Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

The only managerial experience he has had is taking over a perennially success Champions League giant and having some success with them. He has proven nothing and I think he’s far from what we need right now

Just now, ManDoon said:

He won 3 CLs man. 3. I don’t see why people are so quick to take this away from him. It’s hard as fuck to win a CL 

Just would feel more comfortable with somone that has npt always just had a class team always available to him

But fucking hell I won't be moaning if he comes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10077683/Steve-Bruce-sacked-Newcastle-manager-clubs-new-owners-week.html

We understand former Borussia Dortmund boss Lucien Favre is one of those under consideration, as well as Leicester's Brendan Rodgers and Rangers boss Steven Gerrard. Current assistant head coach Graeme Jones is set to be placed in temporary charge for the sell-out clash with Spurs live on television.

Probably be easier to point out who hasn’t been linked :lol: 

I think it’s fairly clear, based on the fact there is nothing concrete in terms of managerial links, that they’re not planning to rush this and the Sporting Director role will be in place first.

Can see us sacking Bruce on Monday, Rangnick in during the week, Jones in charge on Sunday and the new manager appointed the following week.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So what’s everyone’s opinion on Favre ? I don’t know enough about him to have one tbh.

Good, very good. Attacking fotball, allways used younger players. I think he lack som tactical knowledge in hard games. He also uses the sub wrong almost 75 % time. But good watching his team. 

Edited by BigValley

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So what’s everyone’s opinion on Favre ? I don’t know enough about him to have one tbh.

On 09/10/2021 at 08:50, stlouismag said:

I'm also someone who's followed BvB closely for several years now since we've been so shit. Favre was an incredibly frustrating manager who couldn't get it done with an amazingly talented roster. He micro-managed the offensive players into being afraid to shoot while leaving the defense in positions to give away stupid goals almost every match. His subs were too late and rarely helped. He also seemed almost in tears on the sideline when things went sideways once the pressure of under-achieving built.

With this group of NUFC players and the expectations here? No way.

There's been several posts from folks who watch BvB a lot. Hate to quote myself, but can't be arsed to retype it. 

Would happily take a potentially flawed foreign manager with a record similar to Favre for the simple reason that it will be easier to move them on if it doesn't work out or we reach a ceiling with what they are able to achieve. 

The danger you run with any domestic manager and especially a media favourite like Gerrard is the pressure to "give them time" well beyond what their actual achievements may merit, which has the potential to significantly halt some of the momentum that has/will be generated and the level of progress we'll be able to make in the next couple of years. 

Edited by Barnes23

30 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Proven nothing:

“He has won 3 Champions Leagues, 2 Club World Cups, 2 European Super Cups, 2 Spanish Leagues and 2 Spanish Super Cups in 209 matches, one every 19 matches.”

With a team full of world class superstars that had largely been assembled before he got there. In terms of domestic honours, Real Madrid and Barca pretty much win everything every year anyway.

Roberto Di Matteo won the Champions League. Does that make him class? 

I’ve no doubt Zidane has more managerial ability in his little fingernail than Bruce has, but that doesn’t mean he’s the right manager for our current situation. 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

All this is some kind of dream isn’t it? mind when Joe kinnear was director of football with pardew as manager :lol:

And now people are thinking of snubbing Zinedine fucking Zidane cos “anyone could win trophies with Real Madrid”.[emoji38]

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Very impressive appointment by the way. Klopp rates him as a big influence.  Ragnick appointment implies your ownership is interested in establishing a style of play, footballing identity rather than the Chelsea or City or PSG approach immediately after takeover which was buy every player available.

If this goes through and if Ragnick is given control, expect your managers to be from the German Austrian gegenpressing school - Hassenhuttl, Klopp, Marsch, Nagelsmann rather than Rafa, Conte, Mourinho family. Potter and Rodgers could be two local names which fit within that ideology. Ragnick focuses on managers style of play and ethos rather than past trophies or successes.  He wants successive managers to be of the same style of play so that there is continuity. 

Very similar to Rafa -  believes in system above individuals, overall holistic improvement of all aspects of the club - youth team, diet, facilities, etc. Biggest difference is the style of play. I just don't see Rafa's pragmatic style of play fitting with Ragnick's footballing vision which is all about front foot, dynamic, in your face attacking football.