Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Definitely don’t want lampard.

conte or Rafa would be the ones if it was possible,but I don’t think either are realistic for varying reasons.

rodgers,Gerrard would both be good in different ways.

my choice would be wenger for a couple of years to transition and help with the academy/training ground restructure and then go from there.

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Strange time to appoint a manager, maybe too long for an interim one but too soon for a world class one. Conte working with Richie and Kraft is a hilarious thought, but so is a Graeme Jones getting 2 or 3 class players. Weird, it’ll be interesting to see which way they go. 

Agreed.

I’d therefore quite like someone like Vilas Boas. A free agent, he knows the league, has a Newcastle connection and would be an immediate improvement. If it doesn’t work over the next 2 seasons or so, he should have steadied the ship.

I'm not that big of a fan of Conte, seems to always create trouble with the hierarchy and always has his demands, for some reason i would love for it to be Zidane, his name and presence will really show the sort of club we are wanting to become (not sure  how good is his English though).

But to be completely honest, i would be happy even if we just remove Bruce and put Jones in charge, i want to say no one is worse than what we have right now but the Ashley Era proved that it can always get worse than worst :lol:

5 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Don't see the Gerrard thing at all tbh. Even if he was superb (and let's face it, we don't know that yet), he's nailed on to follow Klopp at Liverpool over the next few years.

Yeah that’s true tbf

This will most likely head down the Man Shitty route of a decent/great name (to lure the players in) compared to the club standings, but for the long haul we'll need someone with some spirit and a clear philosophy on-field and management skills that can actually develop the players, even the ones we already have.

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Conte is the obvious choice.  It's just whether he fancies it.

It is quite a big job, no immediate transfer window.

I don't think we'll be getting the big boy names everyone expects.

Does anyone think Rafa might be tempted to resign from Everton to take up with us again? 

I'd love him back because of his vision, meticulous eye for detail and his tactical nous, as well as the way he brought the club back in touch with the fans. 

I don't think he's the sort to just dump on a club, regardless of financial gain or where he would prefer to be. 

Shame though, just loved the thought of having a great manager with a plan here running us as opposed to a flashy big name who might just be here for a couple of seasons, fun though they might be. 

Just now, TheGuv said:

It is quite a big job, no immediate transfer window.

I don't think we'll be getting the big boy names everyone expects.

I don't think we will player wise for a while as only cash grabbing wankers will join us until we are in europe.  Its a great project for a manager though if they want a long term project.

4 minutes ago, Stal said:

Does anyone think Rafa might be tempted to resign from Everton to take up with us again? 

I'd love him back because of his vision, meticulous eye for detail and his tactical nous, as well as the way he brought the club back in touch with the fans. 

I don't think he's the sort to just dump on a club, regardless of financial gain or where he would prefer to be. 

Shame though, just loved the thought of having a great manager with a plan here running us as opposed to a flashy big name who might just be here for a couple of seasons, fun though they might be. 

Anyone else I’d say yes, but Rafa is a man of integrity and class and it would completely go against his principles.

4 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't think we will player wise for a while as only cash grabbing wankers will join us until we are in europe.  Its a great project for a manager though if they want a long term project.

Plenty of good players match that description

Conte is the one. He's available and he is the exact status of intent we need. If we get him and his team in then fuck, buckle up for the ride that's coming.

I'd love Rafa, but he's too honourable to leave Everton so soon.