Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, the fella said:

Its ridiculous isn't it. 10 days isolation for a fit and healthy vaccinated 42 year old showing no symptoms. From a disease with a 99.7% survival rate. Rising to virtually 100% for people of footballers age. And we lose our head coach for 10 days for this. Pure theatre the whole bloody isolation thing. 

If he's test positive it means he's contagious, and whether he's asymptomatic or not its 100% the correct thing to self-isolate, its not about him becoming ill, its about if he transmits it to someone else, and while most of the footballers may be alright, what if he was to have some form of interaction with a member of staff at his hotel, or the taxi driver to and from the training ground, and one of them people are at risk of severe disease from contracting it? Its just not right to let him roam free with a disease thats killed 5 million people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, the fella said:

Its ridiculous isn't it. 10 days isolation for a fit and healthy vaccinated 42 year old showing no symptoms. From a disease with a 99.7% survival rate. Rising to virtually 100% for people of footballers age. And we lose our head coach for 10 days for this. Pure theatre the whole bloody isolation thing. 


Wow. And this, people, is why numbers are still so fucking high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Are you still contagious if you test negative after having had it? 

Not after 10 days. Even if you keep testing positive, 10 days appears to be the point where the virus can’t be passed on.

 

 

Edited by christ

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, christ said:

Not after 10 days. Even if you keep testing positive, 10 days appears to be the point where the virus can’t be passed on.

 

 

 

I know someone that had Covid and two weeks after testing positive still tested positive and likely passed it on to others in her household…

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, the fella said:

Its ridiculous isn't it. 10 days isolation for a fit and healthy vaccinated 42 year old showing no symptoms. From a disease with a 99.7% survival rate. Rising to virtually 100% for people of footballers age. And we lose our head coach for 10 days for this. Pure theatre the whole bloody isolation thing. 

My good friend was in hospital with Covid recently, really bad, double jabbed, my wife’s uncle died of it and I know several other people that have died with it, my entire household currently has it, my wife and myself and my two boys, my wife and myself are both double jabbed and I wouldn’t wish this on anyone, it’s serious and regarding Howe and this ten days, again I know someone who tested positive still 2 weeks after first testing positive and then she likely passed it on to family members after that 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, the fella said:

Its ridiculous isn't it. 10 days isolation for a fit and healthy vaccinated 42 year old showing no symptoms. From a disease with a 99.7% survival rate. Rising to virtually 100% for people of footballers age. And we lose our head coach for 10 days for this. Pure theatre the whole bloody isolation thing. 

 

1) it does NOT have a 99.7% survival rate. Best estimates are 5,172,031 deaths from 258,174,334 cases (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/) meaning about a 2% mortality rate. Stop talking shit.

 

2) fit and healthy people can die from this

 

3) aside from that, it's not about him, it's about the frail and elderly people who might get infected further down the line and die or get seriously ill. Preventing transmission saves lives.

 

4) it's not even about the survival rate. Long Covid affects tens of millions of people worldwide and will continue to for years. "Survival" is a ridiculous metric with which to measure success by, there's more to life than 'surviving'.

 

We're still in the shit almost two years later because people STILL chat shit like this, playing down something that could be eradicated or at very least reduced to incredibly manageable levels if we all just took some personal responsibility, got vaccinated and fucking behaved. But no. Seemingly that's too much to ask so here we still are, still treading water.

 

We should do as they've done in Austria, mandatory vaccine passports for any public spaces. If people insist on being part of the problem rather than part of the solution, treat them as such. Fuck the people who don't take this seriously, deny science, make up numbers or won't put a mask on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

 

1) it does NOT have a 99.7% survival rate. Best estimates are 5,172,031 deaths from 258,174,334 cases (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/) meaning about a 2% mortality rate. Stop talking shit.

 

2) fit and healthy people can die from this

 

3) aside from that, it's not about him, it's about the frail and elderly people who might get infected further down the line and die or get seriously ill. Preventing transmission saves lives.

 

4) it's not even about the survival rate. Long Covid affects tens of millions of people worldwide and will continue to for years. "Survival" is a ridiculous metric with which to measure success by, there's more to life than 'surviving'.

 

We're still in the shit almost two years later because people STILL chat shit like this, playing down something that could be eradicated or at very least reduced to incredibly manageable levels if we all just took some personal responsibility, got vaccinated and fucking behaved. But no. Seemingly that's too much to ask so here we still are, still treading water.

 

We should do as they've done in Austria, mandatory vaccine passports for any public spaces. If people insist on being part of the problem rather than part of the solution, treat them as such. Fuck the people who don't take this seriously, deny science, make up numbers or won't put a mask on.


Well said. :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I know someone that had Covid and two weeks after testing positive still tested positive and likely passed it on to others in her household…

There are certain symptoms that can mean you’re still contagious (runny nose, shits) but if you don’t have those you’re basically safe regardless of the test results. In lab conditions they struggled to demonstrate contagion after 9 days iirc.

 

I’ve very recently had it, and was still testing positive after three weeks. The tests are hopeless for about three months once you’ve been ill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Video on another forum apparently showing footage of Eddie Howe at training today, maybe it was a false positive and he has returned 2 negative tests 

 

https://www.not606.com/threads/eddie-howe.396937/page-12

 

thats what the 2 spurs players did 

 

 

 

There are almost zero false positives. False negatives are common, false positives are as rare as intelligent Sunderland fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • midds changed the title to Eddie Howe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...