Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, 54 said:

Right now, Lascelles can't get dropped as we have to other CBs other then Clark, not sure what else Howe is meant to do other then play him :lol:

He refused to play federico fernandez(consistently our best defender) until he had to bring him on against Norwich (who instantly made the defence more solid) and then dropped him the very next game. Howe is nothing but a skinny Steve Bruce 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

That’s the thing though KI, so your argument is basically our players have regressed so much to the point the manager can’t add value? And everyone else has gotten that much better on top of it? 

It’s just a stretch for me that’s all. As some have pointed out I don’t feel our squad is much different to the other dregs and that come the end of the season Howe will have had enough time for us to make a decision about his future (get rid of relegated for me). 

It's not an argument really, I can definitely see why someone would think he could be getting more out of the squad, I just see it that he's getting what can be gotten from it and is hitting a glass ceiling because of the quality of the players. I think you can make the case that Norwich and Burnley are on par with our squads, (although I think there are more players from their teams that get in ours than vice verse) but Watford's squad is much better than ours overall imo. Hopefully the signings are the thing that smashes through that glass ceiling and we start getting some wins.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Same here, it's like the life reflecting art. People were meming "concerned' and "think we need a CM' and its come to haunt us. Typical Newcastle

I’ve long come to accept that every single meme and conspiracy theory, when related to NUFC, is 100% true or just on the verge of becoming true. I fully expect to discover a 5G tower near SJP built by Bill Gates that was used by the Wuhan Institute of Virology to create a virus that takes hold of every player and manager and owner to ensure we get royally fucked in all football related matters. 

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

He’d have to go if we went down like. Seems a decent bloke but he’ll have had enough time and backing in the market to turn it around. Don’t think he could have any arguments.

I don't know if you are part of this crowd, but I see a name or two I recognize that liked your post this applies to. This sentiment was very different on here a month or two ago where many people said relegation was more or less guaranteed, but that we'd have a small chance of staying up if we got in 6+ players, and that Howe regardless of results this season should keep the job in the championship.

So with 1 good signing in a position that wasn't necessarily a high priority, and one average signing albeit in a position that turned out was necessary, he is now expected to have enough to keep us up? :lol: 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

He refused to play federico fernandez(consistently our best defender) until he had to bring him on against Norwich (who instantly made the defence more solid) and then dropped him the very next game. Howe is nothing but a skinny Steve Bruce 

Decent point, completely ruined by that wank at the end.

5 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

I don't agree with that statement either. I think we'll stay up, personally, but it'll be tight.

I just find the 10 games thing a bit OTT to make big judgments, personally. It's not a long time in football and form/performances can be extremely variable for many reasons. Very good teams/managers go through rough spells (not saying we have either). 

10 games is more than enough time to make your mark and put your own thoughts into a team, he’s done fuck all 

Just now, Conjo said:

I don't know if you are part of this crowd, but I see a name or two I recognize that liked your post this applies to. This sentiment was very different on here a month or two ago where many people said relegation was more or less guaranteed, but that we'd have a small chance of staying up if we got in 6+ players, and that Howe regardless of results this season should keep the job in the championship.

So with 1 good signing in a position that wasn't necessarily a high priority, and one average signing albeit in a position that turned out was necessary, he is now expected to have enough to keep us up? :lol: 

I have never been more than a 6 on the old Relegationometer, and that's just recent, so doesn't apply here.

With that in mind, you're ignoring the remaining 10 days of the window and 18 games we've got left to play.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I have never been more than a 6 on the old Relegationometer, and that's just recent, so doesn't apply here.

With that in mind, you're ignoring the remaining 10 days of the window and 18 games we've got left to play.

Yes I am. It's pointless arguing that he's had enough backing in the market based on something that hasn't happened yet.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

So you'd have wanted Keegan booted out after his first 10 games into his second spell then? 

