Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, greydos said:

Very good. An enjoyable take on Eddie and his year out. I’d love to know what’s in his football philosophy document. 

The only disagreement I have is that last night win and the Leeds win were Rafalike. We didnt have things our own way but Leeds especially, after we scored we got after them, thats been a feature, when we've scored theres no "keep it tight for 10/see the game out" it's get after them while they are vulnerable.

34 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Just clocked this photo of Tindall. He's in Tiger Tiger 10 years ago checking out the fanny

gallery023.jpg

Targett looks the same in this photo :lol:

gallery049.jpg

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, gbandit said:

That picture man, we must have been the least professional outfit in the league 

Its not even the least professional outfit either, that’s the worst part. Would have had those knackers ahead of the Steve collective any day.

Football isn't a complicated game, but he's nailed the basics. He's got the players running through brick walls for each other and most importantly, he's got them happy and enjoying their football. I've said it before as have others, but to spend as long in the game as Bruce has and not once attempted to learn or teach something new, to never once look at improving or evolving as a coach... it should earn him endless amounts of stick and ridicule. A run of results like this for a man like Bruce would equate to another year in the job. To Howe, he'll be looking at ways of keeping it going, to magnify the negatives and address them. 

Who knows how far he will take us, I'm not too fixated on that. I'm enjoying watching my team again, I'm not dreading games, even Chelsea on Sunday under Ashley and Bruce would be a chore to watch. More out of blind commitment than any kind of hope or expectation. Now though, I believe we are looking at what we can do to win the game. 

Long may this continue. :slowclap:

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Targett looks the same in this photo :lol:

gallery049.jpg

Man, Bruno was soooooo pumped. Love that it happened in front of the away fans. I thoroughly enjoyed him walking away to our supporters chanting "BRUNO! BRUNO!" and he gives the double thumbs to his name like "that's me muthafuckas!". :lol: 

8 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Man, Bruno was soooooo pumped. Love that it happened in front of the away fans. I thoroughly enjoyed him walking away to our supporters chanting "BRUNO! BRUNO!" and he gives the double thumbs to his name like "that's me muthafuckas!". :lol: 

I interpreted that as respect to his dad about the taxi he used to drive 

Absolutely chuffed to bits for Howe, took him a little while to rid us off the stench of Bruce but the signs were there early doors.

The way he's galvanised the squad and improved a number of individuals is nothing short of remarkable. 

He's shut a lot of people up, including a number of our own fans who were absurdly talking about the possibility of him being sacked. 

I'm intrigued to see how far he can go, hopefully he is the man to get us challenging for trophies in a few years.  

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

There’s nothing quite as magic is when the entire fan base is completely connected with a manager. When they come around it’s fucking amazing.

City feels alive and bouncing for the first time in a long, long time. 

Absolutely this, you nailed it.

1 hour ago, Chicken Dancer said:

There’s nothing quite as magic is when the entire fan base is completely connected with a manager. When they come around it’s fucking amazing.

City feels alive and bouncing for the first time in a long, long time. 

For sure. But I think even more than that, the whole club and fans are aligned from owners to fans. It’s exciting times ahead for sure. 

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Willock falling over and and Wood’s reaction is very funny to me:

5D66F39B-88F9-46F0-9A16-408562841AA8.jpeg

:lol: I think even as and when we upgrade I want to keep Wood just for morale. He seems great. 

9 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

image.jpeg.37d7390e7c38a143578a48e61b065d20.jpegUnited :indi:

:aww: Absolutely man! I've never felt like this towards the club tbh. My whole adult life up until now had been Ashley era. I find myself welling up all the time tbh. :lol:

Usually over shite like this: 

Eddie talking about going away over the international break - citing the trip to Saudi as a good bonding experience. 

That reminded me that the highlight of that trip was Ciaran Clark chinning some lad on the pitch. :lol: 

18 hours ago, HTT II said:

Well deserved and I personally love the after photos when we win and any other post match stuff, makes me feel part of it and shows a United club, anyone who takes offence at that is a sad sack!

I think it’s bigger than that, I reckon it’s also giving the players a chance to fall in love with the sport and being a footballer again.

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think it’s bigger than that, I reckon it’s also giving the players a chance to fall in love with the sport and being a footballer again.

Kids are loving it too. My boy through my fault was never into NUFC, he loves it all now though. It’s like the KK days when fans were more involved through the club, manager and players actively involving the fans.