Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

We're not going to beat Leeds. There has been zero to suggest we'd even be a match for them. Leeds will spank us, and that's just being realistic. 

Accept relegation and anything else will seem like a bonus. We couldn't beat anyone around us because we're losers and the new staff can't even rescue that. 

Leeds were shite last time we played them.

Edited by RodneyCisse

8 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

We're not going to beat Leeds. There has been zero to suggest we'd even be a match for them. Leeds will spank us, and that's just being realistic. 

Accept relegation and anything else will seem like a bonus. We couldn't beat anyone around us because we're losers and the new staff can't even rescue that. 

It absolutely didn't have to be this way. Between eddie and the owners were now accepting relegation as a given. When he came in we believed. Where has it gone? 

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Because there's a pattern continuing.

On owners: "Don't blame them, they've only been in 1 week 2 weeks 3 weeks 4 weeks 2 months 3 months 4 months ffs!".

On Howe: "Don't blame him, he's only had 1 game 2 games 3 games 5 games 7 games 10 games ffs!". 

Up to now, the above is a valid defence...but that's an undeniable pattern. They certainly don't look like fixing the slide.

1 win all season. 

I think that pattern could break very soon for Howe.   If I was Amanda/PIF I would be comparing what Dean has done at Norwich, with arguably worse resources, and I would be asking questions of Howe on why he hasnt performed and also I would be referring back to the fabled 'great presentation' and why he hasnt addressed the weaknesses, he said he would!

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Clear what? Clear genius? Hidden future managerial gem? Does that mean Villa fucked up by appointing Gerrard? 

Naa. Villa hired well and signed well. Norwich who had no chance are now doing what we should be doing. 

Guest reefatoon

January was supposed to be our saviour month where we start to turn it around after the nightmare fixtures in December. We have been utter lifting in the two games so far though. Needs to get a tune out of these useless fuckers and it needs to start tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Naa. Villa hired well and signed well. Norwich who had no chance are now doing what we should be doing. 

Like I said in the other matches thread, Souness started off his Newcastle career with 4 wins on the trot. I would hold on and see how the rest of the season pans out before jumping to conclusions. The Villa board sacked Smith and replaced him with Gerrard. They can't be right on both counts. 

37 minutes ago, TRon said:

Like I said in the other matches thread, Souness started off his Newcastle career with 4 wins on the trot. I would hold on and see how the rest of the season pans out before jumping to conclusions. The Villa board sacked Smith and replaced him with Gerrard. They can't be right on both counts. 

They quite easily can, to be fair. 

Not gonna lie the Norwich win tonight has pissed me right off after our pathetic performance last week. I’ve kind of given up and accepted relegation but if we keep losing and drawing against utter dross with shit performances for the rest of the season I’ll want him binned off for the Championship tbh.

Just now, Decky said:

Not gonna lie the Norwich win tonight has pissed me right off after our pathetic performance last week. I’ve kind of given up and accepted relegation but if we keep losing and drawing against utter dross with shit performances for the rest of the season I’ll want him binned off for the Championship tbh.

After a draw it was the best result for us. Now it's up to us to get players in. I'd have taken 6pts from safety on 1st Feb if we get the players in. Its 4pts at the minute, could be less tomorrow.

Howe has inherited an utter shitshow but it's his job to try and fix it. I think everyone hopes he can and he certainly talks a good game but it's got to translate into results at some point. He was appointed to fix the problems, he either does or he doesn't. He's under no illusions and neither are the fans, another few shit results and he'll be struggling to hang on imo, which would be a real shame as I think he's a nice bloke with many qualities. 

I don't want him out and I want him to turn it around but something's got to happen soon. 

It’s more about how a poor Norwich team wiped the floor with Watford away from home and we couldn’t beat them at SJP.

Im still in support of Howe but I’m started to get worried with recent performances.

Edited by Decky

1 hour ago, TRon said:

They absolutely can be - the two clubs have entirely different expectations.  Real Madrid sacked Rafa and we appointed him - we couldn’t have both been right?

15 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

They absolutely can be - the two clubs have entirely different expectations.  Real Madrid sacked Rafa and we appointed him - we couldn’t have both been right?

What the fuck have we got in common with Real Madrid at this point?

15 minutes ago, TRon said:

Nothing - the point was that the Villa board could absolutely be correct on sacking Smith and appointing Gerrard, as well as Norwich appointing Smith.  The ‘can’t both be right’ is poor logic.  Of course it can be.  

9 hours ago, TRon said:

I don't think your point is as logical as you think. Real were right to sack Rafa and we were right to hire him. Plenty of examples of this. 

7 hours ago, TRon said:

Ah right so MM has made the same point and this answer to it is deflecting from the point which is both clubs are doing better for their changes. Could be expectations, could be the fit for the club, but a manager can be sacked from one club and do well at another while the club he left also do better.