Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

If you add a Kamara or Fofana next to Joelinton.

Bin Shelvey and allow Schar to do the Hollywood passing.

Bin Longstaff and play Maxi off Wood :/ then get two out and out wingers on the pitch.

I'd go Murphy Right and Ritchie Left.

Get crosses in, let Maxi feed off Wood and let Joe and a Midfielder with an engine boss the midfield.

We seem to have 3 players doing the job 2 because 2 of them are fucking shit.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah it’s fucking dreadful. I find it insane they have access to the whole of football and the best they could do was Chris Wood?. It’s not good at all 

I think a lot of the motivation for Wood was to weaken Burnley.

Do you honestly think Emery would have said yes to Chris Wood? Or Rafa?

Howe said yes, because obviously manager has to accept the signings. And for me that’s very concerning.

We can’t sign big names like Coutinho or Digne because Howe is not attracting manager. And right now we need class more than anything else.

21 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Because we all sat here and said "The squad is terrible but Bruce is the fucking pits, this team would be doing better under someone even halfway competent".

And Howe has come in, and made absolutely no impact whatsoever other than stumbling upon Joelinton being a canny CM (which he only discovered by starting Clark, another Howe mistake).

The narrative seems to have shifted from "squad shit, Bruce making it worse" to "squad so shit that nobody in the world could fix it" just so people can defend Eddie Howe. He's hoodwinked so many on this forum and it's plain as day he's not up to the job.

No impact whatsoever is a bit harsh imo, I understand the late equaliser hurts and emotions are running high

Bruce had 3 points from 8 games, across a full season that's 14.25 points

Howe has 7 points from 9 games, across a full season that's 29.55 points 

So there is an improvement, unfortunately it's not enough of an improvement 

Plus you add in this isn't his squad, I'm willing to reserve judgement on him 

25 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Each to their own but he doesn't to me. Indeed, I find him quite bland. He's well presented, probably had good media training as he talks well enough but that's not charisma in my book.

Not sure ”charisma” is an important quality for a manager, it’s more something we on the outside care about as we don’t see how a manager is on the training pitch, in the locker room and so on.

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Howe has 7 points from 9 games, across a full season that's 29.55 points 

So there is an improvement, unfortunately it's not enough of an improvement 

When you look at our opponents, you realize it’s not good at all. We are not going to have these easy games, because we blew almost every single of them with poor results. 

We’ve had opportunity to gain points from the weakest teams and we have not done it.

Brentford, Norwich and Watford home, no wins in these games.

Stats of 29.55 points looks pretty crap when you think about who we have played against.

Only two positive results and honestly winning Burnley home 1-0 is not exactly win of the season.

4 minutes ago, Elephant said:

When you look at our opponents, you realize it’s not good at all. We are not going to have these easy games, because we blew almost every single of them with poor results. 

We’ve had opportunity to gain points from the weakest teams and we have not done it.

Stats of 29.55 points looks pretty crap when you think about who we have played against.

Only two positive results and honestly winning Burnley home 1-0 is not exactly win of the season.

I'm not saying 29.55 is great, I'm just pointing out that in comparison to Bruce it's better 

Let's not forget we had a decent set of fixtures under Bruce too but he blew in, that's where the foundation of our problems started 

11 minutes ago, Elephant said:

We've also been absolutely fucking shite when we've played the better teams, so added to the inability to get results against direct rivals, we look nowhere near getting a surprise result that would get us points on the board.

5 minutes ago, Collage said:

Not sure ”charisma” is an important quality for a manager, it’s more something we on the outside care about as we don’t see how a manager is on the training pitch, in the locker room and so on.

Completely disagree, I think it's the most important quality in a manager. All the top managers have it, looking at our own history you only have to look at Keegan, particularly Keegan, and Bobby Robson. Further afield look at Klopp now or Clough in the past. All those managers have/had the ability to lift players and make them feel they could win any game through their natural personality/enthusiasm/charisma to inspire players.

There's a load of top managers who leave training to their assistants and the reason they are where they are is through their charisma and ability to motivate players (all connected to man management). 

Howe has spectacularly failed to lift the mentality/inspire the team. There's been no significant difference.

10 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm not saying 29.55 is great, I'm just pointing out that in comparison to Bruce it's better 

Let's not forget we had a decent set of fixtures under Bruce too but he blew in, that's where the foundation of our problems started 

We're drawing games that we would lose under Bruce, unfortunately that's not enough of an improvement. 

Just now, Andy said:

We're drawing games that we would lose under Bruce, unfortunately that's not enough of an improvement. 

I agree with that, the improvement has not been enough

I'm just not ready to start calling for Howe to go, far too soon for that and I think ultimately he was chosen because when we go down then he has experience of getting promoted from The Championship 

50 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Because we all sat here and said "The squad is terrible but Bruce is the fucking pits, this team would be doing better under someone even halfway competent".

