Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Chatting on a football Discord, I have a guy tell me that Howe is using a park the bus style tactic albeit very successful. He also thinks we start with defensive players, and then bring Isak and ASM on in the hop we pinch a goal.

Where is this stuff coming from? Yes I see the shithousery part of things, but in my head park the bus has always been everyone sat back hoping for that one counter goal to just shut up shop again.

Is that really us, with a 22+ GD and without even checking I'd imagine around an average of 60% possession. So we just pass it around at the back all game?

I think I’ve identified the issue.

6 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Chatting on a football Discord, I have a guy tell me that Howe is using a park the bus style tactic albeit very successful. He also thinks we start with defensive players, and then bring Isak and ASM on in the hop we pinch a goal.

Where is this stuff coming from? Yes I see the shithousery part of things, but in my head park the bus has always been everyone sat back hoping for that one counter goal to just shut up shop again.

Is that really us, with a 22+ GD and without even checking I'd imagine around an average of 60% possession. So we just pass it around at the back all game?

It's just because of the Arsenal game really.

6 hours ago, arnonel said:

If only Almiron had a right foot

If only Longstaff could pass and finish

If only Joelinton could finish

Need Isak on for Wilson

Wood was crap in the first half of the season

Willock cant finish, bad decision making

Must replace Willock for Maxi

Maxi needs better decision making

So bored of hearing this drivel.

This team. THIS team is 3rd in the league, on the brink of a cup final, and breaking all sorts of records.

For the love of god, cant we just support them now. Warts and all? The players above are busting a gut for the team, and absolutely smashing all previous expectations. 

It should be commended. Im personally so proud of every single player !

This. 

Some right entitled wankers on here like*

* I tried my best 😂

3 hours ago, BonesJones said:

parking the bus in their third of the pitch

Guest reefatoon
On 25/01/2023 at 00:45, GideonShandy said:

He said "We have to dust ourselves down" for the second time in a row.  Needs to cut that out immediately.

He means it properly though. Bruce didn’t have a clue what it meant, he just heard other people use it and thought it sounded good.

18 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

This. 

Some right entitled wankers on here like*

* I tried my best 😂

'Shutup and enjoy the ride' encouraged people to overlook how awful Pardew was. This is a forum and its entire existence is to allow discussion. Differences of opinion and debate are healthy.

40 minutes ago, HawK said:

'Shutup and enjoy the ride' encouraged people to overlook how awful Pardew was. This is a forum and its entire existence is to allow discussion. Differences of opinion and debate are healthy.

Totally agree. My opinion is we have some right entitled wankers and we ain't won anything yet. Doesn't bode well

He's got an interesting choice to make now.

We're absolutely rock solid at the back, but in recent weeks we've been wasteful up top. The Joelinton-Willock partnership that looked so effective has been less fruitful and Wilson looks cooked.  ASM and Isak changed the game on Tuesday, I'll be shocked if at least one of them isn't in from the start next week.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I do wonder though, he might just think we've been missing loads of chances so soon we'll start taking them. 

Can you imagine how many goals Maddison would have had if he'd been playing instead of Willock, with Longstaff tasked with holding back a bit to give Madders the freedom to roam and put those chances away.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is already in here somewhere, but a nice little tribute from Bournemouth. Love this bit with the player saying he's a legend and should be knighted, also the little glimpses of Wilson, Ritchie, Fraser, Tindall and some of the other coaching staff.

Not often managers get this treatment when they leave a club.

Edited by BonesJones

8 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Have we really missed that many clear cut chances, Southampton cup game aside ? Genuine question as I missed most of the Fulham game and I didn’t think we created that much away at palace.

Aye, should've scored at least once in the first half v Fulham. Wilson especially, should've scored after a great turn in the box. 

At Palace I thought Joelinton should've done better in the first half with the shot he scuffed, Wilson had more or less a free header in the second half also but our crossing and set pieces were poor in that game overall imo.

Missed a few chances v Leicester in the cup before taking the lead, Longstaff inside the first 30 seconds especially should've scored.

Wood and Longstaff missed some great chances also v Leeds.

Like back in August/September though I think we're building up to absolutely pummelling someone soon like we did v Fulham, Brentford and Villa. We scored 5 v Brentford but that was us punishing every single mistake they made, wasn't really a 5-1 on the balance of the 90 minutes. But the Villa game was relentless, could've and probably should've won that by 6.

Edited by HaydnNUFC