Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yep. He's had a couple of very minor wobbles under the scrutiny of more political questioning but in terms of football chat he's extremely composed, honest and doing an effective job of managing expectations. He never gets cornered by leading questioning and speaks with equal measures authority and enthusiasm; all of which just makes you feel very optimistic. At this point I've total faith that he's getting us into a good position to build on last season's promise and that we'll have a good campaign, even if it's a season spent between 9th-11th as opposed to a sustained European push, not that that's beyond us given the squad improvements. 

A lot hinges on augmenting the attack but I believe we'll do that even, if we end up with a summer equivalent of Burn as opposed to Botman. It's not like we need to look that far to improve on our problem positions, we'll just have to see how patient they're prepared to be with their first targets. 

I think those "wobbles" were on purpose

He was essentially saying "Don't ask me, I'm just a football manager, I don't know anything about anything else, sorry" but in a more professional way.

He has an opinion he's just keeping that quiet and away from the media as it's a hiding to nothing. He basically got away unscathed while offering no strong opinion for or against

Regardless of how the transfer window goes we are going to be heading into the new season in great shape. Tripper and Wilson both back fit and a proper pre season building on from the last campaign is really exciting. 

4 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Regardless of how the transfer window goes we are going to be heading into the new season in great shape. Tripper and Wilson both back fit and a proper pre season building on from the last campaign is really exciting. 

This time last year we were opening up with Woodman, Krafth, Fernandez, Clark, Ritchie as a back 5. Now it’s Pope, Trippier, Schar/Burn, Botman, Targett.

Absolute night and day ain’t it :lol: 

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Quite surprised so many are questioning whether it’ll be Schar or Burn partnering Botman. Surely there’s no argument for Schar to be left out for Burn?

It looked like Botman was totally fine on the right with burn but I think Schar and Botman spraying balls about sounds like a dream.

8 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Quite surprised so many are questioning whether it’ll be Schar or Burn partnering Botman. Surely there’s no argument for Schar to be left out for Burn?

I personally prefer Schar. Right footed, less error prone and has set pieces fret.

I would prefer Schar and Botman but Howe isn't going to sideline any player for ages because he likes to pass the ball occaisionally, players will get places on merit and will be plenty of opportunities for rotation. Players want to play every game, we shouldn't sign anyone who doesn't but all this talk of character being wanted also means them being an adult and realising the club needs 3 very good centre backs and they will get a chance. One thing Howe has been very good at is making the whole squad feel wanted and important even if not playing every match.

51 minutes ago, 54 said:

:aww:

5 players from my under 10s team where there and feature on the video they put up. My lads gutted that he goes to a different school.

It's chalk and cheese from the Bruce days.

4 hours ago, STM said:

5 players from my under 10s team where there and feature on the video they put up. My lads gutted that he goes to a different school.

It's chalk and cheese from the Bruce days.

It's fucking class, like. Love to see engagement like this from the club with the bairns.

4 hours ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Made up this fella is our manager . Had some reservations initially but he just seems a class act all around. 

I respect that. Personally I had zero reservations, I hate booking stuff in advance.