Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

10 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

What?! I can't think of any football reporter more ITK than him to be honest [emoji38]

Even more so considering its so widespread. 

He seems to just regurgitate other news that has already broken? At least he has regarding Fonseca and now Howe.

I for one is quite excited by the prospect of Howe becoming manager, hopefully he adds some enthusiasm amongst the players similar to how Keegan and even Houghton brought to the club. He speaks really well too and seems to have some character about him unlike many of the dinosaurs we’ve had in the last 14 years. Really hoping this goes well.

Y’all need to chill, damn. :lol: 

At least one of the back room staff he wants to bring in are under contract at another club. They’re just sorting that out (or likely already have tbh). A club like Sheffield United isn’t turning down any offers from us to buy out their coaches. Absolutely nothing to worry about here. 

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

At least one of the back room staff he wants to bring in are under contract at another club. They’re just sorting that out (or likely already have tbh). A club like Sheffield United isn’t turning down any offers from us to buy out their coaches. Absolutely nothing to worry about here. 

Cannot believe how broken Ashley has left us man :lol:

9 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Yep. the other two are available I think. If I am Sheffield United or anyone else, I know we are minted. Can't blame them if they are taking the piss. 

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

If that video's anything to go by can we get a chant going to one of A-ha's songs? Good music taste btw

Take on the Geordies
Take on the Geordies
Brucie's gone
And the two Steve's tooo

I saw this on the r/NUFC subreddit. I'm on mobile and just copy-pasting, so god knows what the formatting will be like. 

Anyway - it's Bournemouth fan u/machdel talking about Howe's transfers.

Did a quick search. Sorry if Giggs.

Seen a lot of comment on here, on Twitter, and elsewhere about Eddie Howe being shit in the transfer market. As a Bournemouth fan (and by extension a Howe defender), I thought I’d try and analyse his record at bringing players in, with 10-15 of the most famous examples, starting with the 2 most infamous ones.

DOMINIC SOLANKE - Bought: £19 million. Sold: Still here.

A widely mocked transfer, it took Solanke a while to get going at Bournemouth. Whilst the transfer fee may still look steep, he has become the focal point of the club’s attack, and currently has 12 goals from 17 matches this season. If Bournemouth go up, I’m confident he’ll prove his worth.

JORDON IBE - Bought: £15 million. Sold: £0

The one total failure on the list. To pin this solely on Howe is unfair however, as Ibe’s repeated struggles off the pitch with depression hampered his attempts to kick on at Dean Court.

NATHAN AKE - Bought: £20 million. Sold: £41 million.

Probably the best player to have worn the shirt, he gave Bournemouth consistent excellence, before being sold for a profit to Manchester City, with Howe doubling his money.

ARNAUT DANJUMA - Bought: £14 million. Sold: £21.3 million

His start was thwarted by injury but was easily one of the best players in the Championship last season. Got in the Team of the Year and was sold for a profit to Villarreal.

TYRONE MINGS - Bought: £8 million. Sold: £25 million.

Never really caught fire at Bournemouth but Howe nearly tripled his money here.

CALLUM WILSON - Bought: £3 million. Sold: £20 million.

A brilliant striker for multiple seasons. Gave Bournemouth fans wonderful memories and departed for a large profit.

JOSH KING - Bought: free. Sold: nominal fee of approx £2/3million.

The club’s top scorer across the 5 seasons we spent in the Prem. Shame Bournemouth couldn’t shift him for more money but clearly a successful signing.

PHILIP BILLING - Bought: £15 million. Sold: Still here.

As with Solanke, an uncertain start, but he is now proving his worth in the Championship. Turned into one of the best attack minded midfielders in the league, and is getting better and better.

AARON RAMSDALE - Bought: £800,000. Sold: £18.5 million

Was named Player of the Year in his last season here, a top goalkeeper, who was sold for a huge profit to Sheffield Utd.

JEFFERSON LERMA - Bought: £25 million. Sold: Still here.

Our club record fee, but has been one of the team’s most consistent top-performing players for successive years.

MATT RITCHIE - Bought: £400,000. Sold: £11 million.

A wonderful player who played an immense part in Bournemouth’s rise. A handsome profit made.

RYAN FRASER - Bought: £400,000. Sold: free.

A player who Howe picked up and turned into one of the best wingers in the league for a season or two. Could’ve fetched a large sum for him if he hadn’t downed tools and refused to play in the relegation battle.

LEWIS COOK: Bought: £6.5 million. Sold: Still here.

An immensely talented player whose bursts of excellence have been stunted by injury.

So — not only is Howe’s reputation over “big money” mostly undeserved, his management credentials are shown in the number of players he has improved, used to get Bournemouth up the leagues, and then sold on for profit. Not to mention the number of players who were integral parts of our Championship and Premier League squads that were picked up for free.

Ake, Danjuma, Wilson, King, Ritchie, Ramsdale are the names that deserve to define Howe’s transfer legacy, not just Jordon Ibe.

Players like Brooks, Solanke, Lerma, Billing, L.Cook, and Stacey still form the backbone of our side.

Like all managers, he has made signings that didn’t work out, but they are small fry in comparison to his number of successes.

He is the greatest manager in Bournemouth’s history, and gave the fans a decade’s worth of exciting, attacking football that saw the club go from -17 points at the bottom of League Two, to a pretty stable 5 seasons in the greatest league in the world.

Bournemouth were relegated in an injury crisis, and even then by the finest of margins (remember that VAR decision that kept Villa up?). Anyone who focuses on that rather than the unqualified success he brought to Bournemouth for a decade should probably reconsider.

I hope Newcastle fans enjoy his tenure and can jettison some media induced anxiety about his transfer record as a result of this post.

3 minutes ago, Mister_Glass said:

I saw this on the r/NUFC subreddit. I'm on mobile and just copy-pasting, so god knows what the formatting will be like. 

Brilliant post.. he seems a owners dream 

5 minutes ago, Mister_Glass said:

This is fantastic for two reasons:

1. He can unearth value, improve it and make profit. 
  2. He's now got the funds to match finding lower league skill with gifted players from the continent.

Seems to me this is what PCP has communicated from the beginning, smart investment in players, infrastructure, operations, commercial revenue should lead to sustained success. Brilliant and I'm sure what most level headed supporters can get behind.

Just now, The Prophet said:

I was reading about why his deal to Celtic didn't go through. Apparently they could negotiate his backroom staff out of their Bournemouth contracts. I don't think many of them are attached elsewhere now are they?

Just Tindall.