Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Panja lost all credibility after his "we only had a one hour slot so I didn't have the opportunity to raise the issue of human rights" when recently interviewing someone linked to PSG (can't remember who it was).  Didn't have that problem during one of our press conferences, did he!?!

I think it was Mbappe.

As much as those journalists don’t want to hear it, Eddie doesn’t really care about the Saudi ownership. If he did he wouldn’t have taken the job. 

The ownership have maintained a degree of separation from him that allows him to simply be focused on the football. Although as he’s the easiest target for them as he’s has to give a press conference every week. 

He answers their questions quite honestly. Obviously there is more to us travelling to SA, but as far as the footballing side of club is concerned the warm weather training worked last time so it would seem a good idea from a football perspective to do it again. 

I'm not fully comfortable with the SA ownership but it’s happened and it should have been the govt or FA that stopped it.

What do they want from us? Just to stop existing as a club? They own us now and bar the govt making a decision like with Chelsea that’s not changing any time soon. 

5 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

As much as those journalists don’t want to hear it, Eddie doesn’t really care about the Saudi ownership. If he did he wouldn’t have taken the job. 

The ownership have maintained a degree of separation from him that allows him to simply be focused on the football. Although as he’s the easiest target for them as he’s has to give a press conference every week. 

He answers their questions quite honestly. Obviously there is more to us travelling to SA, but as far as the footballing side of club is concerned the warm weather training worked last time so it would seem a good idea from a football perspective to do it again. 

I'm not fully comfortable with the SA ownership but it’s happened and it should have been the govt or FA that stopped it.

What do they want from us? Just to stop existing as a club? They own us now and bar the govt making a decision like with Chelsea that’s not changing any time soon. 

Mate, the MSM are parasites.  They all have an agenda on any issue sports, politics whatever.   Its not about informing any more, its about trying to own the narrative and get others to subscribe to it.   

Just ignore it all.  

Will have to listen fully later. I fully expect the press have taken the quotes they need rather than full context.

However on first look the use of the word "purely" is a bit silly tbf. Forgetting the political elephant in the room, it is surely a financial one and he could have worded that better and given him less for the press to throw at him, maybe he did and it wasn't printed. It is quite possible will be getting much of the trip, facilities and otherwise at a low cost or fully paid for. They have been once and know the facilities as to whether it is suitable or not, aside from the purely bit the quotes read fine and truthful to me. 

It is always damned if he says something, damned if he doesn't in this situation. The press want to trip him up and twist his words regardless. 

Eddie's done a full season's worth of league games now and the record is.

P38 W17 D11 L10 F50 A47 Pts 62 (1.63 points per game)

fwiw Klopp's first season at Liverpool 2015-16 (who were already in the Europa League after finishing sixth under Rodgers)

P30 W13 D9 L8 F55 A40 Pts 48 (1.6 points per game)

8 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Eddie's done a full season's worth of league games now and the record is.

P38 W17 D11 L10 F50 A47 Pts 62 (1.63 points per game)

fwiw Klopp's first season at Liverpool 2015-16 (who were already in the Europa League after finishing sixth under Rodgers)

P30 W13 D9 L8 F55 A40 Pts 48 (1.6 points per game)

Unreal when you consider we were in the utter dogshit when he took over

21 hours ago, Paully said:

Bellend quote tweeting another bellend

Well if anyone is sounding preachy here it's Mr Holt.

We all live in the same hypocritical world but whatever, someone needs to tell Klopp to wind his neck in. The way he shouted in the face of that linesman against City was a disgrace and it's becoming rather typical of him now that he's under a bit of pressure. And yes, it does influence the way youngsters behave and the way refs all the way down the ladder get treated.

Is anyone at Liverpool having a word with him? I doubt it.

We have the best defence in the Premiership but we're playing without a defensive midfield player. In fact, looking at Bruno, Longstaff, Joelinton, Shelvey and Willock, none of them are much good at defending as individuals. Our man is tearing up the rule book. 

23 hours ago, Cronky said:

Well if anyone is sounding preachy here it's Mr Holt.

We all live in the same hypocritical world but whatever, someone needs to tell Klopp to wind his neck in. The way he shouted in the face of that linesman against City was a disgrace and it's becoming rather typical of him now that he's under a bit of pressure. And yes, it does influence the way youngsters behave and the way refs all the way down the ladder get treated.

Is anyone at Liverpool having a word with him? I doubt it.

It’s just petty comments and clickbait headlines from Holt now. I don’t have an issue with someone raising concerns or even being against Saudi involvement but 1) you have to acknowledge the wider geopolitical picture and 2) it’s the way you present your points. I’d they aren’t balanced and you go down the route if Holt then lose your credibility particularly with previous twitter comments on the source of money and attending certain boxing matches. 

Id love to see him have to try and argue his points with say George Caulkin/Hope and listen to the “other side” including from the fans something he simply refuses to do. We are apparently the route of all evil now.