And Howe has come in, and made absolutely no impact whatsoever other than stumbling upon Joelinton being a canny CM (which he only discovered by starting Clark, another Howe mistake).

The narrative seems to have shifted from "squad shit, Bruce making it worse" to "squad so shit that nobody in the world could fix it" just so people can defend Eddie Howe. He's hoodwinked so many on this forum and it's plain as day he's not up to the job.

He didn't stumble upon Joelinton like, he was pointing out his technical abilities like good footwork under pressure even before he put him in midfield. By all means you can have a go at him if you feel he's getting things wrong, but you have to give him credit for what he's got right. 

1 hour ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

One again, man, we are not having a go at different opinions. How many times do we have to mention this. KI just alluded to this. And you keep on defending some of them as if we are oppressing them. FWIW, I was never attacking you. I never even had you in mind. If anything, I just find it strange that it is almost the exact people doing this, with the exception of Pilko, who defended Rafa at the time.

You say this every week, why don't you just name the people you're digging out so they have the right to reply?

I so want Howe to succeed and with Dummet on the pitch we looked so much better....but

I dont really see a style of play yet.  Lascelles is done for me, he cant defend and he cant pass.  We so need a top defensive midfielder,  we concede so much terrority its untrue.

Howe, I hope comes good but I think we are down and I wonder if they will stick with him?

If Rafa is available, Howe should be binned, stat. I am obviously biased because I love Rafa, but he is better than Howe, despite having a shit time at Everton. Another clear benefit is that he knows exactly what it takes to win the championship, and would back him to take us straight back up again. 

1 minute ago, Minhosa said:

You say this every week, why don't you just name the people you're digging out so they have the right to reply?

I have named a couple when ManDoon asked me to.  Also, you are more than free to go back to around pages 70-150 the Rafa thread. I am not pulling this out of thin air, and all of you who were around know it.

And FFS there is an obvious reason why I've said it several times. Because it's fucking absurd.

48 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Good post. I personally don’t think Howe is the man for us currently, but I’m happy to give him time to implement his style and be better judged. 

I did notice the pretty dramatic shift in narrative too. I would say it’s a crap squad whoever managed us since promotion though and was always relegation battle material, despite the changing narratives. Under Rafa it was always his hands were tied, Championship squad etc. Then Bruce comes along and people expect so much better because he had £100m despite Rafa having better attacking options (granted Bruce’s handling of Joelinton was terrible). Really the fact we finished 12th was extraordinary last year and I dislike Bruce like everyone else. His time here and Rafa at Everton (and at times us) just shows how all this “having a plan” doesn’t always have the impact people expect. Often you just need a good run of form like we had last year and the momentum keeps the team going. 

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I have named a couple when ManDoon asked me to.  Also, you are more than free to go back to around pages 70-150 the Rafa thread. I am not pulling this out of thin air, and all of you who were around know it.

And FFS there is an obvious reason why I've said it several times. Because it's fucking absurd.

Just address it directly with the people you're referring to rather than tar everyone who dare to criticise Howe's start with the same brush.

That'll save everyone on the board looking over 80 pages of the Rafa thread to see who you're whinging about.

He's been dealt an absolute shit hand.

We have ageing players from the 2016/17 Championship season still being in the first team squad who have clearly regressed and devoid of confidence and we have continental clubs taking the piss out of us with transfer fees thus far this month.

Howe appears to have identified our defence being a weak point, which probably explains our eagerness to get two new CBs in - I'd like to believe that's something in Howe's favour.

Howe needs the right sort of players to play in his system for it to be effective but we have too many dickheads/incapatible players for it to work. 

Personally, still have faith in Howe but, admittedly, what needs to be said is he needs to work on the front 3 movement - need the likes of ASM and Fraser to get closer to the main striker. What happened with Wood today has been happening with Wilson for a while.

Guest Biggsbond14

The only thing I can say in howe’s defence is that he has a absolute shambles of a playing staff that are too old, not good enough and worryingly devoid of any confidence otherwise you would have seen more than one goal by us . The fact that wood was so isolated as Wilson is too is the formation as asm only plays for himself 95% of the time and frazer tried but poor delivery, centre midfield is pedestrian and shelvey just can’t do it anymore 

11 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Completely disagree, I think it's the most important quality in a manager. All the top managers have it, looking at our own history you only have to look at Keegan, particularly Keegan, and Bobby Robson. Further afield look at Klopp now or Clough in the past. All those managers have/had the ability to lift players and make them feel they could win any game through their natural personality/enthusiasm/charisma to inspire players.

There's a load of top managers who leave training to their assistants and the reason they are where they are is through their charisma and ability to motivate players (all connected to man management). 

Howe has spectacularly failed to lift the mentality/inspire the team. There's been no significant difference.

Good man management is another thing. Wouldn’t describe Pep, Ancelotti, Pochettino as charismatic