Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Wandy said:

Got it wrong taking Isak off IMO. He should have given him 60 minutes at the very, very least.

Imagine if he'd got injured

Fucking hell man it's clear they were never gonna play him more than a half

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Two third round exits to lower league opposition. Big blemish on his record here IMO.

Meanwhile we're 72 hours away from qualifying for our first domestic semi for 23 years. We'd have probably won tonight if that weren't the case.

We do seem to be in a habit of trying to rescue / finish off cup games with most of our better players coming on for substantial game time. Same against Palace. Personally I’d prefer we started a stronger team and made changes if/when comfortable. Having Bruno, Trippier et al coming on to supply Wood, when they could have been supplying Isak for 45 mins, is a little painful. 

That said, if we make it through on Tuesday then I won’t be too upset. 

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Got it wrong taking Isak off IMO. He should have given him 60 minutes at the very, very least.

Hasn't played in months, no point taking that risk in an FA Cup 3rd round tie.

As incredible as he has been at making average players into great players, I hope he realised today that a lot of our squad are lost causes. Why on earth did Ritchie play the whole game?!

Edited by Skeletor

Just now, Skeletor said:

As incredible as he has been at making average players into great players, I hope he realised today that a lot of our squad our lost causes. Why on earth did Ritchie play the whole game?!

I'd imagine he was already fully aware.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Meanwhile we're 72 hours away from qualifying for our first domestic semi for 23 years. We'd have probably won tonight if that weren't the case.

No guarantee we win on Tuesday considering how we've played in all cup games this season (shit).

You don’t change your whole fucking backline, literally the cornerstone of all our success this season.

A bunch of trauma centre coulda beens looked like it was their first time playing together because it actually was.

By the time Eddie Howe reacted it was already too late.

This one is on him.

Cross your fingers we get a PL side in next year's third round cos Eddie doesn't do League 1 teams.

I kid of course. That was a stark reminder that whilst we've made great strides since the takeover, beyond the first 12-13 players we've got a raft of absolute divvies who we can't trust with anything kicking about. Yep, great lads in the dressing room etc I'm sure but to call them bang average would be overstating it hugely.

It'll take another 4 windows to rid ourselves of all the Championship era dross & the likes of Murphy, Wood, Lewis etc which is the depressing thing. They'll cling on for dear life as they know their next contract will be a Championship team if they're lucky.

Bruce and Pardew both got us to League Cup quarter finals. Rafa did it in the Championship ffs. It's hardly a massive achievement especially when combined with abysmal FA Cup exits.

Big pressure on Tuesday to save our season in terms of cup performances IMO considering where our ambitions are supposed to be now. 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Bruce and Pardew both got us to League Cup quarter finals. Rafa did it in the Championship ffs. It's hardly a massive achievement especially when combined with abysmal FA Cup exits.

Big pressure on Tuesday to save our season in terms of cup performances IMO considering where our ambitions are supposed to be now. 

We’re third in the league you hysterical mess.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Fucking hell

Just now, christ said:

We’re third in the league you hysterical mess.

What has that got to do with anything. I am saying that this is a blemish not that he's doing a bad job. Exiting the FA Cup in the 3rd round to lower league teams two years in a row is underperformance considering the club's ambitions. I'd imagine even Howe, considering his high expectations, would think the same.