Keegan automatically gets time because of past successes, and you could see the change under keegan, with Howe the only difference between him and Bruce is the team is 15 yards higher up the pitch 

8 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

We don't actually know that though. Could be Fernandez himself has been crying off for a lot of games. It's all speculation at this point one way or the other. 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Other than Rafa who would we even get in here go he goes anyway ? We struggled to get anyone in before appointing him and if anything or situation is arguably worse now than it was then. 

I think Potter could be tempted. 

I honestly think we missed a trick not pursuing him. In hindsight of course. 

2 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

A poor performance against Leeds and a lack of transfer activity (I know that isn’t all down to him), is going to increase the pressure massively 

Hardly a lack of activity ffs

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

Keegan automatically gets time because of past successes, and you could see the change under keegan, with Howe the only difference between him and Bruce is the team is 15 yards higher up the pitch 

No you couldn't, it was absolutely horrific for the first 8 games, and there were plenty of knee jerk wankers saying we should never have brought him back, bring back Allardyce etc. 

27 minutes ago, TRon said:

He should have shown more flexibility IMO, and yes results do matter, but long term I think he would be more of an answer than someone like Rafa or Mourinho. Tbh, I'm getting fed up with this harking back to Rafa, he's shown nothing since he left here, he flopped in China, now he's made an even bigger mess at Everton. I really don't want to rag on the bloke, but it's disrespectful to Howe to be talking about him after 11 games. 

Benitez wouldn't be the long-term answer to getting this club back into the top 8 but I think he'd keep this squad up. It wouldn't be sentiment that would have me harking for him to return, but more like pure pragmatism. We absolutely need to stay up this season. I really don't understand the relaxed attitude towards relegation from some quarters. It will be a disaster and nobody can say with certainty what the consequences of it will be.

Edited by Wandy

2 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I think Potter could be tempted. 

I honestly think we missed a trick not pursuing him. In hindsight of course. 

Based of his comments regarding the Everton job, we had and have zero chance getting him without a proper structure in place 

40 minutes ago, Rich said:

He’d have to go if we went down like. Seems a decent bloke but he’ll have had enough time and backing in the market to turn it around. Don’t think he could have any arguments.

I don’t see it quite as black and white as this. Say we hit a bit of a run of form, we are playing well and it is really tight. Like we go down on the last day or something. Other teams around us have been picking up points as well, so the points total to stop up isn’t as low as we are all expecting. If there is actually a bit of positivity around the place and what the team is doing. Then I wouldn’t be adverse to keeping him. The same as Rafa, although I appreciate he had far less time to turn it around when we went down that year. 

If we carry on as we are and the play doesn’t improve, along with the results. Then yeah, off you fuck Mr Howe. Especially if we get 3-4 more players in this month. 

All hypotheticals at the minute. I like him and what he is trying to do and would love it to work out for him here. Short and long term. I am just worried it’s not going to work  out for various reasons. 

I’d say from watching us every week. I think we should be odds on to go down. Not odds against like we are with some firms. We look finished already. Unable to see out wins and the players just look mentally shot. Seems the pressure of fans being back in the ground and the relegation zone is just too much for the fragile fuckers to handle. 

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

No you couldn't, it was absolutely horrific for the first 8 games, and there were plenty of knee jerk wankers saying we should never have brought him back, bring back Allardyce etc. 

was it against Birmingham that we were absolutely dreadful in the first half and went into HT 0-1 down? I was convinced we were finally going down (lol just remembering the dread at the concept of our first relegation). But incredibly, Owen pulled it back for us in the second half and it was a changed team from then on. 

Aside from the new signings, every single player in the side minus Wilson and ASM needs to be cut loose.

Its like having black mould on your walls and only painting over a bit of it.. it still remains and will spread quickly.

33 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

See I don't necessarily beleive that to be true tbh. Sure the team is dog, but look at how Leeds performed against West Ham, with hugely depleted sqaud. That's all their manager, that's his play style. All the youth players coming on played the way he wanted them to.

This is his 4th season, he probably signed all those youth players.