Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

16 hours ago, HTT II said:

I can, I can’t see PIF scouring the game for a new manager, they will entrust that to AS and JR who may or may not entrust that to a DOF. Right now I’m of the mindset that I think they want a DOF and a manager together which align both with whatever their vision/plans are going forward and that is tricky and may hold up just getting someone in to just replace Bruce. Having said that, I think, and I think we all do as does the man himself, that he will be gone very soon whether we have anyone lined up straight away to replace him or not. I excpect Jones as temp manager in the dugout for Spurs and potentially Brighton away. Either way, again, whoever they do or do not appoint will, for the first time in 14 years, be judged on results and performances, success and failure. If it’s Lampard, he needs to succeed or he won’t last long, if it’s Conte, the same applies. 

If Owen Brown and Frank McParland advises PCP on next DoF & Manager, who advises PIF if PCP's recommendations are sound?

I can't for the life of me understand how Lampard is being linked to the job. Failed miserably at Chelsea as has been proved by their performances since he left. He may be okay to manage the youth side or something but no more than that

Really hope we get one of the really highly rated DOFs we have been linked with and they recommend and bring in their own guy, and I hope it's someone that is not one of the obvious names being linked, but someone that is fully aligned with the DOF to see through the project.

Think I'd really like us to go down that route with a manager that is ultimately our own man, that can really take this thing on. Going and taking a Rodgers or Potter from Leicester or Brighton is not my preference really.

17 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I can't for the life of me understand how Lampard is being linked to the job. Failed miserably at Chelsea as has been proved by their performances since he left. He may be okay to manage the youth side or something but no more than that

While he's not who I want for the job, I think he did a decent job in his first year at Chelsea with a transfer embargo and brought through a couple of youth players that are now key parts of the squad. The second season they bought loads of quality players and he failed to integrate them, which he rightly got sacked for, but that doesn't undo other good work he's done. I think he's a decent young manager.

Lampard would really really make a massive dint in the feel good factor around the club at the minute. I do think the fans would get behind him initially as we are all just glad to have the club back but it's painfully obvious it is one of those appointments that you know is ending badly in a similar way to say the Bruce appointment. 

17 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

I can't for the life of me understand how Lampard is being linked to the job.

Big name and out of a job and applying logic to have something to write about.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up on a list of potential targets, but would be surprised if he became an actual target.

6 minutes ago, Lotus said:

How about Sven Mislintat as DoF? Unearthed some fantastic talent for Dortmund: Hummels, Lewandowski, Kagawa, Gundogan, Dembele (the one they sold to Barca for a fortune), etc

Also signed Dinos Mavropanos, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Bernd Leno, Sokratis, Lucas Torreira, Matteo Guendouzi and Stephan Lichtsteiner for Arsenal…

11 minutes ago, duo said:

I so hope they get Conte - tailored made for this club imo.

I'm 100% all in on Conte. I'd understand if he didn't want it until Summer though.

I always thought I'd want Rafa back, but I think it's time to move on from that, vision or not. 

Edit - or Mancini please :lol:

Edited by Shearergol