Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I like Howe and I think he's the right guy for the job long term but I think he's painting himself into a corner with these older players for big money, imagine if we spend over £100 million and still go down ? The likes of Luke Edwards will have a field day comparing him to Steve Fuckin Bruce who kept us up for two seasons with no money.

It's almost as though they expected certain players just to sign and they are now scrambling around looking for plan B, hopefully the next week will see a breakthrough, however things could turn with a big loss the Leeds at the weekend and it will be harder trying to convince players to come to a team with 12 points after 21 games.

5 minutes ago, GWN said:

just to add i dont think he should ever be back , as i keep saying,  been there done that. Need to move on . 

That said he'd do the job in bringing us up mind

So would Howe, and more easier on the eye. We have to stick with him even if we go down. 

Just now, HTT II said:

So would Howe, and more easier on the eye. We have to stick with him even if we go down. 

If we go down he should be dispatched imo. 

Would love Rafa back personally BUT with some conditions. We have to become forward thinking so he would have to work within a structure. 

If Howe has took us down after having three quarters of a season, I think he’s cooked.  It would mean continuing the same form as the first half of the season - I’d have serious doubts we’d suddenly start winning next season. 

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

If Howe has took us down after having three quarters of a season, I think he’s cooked.  It would mean continuing the same form as the first half of the season - I’d have serious doubts we’d suddenly start winning next season. 

Agreed - if we go, he goes imho.

It’s more due to rewarding failure which is something we did consistently. 

If this season plays out with safety resulting in a Low points haul then Howe has no excuse. 

But that’s for future, I think most of us are behind him, but let’s not mistake that with us owing him anything. 

8 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

If we go down then he deserves the sack. Quite frankly this team should not be finishing below Norwich, Burnley & Watford, even in it's current state.

Its a championship squad, not sure what people expect from Howe, if we go down he deserves the chance to bring us back up and he certainly shouldn't be getting sacked if it means Benitez comes back.

Edited by Geogaddi

I'd stick with him personally. Obviously it's a results business, but I can see what he's trying to do, I like it, and I can see it clicking and being successful with better players. I think if we go down there's every argument to be made that we're this season's team that looked doomed from the start, regardless of the manager.

It probably goes without saying that he absolutely must get the team winning once new signings are in, he doesn't have the time to roll out a project or anything.

12 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

If Howe was allowed to take us down, I think I'd be massively disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

If we go down then he deserves the sack. Quite frankly this team should not be finishing below Norwich, Burnley & Watford, even in it's current state.

I think you're kidding yourself there like, it's not only a Championship squad, but a Championship squad that's now 5 years older. Take ASM, Wilson, and Trippier out of the equation and those clubs have better squads, especially Watford.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I think you're kidding yourself there like, it's not only a Championship squad, but a Championship squad that's now 5 years older. Take ASM, Wilson, and Trippier out of the equation and those clubs have better squads, especially Watford.

Are you taking the three best players away from Norwich, Burnley and Watford too then?

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd stick with him personally. Obviously it's a results business, but I can see what he's trying to do, I like it, and I can see it clicking and being successful with better players. I think if we go down there's every argument to be made that we're this season's team that looked doomed from the start, regardless of the manager.

It probably goes without saying that he absolutely must get the team winning once new signings are in, he doesn't have the time to roll out a project or anything.

Agree with this, if we go down it probably very much depends how. Glorious defeat and he'll probably stay on (see Rafa). If we roll over without a fight, he's probably done.

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

We shouldn't, but then he did take over a team 11 games into a season who had no fitness and hadn't been coached whatsoever for about three years.

If we did go down think I'd prefer him to stay (depending on how badly rest of season goes obvs) but I think he will almost certainly be gone - first press conference he was very clear his remit was to keep team in PL and if he fails at that then doubt he will be afforded any patience - could even go before end of season if situation is looking perilous and owners fancy trying a new manager to bounce us out of it

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Its a squad that finished 13th last season under a cretin of a manager. If he could get a tune out of them then Howe should be able to too.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We shouldn't, but then he did take over a team 11 games into a season who had no fitness and hadn't been coached whatsoever for about three years.

True, but that excuse cannot be used now, 2 months into his tenure.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Are you taking the three best players away from Norwich, Burnley and Watford too then?

The reason I did that is to highlight how bad the majority of our squad is. Those 3 are quality and like-for-like the best players in their position out of those teams, but I think it obscures those teams being stronger as a whole. It gets talked about a lot, but those teams have midfielders and forwards who would walk into team or squad.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It can't, but he has been handicapped by more or less a third of a season. Its a massively mitigating factor.

Nah. The season is completely saveable right now with 18 games to go. We are not adrift and our direct rivals are garbage. No excuses.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Its a squad that finished 13th last season under a cretin of a manager. If he could get a tune out of them then Howe should be able to too.

That’s what the league position says, but we all know that the sole reason we survived last year was because of a never to be repeated patch of record goal scoring from Willock. Without that, we’d have been down and out long before with the squad we still have. And that wasn’t down to Bruce. It was simple good luck.