t be enough. He’s not worse than Bruce overall but his in-game management is. 

Bin him off and get Rafa in*, or start preparing for the Championship. 

*Pipe dream I know. 

I'm 100% convinced Rafa would've kept us up from the same starting position btw.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I don’t understand how adding a slow player (Wood) to an already slow team really helps us. 

And at 25 million (still can’t fucking believe that). I was pissed off when we were linked to him (I thought it was another Edwards wind up) and the fact we actually signed him for that amount, still has me pissed off and shaking my head.

Just now, Minhosa said:

I'm 100% convinced Rafa would've kept us up from the same starting position btw.

I'm not so certain of that. Some of you people have very short memories. As I've had to mention a few times, a fair few on here were calling for him to be sacked in December-January 2018. 

10 minutes ago, Andy said:

For all that Howe hasn't started well, I'm not having that we'd be better off under Bruce like :lol: we're in this mess because of him, his luck had clearly run out this year. 

The state of the bullshit on here. Absolutely embarrassing. Better off under Bruce man

1 minute ago, Andy said:

It is concerning if he hasn't identified the midfield as our biggest weakness, like. 

I'm not sure if that's actually the case or not though, we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. For all we know there could be unreported work going on behind the scenes to strengthen up in there. 

I have an uneasy feeling that he rates Shelvey in particular a lot higher than any of us in here. I'm not convinced he'll be replaced any time soon. 

I'm no coach but I just don't see how that works if you want a team to be pressing high. It just seems impossible. Joelinton won the ball about 7 times from the opposition by pressing them today, so whatever else you say about his performance today, you can say he had a positive impact from a tactical POV.  I can barely recall Shelvey winning the ball once. 

1 minute ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I mean...Howe is absolutely open to criticism. But sacking Bruce is not in anyway a regrettable thing. Bruce should have been sacked way earlier. Please stop mentioning Bruce, people :lol: 

Bruce 100% needed to be removed, unfortunately he shouldn’t have been replaced by Howe.

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Not getting a decent recruitment team in asap, even if just a temporary one, always seemed daft like.

People bang on about deals being hard to do in January but I'm 100% sure that decent scouts would be able to find us a midfielder better than Longstaff or Shelvey like. I reckon I could do it with a few darts and a pack of panini stickers.

I’m absolutely dying to know who is main voice in terms of recruitment and what’s going on behind the scenes. It’s been clear for years we need new CMs but seems to be an area we’re not prioritising. Is Howe genuinely content with his options there? Find it hard to believe he isn’t pushing for more or has it been decided elsewhere that we have more pressing needs?

I’d also love to know how we’re identifying our targets, just seems like a completely scattergun approach. It’s all well and good picking out the likes of Botman and Carlos but we should have the resources now to be able to find players who have so far gone under the radar, making them more attainable for a variety of reasons. 

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

They are in a sticky situation now. If he wants to play front foot football, they are going to need to back him and bring in another 4-5 players at least. This lot are barely capable of stringing two passes together, you can't play attacking football with such poor footballers. 

Fuck knows how he did it with Bournemouth.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

It is concerning if he hasn't identified the midfield as our biggest weakness, like. 

I'm not sure if that's actually the case or not though, we'll find out in the next couple of weeks. For all we know there could be unreported work going on behind the scenes to strengthen up in there. 

I have an uneasy feeling that he rates Shelvey in particular a lot higher than any of us in here. I'm not convinced he'll be replaced any time soon. 

We can't control the centre of the pitch to setup attacks or relieve pressure on defence. As much as we point to letting in goals or not scoring enough, the glaring issue is that we've never had a CM pairing that can support defence and attack properly. It was less of a problem when sitting in our half being defensive, but trying to attack more means exposing that centre midfield area and we seriously lack physicality and quality there. 

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

I'm not so certain of that. Some of you people have very short memories. As I've had to mention a few times, a fair few on here were calling for him to be sacked in December-January 2018. 

Is that true? Wow. 

The squad is absolutely terrible, midfield has been awful for ages and both the defense and attack are terrible. This is teh result of basically poor recruitment that drove Rafa out. The players that used to perform at a higher level have regressed, Howe needs to get Longstaff playing well again but I dunno if he can. The defence can't handle whats being asked of them, and our attack is too slow to cause too many problems. Too reliant on 'moments of magic' happening still. 

Howe isn't fully to blame. Maybe it is too toxic. But players like Fraser, Shelvey and Longstaff belong nowhere near a premier league team. nowhere near. 

Nobody is above criticism and Howe deserves some, 1 win in 10 is absolutely not enough, especially since we've played the dross of the division during that time. And if Wood was his call, looks a bad one on today's evidence. But people shoveling ALL the blame Howe's way are very much under-estimating the damage Bruce did and the loser mentality that is clearly stamped on all too many of our players.

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

Fuck knows how he did it with Bournemouth.

He had years to develop and evolve it. These players have had years of playing in their half defensively and Howe is trying to teach them to completely play differently mid season and in a relegation battle. 

Edited by hakka

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Is that true? Wow. 

Sadly it is, dude. Go back to the Benitez thread. The 2017-18 mid period was some grim reading. And certain people should be called out for their bullshit which sounds eerily similar. Not saying I am not disappointed with Howe, but it's fucking absurd.