7 hours ago, Dokko said:

Keegan again? Anyone?

It would blow the roof off St James if that happened, you'd have a stampede of middle aged fans climbing over the turnstiles. Keegan would lift the whole city for the rest of the season, but longer term it wouldn't be a wise appointment. If only though. :love:

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The Keegan ship has sailed for me. Would love him to have some sort of role at the club but not a football one.

Yeah some sort of ambassador role/dof is fine. 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

The Keegan ship has sailed for me. Would love him to have some sort of role at the club but not a football one.

This...he's long past sell by date as a manager now.  He could have easily turned into a PFM if he'd kept trying for work over the last ten years and been shown up as a dinosaur. Utmost admiration for him and what he did for us, but ultimately he always knew when it was time to quit rather than Brucing it out.

Could easily be an ambassador though

Personally think there aren't many better managers than Keegan for a short term lift. Everyone thought he was past it when Ashley brought him back after sacking Allardyce, but he has a way of lifting teams an extra 50% and getting them playing football. 

No he's not the answer, but let's not forget what he can do, he doesn't need to prove it to anyone after two stints here. 

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

This...he's long past sell by date as a manager now.  He could have easily turned into a PFM if he'd kept trying for work over the last ten years and been shown up as a dinosaur. Utmost admiration for him and what he did for us, but ultimately he always knew when it was time to quit rather than Brucing it out.

Make him a global ambassador like Man United do.

Is Poch totally out of the picture now? There was talk of him fancying coming back to England for the Spurs job. I know he's at PSG, but apparently not totally satisfied with life over there. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Is Poch totally out of the picture now? There was talk of him fancying coming back to England for the Spurs job. I know he's at PSG, but apparently not totally satisfied with life over there. 

Would be the best 'fuck you' to Qatar also. Which, I'll be honest, I'd enjoy.

53 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Keegan could and would never allow himself to become a dinosaur and to suggest otherwise is quite frankly blasphemous.

5 hours ago, Kaizero said:

So doing well in Scandinavia means you're a good manager? I thought managing with success in Scandinavia was a joke and not something to say made someone good?

He made it out the group in the EL with ÖsterfuckingSund man

I wish we could have Rafa back. It's all perfect for him, and he's the right sort of visionary to get it spot on.

From what's available right now I'd go call out for Conte. Plenty of time to assess the whole club, sort what he wants and make some of it happen in January, before a proper re-building project next summer.

Howe as first stabiliser and builder of the foundations........ or if we are really going for it from the get go then Conte for me.

Madness this like :lol: Actually mentioning these names and actually being a possibility not just fantasy!!

• midds changed the title to Eddie Howe
  • Rich changed the title to Eddie Howe
  • Wullie locked and unlocked this topic