Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

How muxh do people velieve the "only looking for managers currently unemployed" line, or words to that effect? Seems like a silly thing to put out in public if you werent going to stick to it. Lotentially a note to anyone who was interested but already employed to let them kniow we arent looking to pay millions more in compensation?

They haven’t actually ever said that one journo said it and it’s stuck.

I wouldn’t want Wenger.

Yes he did amazing with Arsenal in the early to mid 2000’s, but by the end he was out thought by others and too stubborn to change.

On top of this he has a job at FIFA which I doubt he’s going to give up soon, and I can’t say I’m a fan of his proposals, be it the World Cup every 2 years, or his views on offside.

10 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

This^^^^. I think fonseca is the fall back if the current club refuses to let us talk to the guy we want 

From Bruce to Fonsecca as a fall back option in a week!!  Fuck me man. Hilarious 

11 minutes ago, midds said:

Absolutely vital they get the decision right, no problem at all with waiting for another 2 or 3 weeks if it means getting the one they want. Critical appointment and will decide the direction we're going to move in for the next 5+ years. Take your time, get it right, appoint them soon and back then in Jan. 

100% agree, The football side of Newcastle nEeds rebuilding from the ground up a maNager can't do this on his own he needs a DOF and I tHink its vitAl they work together, Get them in by the time the international break comes around and I'll be happy 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Safe to say if they have reservations over Fonseca’s style of play currently not suited to what we need right now, they will surely then be having the same concerns over Howe and Martinez?

He has a style of play we haven't had that since Rafa left. I don't think he will go out balls to the wall attacking until he has the right squad. The interesting thing with Fonseca is whilst he will build to his style he will change systems if his squad don't suit it.

Roma is a casing point, he changed to essentially 523/343 because that suited his squad when he would normally play 4 at the back. He isn't just going to come in and expect us to be able to play balls to the wall attacking football. He pays more attention to detail than most managers. He is a football nut, like Rafa but he does like to play attacking football. 

If he takes over the dynamics of play will change over time. I imagine at first, he will get them fit and try to teach them to keep possession but be relatively cautious. Over time we would be very attacking. 

What idiots don't realise about him is that whilst it is an attacking system he would want, the defence is ridiculously well drilled. The whole team are well drilled but the defence is the most important alongside the midfielders dropping to cover wingbacks in his roma system. 

Edited by relámpago blanco

Emery for me. Knows the league, tactically very good.

I really think knowledge of the league is key with this appointment, we have pretty much 0 room for error.

(made choice based on Rafa being unrealsitic imo)

8 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Emery for me. Knows the league, tactically very good.

I really think knowledge of the league is key with this appointment, we have pretty much 0 room for error.

(made choice based on Rafa being unrealsitic imo)

Surprised by his low number of votes actually.

It would make perfect sense for the consortium to want a DOF in as urgently as they want a manager.

They could have huge problems if they decided to get a manager and then a DOF who had a different vision.

There needs to be some synergy in what they are doing.

1 minute ago, STM said:

It would make perfect sense for the consortium to want a DOF in as urgently as they want a manager.

They could have huge problems if they decided to get a manager and then a DOF who had a different vision.

There needs to be some synergy in what they are doing.

I would be OVER the moon if we waited at least TEN days if it means getting the correct management team