Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He will be shocked to the core at the press and social media he gets this week. As has already been mentioned, he looks like he as aged in just two months of being here. He has nowhere to hide now and he has simply got to toughen the fuck up, drop the wasters like Lascelles and Shelvey and start getting wins because this could get really ugly for him.

Everyone accepts that Howe's got a tough job rolling back years of rot and tactical ineptitude, but the fact that he doesn't seem able to adapt his style to the players that are available to him will see us going down.

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Is that true? Wow. 

Definitely true and the forum continues to have those sort of crazy opinions ready to go to a certain extent. Whenever it's brought up or mocked though, the people with less extreme opinions seem to think you're talking about them for some reason. :lol:

Only thing we can judge Howe is on results and so far he's failing miserably.  The club have backed him to the tune of £40 Mil and I saw zero improvement today.  We had one shot on target today against a team in the bottom half.  If we can't attack the likes of Watford what hope have we against the better teams.  

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Definitely true and the forum continues to have those sort of crazy opinions ready to go to a certain extent. Whenever it's brought up or mocked though, the people with less extreme opinions seem to think you're talking about them for some reason. :lol:

Seriously. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

People get football opinions wrong all the time I don’t see how that’s some sort of gotcha. I think it was Mick who was anti pardew even when we were winning and nobody agreed with him.

Rafa is a great manager but one who takes time to implement his style, hence why we went down imo. 

I’m hoping it’s the same with Howe and we improve as the season goes on.

Problem is I still can’t ascertain what his style actually is.

5 minutes ago, mofo said:

I'm still behind him but it was the evident around 70-75mins that Dummet needed to come off, he was blowing out his arse!

ASM was blowing more and left Dummett exposed for a good 10 minutes before he came off. At that stage of the game you can’t allow that to happen. Dummett played well today, he missed a tackle for the goal but I’m not sure that was all down to him and Pedro shouldn’t have been able to get that much control on his header.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

People get football opinions wrong all the time I don’t see how that’s some sort of gotcha. I think it was Mick who was anti pardew even when we were winning and nobody agreed with him.

Rafa is a great manager but one who takes time to implement his style, hence why we went down imo. 

One again, man, we are not having a go at different opinions. How many times do we have to mention this. KI just alluded to this. And you keep on defending some of them as if we are oppressing them. FWIW, I was never attacking you. I never even had you in mind. If anything, I just find it strange that it is almost the exact people doing this, with the exception of Pilko, who defended Rafa at the time.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Fucking hell man, are we really turning on Howe already? Get a grip. The blokes been given a fucking useless squad that’s shot to shit, had a hard December and only been given two signings so far. We have no control over teams because our midfield is invisible. We need an athletic midfielder, a centre back who’s actually PL quality and we’ll be fine. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Is he going to turn it around? Even with a hundred million spent in the window? I’m desperate for him to succeed because I really like him but I’m struggling here. 

An LB, CB and CM then maybe. Replace them today and we probably win. 

12 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Sadly it is, dude. Go back to the Benitez thread. The 2017-18 mid period was some grim reading. And certain people should be called out for their bullshit which sounds eerily similar. Not saying I am not disappointed with Howe, but it's fucking absurd.

Absolutely :thup:

Guest neesy111

The thing is it's a results business at the end of things.  Yes are playing better etc but the results aren't there at the moment.

Edited by neesy111

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

ASM was blowing more and left Dummett exposed for a good 10 minutes before he came off. At that stage of the game you can’t allow that to happen. Dummett played well today, he missed a tackle for the goal but I’m not sure that was all down to him and Pedro shouldn’t have been able to get that much control on his header.

He was, but the option off the bench was the shit and completely anonymous Almiron, who yet again was absolutely pointless and invisible. 

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Think there were about three of us who always disliked Pardew even when we were winning in that season where we finished 5th:myself, Mick and someone else I can’t remember. I really hope nothing bad happened to Mick, I never understood why he stopped posting unless it was something not to do with football as he was an absolute die hard poster 

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I’ve probably said some outrageously wrong shite on here tbh I’m just getting ahead of it. But yeah in seriousness, I can see what you’re saying. My issue with Howe is wrong guy for the job that needed doing at the time. 

Nah, I don't include you in with some of the real shit .

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Course you can, as long as you take the quality of it into account. 

I get that, but think even with that considered, you absolutely have to get a win out of Brentford, Norwich and Watford at home

Not to mention one of the worst results in our modern history getting beat off Cambridge 

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I just don’t buy into the idea we can’t judge Howe on the squad he is working with now.

That's fair enough can you tell me what he's doing that you disagree with or that is the cause of our results though ?

I think the problem we have is we've people running the club who don't know football. THE first signing should have been a DOF - they should have got one in to help run the club - got them to make the decision on the new Manager, the players.  I feel because it's been left to the likes of Amanda they're making mistakes, took too long to sack bruce, took too long getting a new manager then panicked and rushed to get Howe.  Took poor advice when looking for a striker and wasted £25Mil on an out of form striker.   I don't know how we get out of this mess.