Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

It will click and we'll give someone a good hiding very soon.. shame he didn't come in pre season.

We've come close in recent weeks. Not literally, but getting the recipe right. An early success for ASM is all we need as a catalyst. I think that would relax him, and that would relax everybody else.

I really like and admire him and I want him to do so well here. He’s a guy you can get behind and he totally gets us fans. There are a massive amount of pfm losers who’ve had longer careers in football in the top flight who aren’t half as likable. 

Second half was no backs to the wall stuff, it was well executed, I thought looking back, it took the first 45 for the players to get the system/tactics, that and Leeds were pretty aggressive on and off the ball pressing wise and putting pressure on the full-backs.

He got a lot more right than wrong today. Generally think he has tried to address our tactical failings from one match to next and it's slowly moving in right direction.

Looked to be very clear about keeping compact in midfield and not getting pushed back too deep late on. Also liked that we looked to slow game down whenever possible which helped break up Leeds momentum.

I think he got the most out of the team today. Defensively we were as solid as could be hoped although this was helped by Leeds being awful in the final third. This felt like 3 points that we would never have got under Bruce 

51 minutes ago, TRon said:

"Eddie Howe's Black and White Army!" ringing loud in the away end when it was still 0-0 will have lifted him right up. Felt really proud of our support today. 

Aye good job this place isn't a true representation of our fan base.

Delighted for him, I would love to be completely wrong about him, because I love this club more than I want to be right about something. Hopefully he can build on this, he has made big mistakes in previous games and hopefully he’ll learn from those. It’s still only one result and long way to go.

He needs now support from our board with new players. We need to back him and get the necessary players in. Hopefully today convinced that we still have fight left and need players in for it.

I like the man a lot and you can just tell that, although things haven't been great and we've often thrown points away, he's absolutely working his bollocks off to put it right. You can only admire that. He's probably put more work in since he came than Bruce bothered with the entire time. I desperately want him to succeed. Ultimately it comes down to results and so let's hope that's the first of a good few wins.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

And 5 of those 10 were against Arsenal, Man U, City, liverpool and Leicester - throw in missing his first game with covid and Clark’s howler against Norwich, not doing too bad so far. 

some of the stick he has got is undeserved and I really think people should wait to judge him until he has his own squad 

9 minutes ago, NWMag said:

And 5 of those 10 were against Arsenal, Man U, City, liverpool and Leicester - throw in missing his first game with covid and Clark’s howler against Norwich, not doing too bad so far. 

some of the stick he has got is undeserved and I really think people should wait to judge him until he has his own squad 

Questioning some of his team selections (Clark v Norwich) and his subs (should Lewis have come on against Watford and go to a back 5?) was fine but it's those suggesting he hasn't been any better than Bruce that were being ridiculous

Prior to this result if you extrapolate his results across the season it gave 29.55 points across the season, after this result it jumps to 38 points. Bruce had us on 14.25 points, not even comparable 

He needs to try and string some wins together but the owners really need to have his back and get an absolute minimum of 3 players in 

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

For balance, the other 5 were all against teams in the bottom 7 and all but today at home.

But some very positive signs today.