Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Every time Fraser gets the ball now I expect he crowd to shout “wee man” in unison. 

Man, I was reading comments on Ryan on either a blog or the Chronicle. Holy shit you guys hold nothing back.  Guy said, and I quote, "As for Fraser, he walks around with a face that looks like a well spanked arse"

Jesus. Anyway, should be fun with all the shots of Howe frowning in the stands and the sleeves rolling up dare I say?

33 minutes ago, McDog said:

I'd sign up for that. "In the street there is violence, and lots of work to be done." Listened to that record since mid 80's.

oh and brother it's Eddy....:D

Bloody hell, Charnley got the wrong Eddy Grant as well?!

1 hour ago, McDog said:

I would expect they already had.  Is Sheffield United eyeing the money the owners are worth and saying "Well, Eleventy million will do fine" - I mean I have no idea.  Throwing random shit out.

Sheffield United is already owned by the House of Saud, though. If there's any club in the English pyramid who'd be open to business with us it would be them.

7 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Sheffield United is already owned by the House of Saud, though. If there's any club in the English pyramid who'd be open to business with us it would be them.

If they like it or not 🤣

3 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

That Torygraph article has completely swayed my opinion. I was firmly in the ‘what a shit appointment’ camp.  Expected more from the new owners. Perhaps too much. It’s genuinely encouraging that he’s spent the last 15 months growing and learning after some managers would spend it on the golf course. 

Changing your mind proves you’ve got one.

You never really know with either players or a manager if they’re going to be a good fit.

There’s a whole heap of managers with top cv’s who would have failed miserably in this role, even with the financial backing.

Firstly, Eddie Howe is likeable, he’s intelligent and wants to improve so that his teams will also do so. He’s progressive in his ethos. And most importantly he’s humble, if he fucks up he’ll own up to it.

Absolute night and day compared to what we’ve been used to.

This could well be a temporary fix, we just don’t know how things will work out. What we can all agree on is that given a bit of time and patience, this whole afraid of the ball, can’t string two passes together team that we’ve been watching will be a thing of the past.

Let’s get behind him and most importantly, give him that patience he deserves. It shouldn’t take too long for change to happen.

Generally it seems to be a very mixed reaction to Howe. It does go to show, in England, we like to talk a big game about giving young talented coaches a chance, but we'd much rather go for the known quantity. I understand why, but managers such as Klopp and Conte wouldn't have got a look in with a relegation on their CV.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Generally it seems to be a very mixed reaction to Howe. It does go to show, in England, we like to talk a big game about giving young talented coaches a chance, but we'd much rather go for the known quantity. I understand why, but managers such as Klopp and Conte wouldn't have got a look in with a relegation on their CV.

Hasn't klopp been relegated? I'd argue Howe is a reasonably know quality. I think many of the said detractors would have been happy with Favre or Fonseca who absolutely aren't known quantites. 

It's hard not to get drawn in and dissapointed given some of the names linked in the media. In lots of ways Howe is a perceived come down. Excited to find out if that is all misjudged. Most names would have been a gamble one way or another!

37 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Hasn't klopp been relegated? I'd argue Howe is a reasonably know quality. I think many of the said detractors would have been happy with Favre or Fonseca who absolutely aren't known quantites. 

It's hard not to get drawn in and dissapointed given some of the names linked in the media. In lots of ways Howe is a perceived come down. Excited to find out if that is all misjudged. Most names would have been a gamble one way or another!

Well, Favre is 64 years old and has been managing professionally for over 20 years, so not really an unknown quantity.

24 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

Well, Favre is 64 years old and has been managing professionally for over 20 years, so not really an unknown quantity.

In the premier league he is. I don't think any of the people linked are unknown quantities in management.

Unless its a complete shitshow he should be kept on if we go down. A lot of the damage has been already done. We're 6 adrift, might increase this weekend and thats before he gets started. The squad is a joke as are the facilities, the club is ready made for another relegation. Signings in January might not save us either, it depends on how far away we are by then. If its a shitshow then theres a case for him going, but if we have a bit of fight in us and just go down simply because he came in too late then he should absolutely stay on. Who else are we going to get in the Championship?

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Will predict hounded out by the end of the season if/when we go down.

Not by me , for me it’s half a season, these players aren’t on him , the condition of them etc are all to with Bruce. He’s left us with little chance of getting out of this .Howe or anyone can’t make these into a team overnight and adding some quality in Jan may be way too late I fear .

I won’t play the blame game as I see him a perfect fit to bring us up , I don’t think any manager in the world can save us now , but that’s only my opinion , the players need an attitude transplant to save us .

Lad has got one of those youthful faces destined to be ruined by the pressures of the job.  After a couple of seasons of misery and toil you'll see a picture of him c.2021 and think, 'mind, he's aged since he's had this job'. Like Tony Blair.

26 minutes ago, Paully said:

Man, this is so pathetic.

Even before we ultimately made the approach to Emery it was confirmed that the final two were him and Howe. So all these bitchy tall tales are just so pitiful.

These folks are desperate for the club to still be a joke and for it all to go tits up. Funny how they weren't at all critical of Ashley when he was here taking the absolute piss. 

It's not going to work though, Eddie and all the other people they're working hard to bring in are going to be boss. Can't wait :cool:

Edited by KaKa