Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Thanks for that Lee.

"Multiple years". Good grief, this man really is absolutely shite at what he's supposed to do. How many years on the contract Lee? "Oh more than one, certainly..."

Well deserved for Howe though, hope his multiple years bring multiple successes.

23 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Brilliant news this, the owners clearly see the quality he has.

Best thing that happened to him was staying out of the game and revising his strategy, he's come back stronger, and its totally evident. 👏🏻

Agreed. I think he is a great match for us too, his passion for improving us and the high regard that he has for the club and city is hugely recognised by the fans. The backing that he, the players and his staff have is clearly hugely important to them too. Without sounding deluded about our support, the backing we gave them last season wouldn’t have happened anywhere else.

Mehrdad said they see him as our Alex Ferguson, whilst he will obviously not mirror his success, there’s no reason he can’t be here for a long time and have us in Europe regularly, winning a trophy. Could see him wanting to be here long term and not take the London FC job as mentioned earlier today. 

10 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Agreed. I think he is a great match for us too, his passion for improving us and the high regard that he has for the club and city is hugely recognised by the fans. The backing that he, the players and his staff have is clearly hugely important to them too. Without sounding deluded about our support, the backing we gave them last season wouldn’t have happened anywhere else.

Mehrdad said they see him as our Alex Ferguson, whilst he will obviously not mirror his success, there’s no reason he can’t be here for a long time and have us in Europe regularly, winning a trophy. Could see him wanting to be here long term and not take the London FC job as mentioned earlier today. 

This is my biggest hope, that he's stays for a long time. I think providing the manager is of good quality then giving them a long time to mould the squad gives us the highest chance of success, not many clubs out there with that continuity.

I'd also much rather see Howe work his way to a trophy and have the story of when he first arrived and all the successes than someone else come in make some minor tweaks then win a trophy.

Rafa and Eddie, both legends of their times at this club. Eddie is for now and the future. Rafa did wonders under the fuckwit child owner. 

Love them both. Glad it’s Eddie taking us onwards and upwards. It’s his time. It’s our time. 

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

This may be controversial, but:

Eddie > Rafa.

Rafa was perfect for what we were. Could arguably say him turning us into a mid-table club and bringing us together in spite of Ashley, is what attracted Staveley and PIF. No doubt he'd have done well here now but Howe is perfect for where we are now.

2 hours ago, ilikenewcastle said:

Rafa finishing top half in 2018 is probably a miracle that doesn't get enough praise. Will always love him, but couldn't be happier with Eddie right now.

Fucking hell 2018? I just want to erase the Bruce (and covid) years and have that being 2 years ago. 

12 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

Best signing we've made all summer, by a mile.

He's so far been the best manager we've had since Sir Bobby, obviously apart from Benitez there hasn't been much competition though.

He may just turn out to our best ever. I think we've struck gold with this guy.

We may just have got him at the right time. Failure can act as a springboard with the right mentality. I saw a documentary recently, where Gordon Strachan was talking about meeting Ferguson when he became the Aberdeen manager, and realised that he was facing a 'wounded animal'. Beneath that charming exterior, I wonder if that's what's lurking in Eddie. 

12 hours ago, nemtizz said:

Always so refreshing hearing him speak. Crazy to think that we're fortunate Emery 'turned us down' as he honestly is the perfect fit to take us fowrard.

we're a perfect match for each other, primed to grow together. Everything points to Howe being a huge success and we will inevitably benefit from that.

People say that we won't replicate the form of last season, which is fair, but it also suggests he was unlikely to repeat that form if he had signed for any other club.

It's fucking Kismet motherfuckers.

6 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

we're a perfect match for each other, primed to grow together. Everything points to Howe being a huge success and we will inevitably benefit from that.

People say that we won't replicate the form of last season, which is fair, but it also suggests he was unlikely to repeat that form if he had signed for any other club.

It's fucking Kismet motherfuckers.

i know they were friendlies but the manner in which we showed for ourselves versus Benfica, Atalanta, and Bilbao was huge for me. 

4 hours ago, duo said:

Why do you think there is no mention of a contract end date then?

That just made me think of Steve Bruce, that's all.

I'm sure terms will come out.

It's probably already been said, but probably our best signing since the takeover.

I can't think of a single thing I can criticise about his methods. He's meticulous in preparation, knows how to handle his players - they must love him - imagine how you would feel if you were Schar or Burn and you got picked ahead of Botman because you earned it off last season's performances.

He speaks lucidly and with intelligence. He's respectful but firm.

Oh and his football is a joy to watch. I can barely wait for the next match these days.