Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just watched Howe’s post-match interview on motd. This guy is night and day in comparison to Bruce. Positive, talking up our players and focussed on improving them. I’m totally behind him and haven’t felt like this since Rafa. 

Delighted for him, he looks like he’s aged massively in the few weeks he’s been here mind, he seems to cope well with pressure though and the reception he’s getting from the fans is lovely to see. We are United again!

Edited by HTT II

The smile on Eddie's face during the post match interview was class. He genuinely is excited and passionate about being our manager and I was very happy for him to get his first win. I really hope for us and for Eddie that he goes on to make history in keeping us up. I think it would be a brilliant platform to move on from, for once it's looking a tiny bit more possible. We have to beat one or more the top sides to do it, I really hope we can cause an upset and achieve that before January.

His entire mindset is positive and forward thinking. He’s the opposite of a defeatist and every time he speaks its intentional and thoughtful. I love this bloke like. I hope we kick on from yesterday because he’s literally and potentially perfect for us. 

26 minutes ago, Kanji said:

His entire mindset is positive and forward thinking. He’s the opposite of a defeatist and every time he speaks its intentional and thoughtful. I love this bloke like. I hope we kick on from yesterday because he’s literally and potentially perfect for us. 

Yep, he will train the players and go into say a match away to Man City and will look to try and win the game, it’s refreshing and even if you don’t quite have the players, that mentality will win you more games than you lose and although it come to an end playing that way at Bournemouth for Howe, it was kind of inevitable like it would if KK was their manager also. Here, if he keeps us up and we start bringing in real quality, that won’t happen and because of his methods, there is a good chance we will actually become a very very good side under him. I’m confident, relegation or not, eventually anyway. 

Just training 5 days a week instead of 3 is making a massive difference. Not just fitness-wise, but also on player's professionalism. If you look at Shelvey, he was admitting that he needed to cut out after match drinking, but when you know you aren't going to be training for a few days it makes it a lot easier to think "why not?"

I thought it was interesting hearing Shelvey talk about his fitness levels already being up by 5%.

I'd say it's more than that, but even so, tiny margins make a huge difference in the game. And he looks interested again, taking a few shots putting himself about.

He's the first player I'd have dropped and called a waste of space before Howe came in, so I'm glad to eat my words so far.

He's on my own team sheet again now.

8 weeks ago, we had a manager who was a fraud, an owner who wasnt interested, a group of players that weren't fit and a fan base at war with itself.   Fast forward 8 weeks and its the complete opposite.

The next 8 weeks could be transformational for this club, get it right and we won't have to be looking down anymore, only up!

9 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

8 weeks ago, we had a manager who was a fraud, an owner who wasnt interested, a group of players that weren't fit and a fan base at war with itself.   Fast forward 8 weeks and its the complete opposite.

The next 8 weeks could be transformational for this club, get it right and we won't have to be looking down anymore, only up!

You forgot the new warm room…

I echo sentiments about Shelvey. I would have kicked him into touch but he has been instrumental in Howes team. Arguably our best player over the last 3 games.

He's not the long term answer to success (Shelvey) but it's a minor miracle what Howe is getting out of certain players. Shelvey, Joelinton, Lewis, Schar have all excelled under Howe.

His message about January is spot on too. Forget transfers for now.

59 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I thought it was interesting hearing Shelvey talk about his fitness levels already being up by 5%.

I'd say it's more than that, but even so, tiny margins make a huge difference in the game. And he looks interested again, taking a few shots putting himself about.

He's the first player I'd have dropped and called a waste of space before Howe came in, so I'm glad to eat my words so far.

He's on my own team sheet again now.

The entire squads fitness levels are up - way more than 5% I would say.

I think pre-season effectively started when Howe came in

We've seen the "this time it's different" story from Shelvey at least two times before about how he is changing his life to become a better player. Let's hope it's permanent this time but I have my doubt.

Got no problem playing him on his purple patches though. Let's just hope Howe is quicker than his predecessors at taking him out of the team if his focus and performances drops.

Obviously I'm stoked that we got Howe eventually, but must admit I have also been impressed by Gerrard's impact at Villa. I watched them lose 2-1 to City, and they gave them one hell of a battle. I didn't want us to go anywhere near him when the job was still up for grabs, but I think he will actually go on to be a good manager now. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

Obviously I'm stoked that we got Howe eventually, but must admit I have also been impressed by Gerrard's impact at Villa. I watched them lose 2-1 to City, and they gave them one hell of a battle. I didn't want us to go anywhere near him when the job was still up for grabs, but I think he will actually go on to be a good manager now. 

Bit of a catch-22: the better Gerrard does with Villa, the louder the calls for Liverpool to bring him home will grow. No such problem with Howe.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

Howe has been absilutely fantastic in his build up to games, singling out players who he has correctly identified as being scapegoats at the time of making his comments. He's backed them publicly, made good assessments of their strengths and they've come out with better performances as a result.

Confidence was shot, belief wasn't there, even in the stands, and now we have our first win, we will grow from strength to strength. 

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

The better that Gerrard does with Villa, the louder the calls for Liverpool to bring him home will grow. No such problem with Howe.

I wouldn't want him instead of Howe regardless of that, but yeah. I can see him going there if and when Klopp moves on. Eddie is perfect for us, I said it before, but he reminds me of Keegan how he lifts players and makes them want to play for him. 

11 minutes ago, Heron said:

Top drawer CB and CM are our absolute priorities like. Players we can build a team around. 

Need 2 CM’s….at least one defensive…plus another Centre forward as Wilson ain’t gonna last the rest of the season without injury.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

I want to see what Howe has done with Hendrick. Bet he’s fucking class now. 

I'm sure I saw him cutting the grass after the game, TBF he did a cracking job like.

6 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Need 2 CM’s….at least one defensive…plus another Centre forward as Wilson ain’t gonna last the rest of the season without injury.

I think I'd prefer two CBs to two CMs at the moment to stop us leaking goals, but aye, the squad needs an overhaul, on the whole.