Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Turning speed yes but he was always fast enough to at least keep up with players.

He was either trying hard and just not able to run, or wasn’t trying and didn’t give a fuck if he caught up or not.

I’m not sure what is worse to be honest.

He's looked like a centre half from Soccer Aid this season, watching him chase Josh King last week was painful

16 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it’s worth, my best friend is Leeds through and through and says they’ve been shit apart from 2-3 good performances this year.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion.

Ohh it is, we will make them look like Barcelona today 

29 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

For what it’s worth, my best friend is Leeds through and through and says they’ve been shit apart from 2-3 good performances this year.

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion.

Seem to have picked up and gained some confidence recently sadly. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

The minute Yasir has had enough of Howe he will be gone. And it could literally happen after any match now at this point I imagine. 

😂😂 no chance. How many games has he had ffs. And how much of the squad is his? Get a grip man. PIF and Yasir will have far more patience and understanding than you, thankfully. 

I think they'd only make an early call to bin Howe if someone was lined up, because Howe going means the whole coaching staff goes, probably leaving us with Graeme Jones leading things again, and no one wants that. 

Just now, Manxst said:

😂😂 no chance. How many games has he had ffs. And how much of the squad is his? Get a grip man. PIF and Yasir will have far more patience and understanding than you, thankfully. 

So needlessly aggressive. 

Leeds work ethic and effective pressing, far superior fitness levels, and we have Jonjo Shelvey in the middle who’ll think it’s a good idea to pull shirts when he’s already on a yellow.

Thats why it’s 97.5% sure that we’ll lose today. Anything is possible but when you weigh up what we’re up against and what they are up against, it’s very hard to make a case for us.

My advice would be to lump on a home win, can get prices as good as 10/11. It will lessen the inevitable rage as 90 mins comes to a close. And then if we do magically do something you won’t mind losing it.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

So needlessly aggressive. 

Yeah, sorry. Just fucked off with it all. Theres just zero chance of Howe being binned at this point for yet another manager to come in with the squad we have until the next transfer window. 

Plus we took long enough to get to Howe. Just who would come in at this stage that they think would do a better job? It’s just a ridiculous notion for them to get rid at this stage of the season imo. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Leeds work ethic and effective pressing, far superior fitness levels, and we have Jonjo Shelvey in the middle who’ll think it’s a good idea to pull shirts when he’s already on a yellow.

Thats why it’s 97.5% sure that we’ll lose today. Anything is possible but when you weigh up what we’re up against and what they are up against, it’s very hard to make a case for us.

My advice would be to lump on a home win, can get prices as good as 10/11. It will lessen the inevitable rage as 90 mins comes to a close. And then if we do magically do something you won’t mind losing it.

97.5% I think your lowballing TBH 

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think they'd only make an early call to bin Howe if someone was lined up, because Howe going means the whole coaching staff goes, probably leaving us with Graeme Jones leading things again, and no one wants that. 

If they feel he isn't good enough they will bin him, hopefully with a plan. Mockery isn't something the Arab royals seem to enjoy and if he can't get the job done there will find someone who can.

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Leeds have won three of ten home games, conceding 16 along the way. I'd say they're fair favourites, but personally I'd not touch them at odds on.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Plus we took long enough to get to Howe. Just who would come in at this stage that they think would do a better job? It’s just a ridiculous notion for them to get rid at this stage of the season imo. 

Agreed, plus he's had nine games, including four of last seasons top five. 

4 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why are they so unfit though? That ball over the top last week when Lascelles seemed to be running in slow motion was the worst thing I’ve seen all season.

Years of training under Bruce.

Aerobic cardio-vascular fitness is built over months and years and increasing fitness comes at a high cost in fatigue, as opposed to maintaining fitness which can be achieved with much lower volumes of training.

In season training will be mostly about managing fatigue and maintaining anaerobic fitness / sharpness / explosiveness, which is much more transient than aerobic fitness. It's probably very difficult, if not impossible, to increase aerobic fitness during a season.

Edited by Jackie Broon

4 hours ago, nufcnick said:

The Dean Smith comment was tongue in cheek. 
 Howe has now had almost 3 months with them so let’s not try and blame the performances on fitness ehh, which BTW is more than a preseason, so if he hasn’t got them fit now there is something wrong with his methods. I maintain Howe is a very poor manager and my point will be proven by the end of the season. We won’t even breach 22 points with him this season 

3 months of midseason is nowt like 6 weeks of preseason. 

What @Jackie Broonsaid.

Edited by Happinesstan

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

Well thats Howe’s job to play with a tactic the squad’s fitness levels allow them to play. Trying to play high pressing football with unfit players is as naive as Norwich under Farke trying to tikitaka with shit players.

This is a valid argument, I've made it myself. But it does appear as though Howe, like Rafa before him, is playing the system in order to familiarise the players that will still play a part once we have our transfer targets secured.

3 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Turning speed yes but he was always fast enough to at least keep up with players.

He was either trying hard and just not able to run, or wasn’t trying and didn’t give a fuck if he caught up or not.

I’m not sure what is worse to be honest.

Looking at Bruce I'm guessing he's never heard of agility training.

Really starting to worry about him. I can’t see any semblance of a game plan, the midfield is non existent but we’re not trying other formations and every game it feels like the sub is too late. Joelinton was clearly struggling with groin and played on another 10-15 mins with it when he could have come off.