3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

“I fear for Eddie with this one tbh. That Newcastle team is utter garbage. They absolutely do not have the tools to play free flowing attacking football and Eddie cannot set a team up defensively to save his life, it’s just not in his DNA. Would be a dreadful appointment for them and will not benefit Eddie’s career. Only hope is that he can hang on until jan and then spend spend spend. Will the fans/board give him until then if results are poor though?”

The Bournemouth forum all like him but this is basically my exact fear with this appointment. 

I get the fear, but that bit in bold is just not true. Not if your basis for comparison is his Bournemouth team. Man City or Liverpool levels absolutely not :lol: But we have the individual quality in a full 11 too be better than 3 teams in this league. In an attacking and defensive sense. If we have a manager with a semblance of tactical nous. 

I'm under no illusions, but I'm also quite open minded about the job he might be able to do. It's not like we have many examples to draw on, he's managed 1 team. But he was able to produce very good results with very little resource. It'd make more sense, imo, to apply that logic to his appointment, because ultimately he over achieved. 

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I get the fear, but that bit in bold is just not true. Not if your basis for comparison is his Bournemouth team. Man City or Liverpool levels absolutely not :lol: But we have the individual quality in a full 11 too be better than 3 teams in this league. In an attacking and defensive sense. If we have a manager with a semblance of tactical nous. 

I'm under no illusions, but I'm also quite open minded about the job he might be able to do. It's not like we have many examples to draw on, he's managed 1 team. But he was able to produce very good results with very little resource. It'd make more sense, imo, to apply that logic to his appointment, because ultimately he over achieved. 

Aye that’s fair but we have zero creativity aside ASM at the minute and  our midfield is a total joke. There is a risk this can go badly wrong like. I wish his last season hadn’t happened I used to love me some Hollywood Howe :lol:

A front 3 of Wilson/ASM/Almiron/Fraser/Willock, fuck it,maybe even the Brazilian donkey, should be enough for any decent manager worth his salt to AT LEAST make us a side with serious threat.

The issue is the centre of the pitch. Can Howe get Hayden/Longstaff/Willock to do the work required in the middle?

At the back, the best he can do is play our best centre halves. 

Edited by STM

I want to watch us be attacking, so for that reason alone I'm happier with Howe than Emery. That said, I've never been sold on Emery even before we almost got him. I was hoping for a "bigger" name as a statement of intent, but Howe plays entertaining football and is a likable guy. Who knows what the future holds, he might stay here for the next 20 odd years and this was the beginning of a dynasty. 

Brucie spot on as ever!

When asked if he had held any dialogue with the powers that be about an ultimatum, Bruce told the Chronicle Live:

"It is absolutely the biggest pile of ***** I have ever heard."

Bruce has not held any meetings or talks with Mike Ashley, but is in regular conversation with managing director Lee Charnley.

And with Eddie Howe's name spoken about as the potential next boss on Tyneside, Bruce feels some of the reporting has gone too far.

Bruce said: "Some of it needs to be more measured. I give respect. When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper (the Chronicle) was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year."

Howe's name was initially mentioned in a comment piece in the aftermath of the League Cup exit at Brentford, and has since been used in articles about who the bookies feel is favourite to be next boss.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/must-read-steve-bruce-interview-19683863

Just now, TwoForJoy said:

Brucie spot on as ever!

When asked if he had held any dialogue with the powers that be about an ultimatum, Bruce told the Chronicle Live:

"It is absolutely the biggest pile of ***** I have ever heard."

Bruce has not held any meetings or talks with Mike Ashley, but is in regular conversation with managing director Lee Charnley.

And with Eddie Howe's name spoken about as the potential next boss on Tyneside, Bruce feels some of the reporting has gone too far.

Bruce said: "Some of it needs to be more measured. I give respect. When I see polls, the next manager and the fella from Bournemouth, I find it disrespectful, I have to tell you. Your paper (the Chronicle) was gunning for a manager that got a team relegated last year."

Howe's name was initially mentioned in a comment piece in the aftermath of the League Cup exit at Brentford, and has since been used in articles about who the bookies feel is favourite to be next boss.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/must-read-steve-bruce-interview-19683863

There were journalists decrying that he was known as “the one who relegated Bournemouth” the same ones who were laying into us for being  mean to Bruce 

4 minutes ago, Wullie said:

btelOdY.png

League 2 table when he took over, ended up with 46 points which was some going.

Wow. I never knew he took over so late in the season.

Good thing we got ourselves a relegation expert, eh! 

• midds changed the title to Eddie Howe
  • Rich changed the title to Eddie Howe