Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Dandy Man said:

Lascelles, Clark, Dummett, Ritchie, Hayden, Shelvey, Gayle

What makes it worse is nearly all of them have actually regressed since then as well..

And Darlow was one of the subs……….That’s 30% of our present squad have been around for 6 years……So much for building a team for the PL

It's similar with Brighton. We were promoted with them in 2017, only Solly March and Lewis Dunk still regularly feature for Brighton who were part of their promotion side. Villa were promoted 2 years after us. :lol:

Ashley's legacy. Howe is not the problem, but to me that tells me he needs some fucking help in the window. Get spending.

This been posted anywhere? Not really a like for like comparison and it is only one game. But I’m sure our average positions are all a good 10-15 yards higher up the pitch under Howe compared to Bruce across most games.  

Not translated into results or big improvements yet. But I found it interesting all the same. 

59 minutes ago, Dwivedi said:

Everton squad is one of the worst of all, they just blew their money on craps like iwobi, Keane. They have 3-4 good players and i heard they were out injured for most of the season , richarlison, celvert Lewin, mina etc. Add that with the toxic fans, it was always a very difficult job, impossible to say the least 

And ours is much better ? Never mind wasted money we haven't spent any in years. Trying to get a team of crap players to start playing attacking football instead of park the bus style for god knows how long even under Rafa. I loved Rafa when he was here but don't want to go back to that again. If he was a proven winner recently then maybe but a hell of a gamble to go backwards considering he seems to have gone backwards as a manager. I say give Howe a chance to rebuild this shower of shit and if we go down then so be it. Start from scratch. 

1 hour ago, Dwivedi said:

Everton squad is one of the worst of all, they just blew their money on craps like iwobi, Keane. They have 3-4 good players and i heard they were out injured for most of the season , richarlison, celvert Lewin, mina etc. Add that with the toxic fans, it was always a very difficult job, impossible to say the least 

Well they had at least one more good player and they sold him to Aston Villa in the last couple of days directly on the instruction of Rafa. His own former captain doesn't seem to rate his judgement that much it seems. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

This been posted anywhere? Not really a like for like comparison and it is only one game. But I’m sure our average positions are all a good 10-15 yards higher up the pitch under Howe compared to Bruce across most games.  

Not translated into results or big improvements yet. But I found it interesting all the same. 

I'd not seen it on here but Kev's stuff is normally spot on and he's done some smaller pieces since he changed Jobs. 

I think it's great to see this type of analysis but tbh I think you can see it on the pitch. It's not the same lacklustre performances, yes there's individual mistakes and game management issues but they're underpinned by general neglect of fitness from mr Bruce. We looker better on the ball and if we get the rub of the green once I think that'll be enough impetus (with some new faces) to keep us up... 

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Good thread that and matches the eye test.

22 minutes ago, Caleb70 said:

Dummett, lascelles, Darlow,  Clark, Shelvey, Gayle, Hayden 

I can spot at least two there who were awarded new contracts and maybe Bruce five bellies hinted they had much to thank him for.

Really interesting graphics from that Lawton fella. I don't think there's any question that we play with more structure and intensity, it's they only real visible difference. It just hasn't translated into results. It's the sort of thing that gives you some optimism because it indicates that we're working on building a solid foundation. Improve CB and CM and hopefully we'll start seeing the material impacts. 

51 minutes ago, Geordie2302 said:

I'd not seen it on here but Kev's stuff is normally spot on and he's done some smaller pieces since he changed Jobs. 

I think it's great to see this type of analysis but tbh I think you can see it on the pitch. It's not the same lacklustre performances, yes there's individual mistakes and game management issues but they're underpinned by general neglect of fitness from mr Bruce. We looker better on the ball and if we get the rub of the green once I think that'll be enough impetus (with some new faces) to keep us up... 

Of course you can see it. Plenty of fans (mongs) just say it’s no better than it was before. As results are still poor. 

Obviously it’s a results business and we need to start picking up wins one way or another. But at least there are some positive changes. 

Our set pieces have clearly been better the past two games and Joelinton (I know) should have scored in at least one of them.

The header Schar missed against Cambridge was also easier than the one Watford scored.

I really want him to succeed, you can see what he's trying to do and with the right players it could be really entertaining to watch. But early signs have been disappointing, that's not entirely his fault but he needs to shoulder some of the blame.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

I really want him to succeed, you can see what he's trying to do and with the right players it could be really entertaining to watch. But early signs have been disappointing, that's not entirely his fault but he needs to shoulder some of the blame.

What happened to him knowing everything about the players and all the plans he had for them as he knew their weakness and strength from the interview he had with AS? I mean you can say that the squad is shit and rightly so. But even Norwich has gotten 3 wins.

As a manager you must provide results and also be able to work with what you got, especially during the circumstances we are in, and for me it seems like he isn't able to do so but rather tries to force a style of play that none of our players can cope with. It's getting extremely frustrating to see, especially after all that talk he did, he seemingly can't walk the walk.

It's annoying, it would be great but he took a better team down, if we are going to give him the highs from Bournemouth, gotta take the lows as well. We are running out of time regarding saving us from going down, god knows how it can be done. But that's what a manager is payed to figure out and do.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

What happened to him knowing everything about the players and all the plans he had for them as he knew their weakness and strength from the interview he had with AS? I mean you can say that the squad is shit and rightly so. But even Norwich has gotten 3 wins.

As a manager you must provide results and also be able to work with what you got, especially during the circumstances we are in, and for me it seems like he isn't able to do so but rather tries to force a style of play that none of our players can cope with. It's getting extremely frustrating to see, especially after all that talk he did, he seemingly can't walk the walk.

It's annoying, it would be great but he took a better team down, if we are going to give him the highs from Bournemouth, gotta take the lows as well. We are running out of time regarding saving us from going down, god knows how it can be done. But that's what a manager is payed to figure out and do.

I said this a couple of weeks ago, he has a philosophy and the players are the extension of that, that's why their weaknesses are so glaringly obvious. He's too rigid in his ways to his detriment, Rafa (I know, I know) knew how to utilise the strengths of these players while covering their weaknesses, it wasn't pretty but it was functional, people want pretty you get this though.

6 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I said this a couple of weeks ago, he has a philosophy and the players are the extension of that, that's why their weaknesses are so glaringly obvious. He's too rigid in his ways to his detriment, Rafa (I know, I know) knew how to utilise the strengths of these players while covering their weaknesses, it wasn't pretty but it was functional, people want pretty you get this though.

Spot on, and it's not great to feel so uneasy about a manager 10 games in. But this might be the biggest survival we can get and that's where the extreme uneasy feeling comes in for me.

Especially when results against teams that even look more gash then us. We are leaking points, can't finish off and worst of all managed 1 shot on target. People blab about xG, that's fine and dandy but did the shots hit the target/go in yes/no? You can have 50 xG but the score is what decides where the points go. If we have to play ugly route 1 to make it work, well that's what we should do.

I feel he needs to just move away from what he wants to play and move to what we can play to get the results needed.