Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He's developed a structure and mentality that is so effective that average players (at this level) can contribute to the demolition of teams. I think you can change a few of the component parts today and the result, if not the emphatic scoreline, stays pretty much the same. 

We've gone from certain relegation to potentially be chasing top 8 finish, maybe top 6. Absolutely incredible 12 months. And more to come. We haven't seen the best of this squad, and we haven't finished upgrading it either!

Just now, hakka said:

We've gone from certain relegation to potentially be chasing top 8 finish, maybe top 6. Absolutely incredible 12 months. And more to come. We haven't seen the best of this squad, and we haven't finished upgrading it either!

They we taking about Champions League on Final Score. :lol:

Howe is everything I've ever wanted in a Newcastle manager tbh, I couldn't be happier with the job he's done and is doing. 

There's nothing I need to overlook if that makes sense? For example with Rafa I had to overlook the style of football (not fully his fault obviously), but with Howe, at least at the moment, he's ticking all of the boxes for me.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Howe is everything I've ever wanted in a Newcastle manager tbh, I couldn't be happier with the job he's done and is doing. 

There's nothing I need to overlook if that makes sense? For example with Rafa I had to overlook the style of football (not fully his fault obviously), but with Howe, at least at the moment, he's ticking all of the boxes for me.

In fairness, I do need to overlook the selection of Murphy, but that's the best thing for me. We don't have the squad of Man City or Liverpool, but we're already getting more than the sum of or parts.

As much as I love Maxi and want to spend every waking moment watching him produce magic, I#'ll be happy seeing Murphy take his place in the line-u against Man U next week.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Howe, then nothing ever will and you'll be forever wanting

Edited by Happinesstan

50 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

In fairness, I do need to overlook the selection of Murphy, but that's the best thing for me. We don't have the squad of Man City or Liverpool, but we're already getting more than the sum of or parts.

As much as I love Maxi and want to spend every waking moment watching him produce magic, I#'ll be happy seeing Murphy take his place in the line-u against Man U next week.

If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about Howe, then nothing ever will and you'll be forever wanting

And yet Murphy has now had 2 very good performances when starting. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it's a running theme with Howe now that he puts players in and they deliver. It's a very good sign.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

And yet Murphy has now had 2 very good performances when starting. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it's a running theme with Howe now that he puts players in and they deliver. It's a very good sign.

I'm delighted with Murphy's performances. I'm just reiterating the fact that sometimes, when you're a well run club, the starting line-u doesn't always dictate the result you would expect.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I thought Murphy was good today but I thought he was alright last week. Certainly didn't think he was "very" good against Fulham. 

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

First time since September 2001 we've scored 4+ in back to back games

:howe:

Didn't happen at all during the Ashley era, how utterly unsurprising :lol: 

Guest reefatoon
29 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Canny little challenge for Eddie when everybody is fit. How he picks his best XI is going to be fun to see. (What a problem to have!)

What is great to see, is even when our more important players are not there, he has instilled that much confidence in his system, that the back up players are just slotting in and doing their part. He has the whole squad on the same page and they all know exactly what their job is. The organisation is magnificent. He’s a fucking genius.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

What is great to see, is even when our more important players are not there, he has instilled that much confidence in his system, that the back up players are just slotting in and doing their part. He has the whole squad on the same page and they all know exactly what their job is. The organisation is magnificent. He’s a fucking genius.

i think his genius goes beyond his plan. I would have had no problem if Joelinton and Maxi had replaced Longstaff and Murphy, but Howe had the composure to trust in them both.