Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 minutes ago, ikri said:

AVB could be interesting thanks to his SBR links, plus his win % is pretty good in recent jobs.

Think he's talented, and has been around the block a bit now to where it may well be the right time for him. Think his Chelsea and Spurs gigs came too soon for him.

Will also have to be very well aligned with any DOF/Sporting director we bring in as he will throw a major strop over transfers he did not want.

Could we get a preference vote going, now there's a fairly hefty list of links?

Steven Gerrard
Paulo Fonseca
Antonio Conte
Eddie Howe
Frank Lampard
Zinedine Zidane
Graham Potter
Roberto Martinez
Brendan Rodgers
Lucian Favre
Rafa Benitez
Gareth Southgate
Andre Vilas-Boas
Graeme Jones
Steve Bruce

Edited by Rich

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

Could we get a preference vote going, now there's a fairly hefty list of links?

Steven Gerrard
Paulo Fonseca
Antonio Conte
Eddie Howe
Frank Lampard
Zinedine Zidane
Graham Potter
Roberto Martinez
Brendan Rodgers
Lucian Favre
Rafa Benitez
Gareth Southgate
Andre Vilas-Boas
Ralf Rangnick
Antero Henrique
Graeme Jones
Steve Bruce

Good idea Im interested in peoples preference as seems to be many differing views.

52 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

Rogers now into 7/4 from 10/1 interesting

Could be the big club factor. NUFC is potentially massive, that might be the X factor which could pull some managers in. It has before. 

Surely the lure of being the one to end the trophy drought is enough to tickle the ego of someone like Rodgers? Leicester's a cracking club but he's already won the FA Cup and he's never going to top what Ranieri did. The bar here is so low that it would take some next level fucking up to not become an almost instant cult hero, at least.

I wouldn’t be massively excited by Rodgers. I think he has some key limitations which has ultimately ended up with Liverpool pissing up the title and Leicester pissing up top four, x2.

That said, he’s a million times better than Bruce and I’d be willing to give anyone a chance. It’s difficult to turn your nose up at anyone in our situation.

1 hour ago, adamjk007 said:

Rogers now into 7/4 from 10/1 interesting

I'm fairly sure that you don't need to wager huge amounts to change the odds.  One person placing a bet of £100 at 10/1 might be enough to shift the odds quite dramatically.

The market doesn’t have a clue either. Not even entirely sure we’ll know who we want until the Sporting Director is in.

Rodgers, Favre, Lampard, Gerrard, Conte and Martinez have all lead the market in the space of four days. 

I’m sure Sky will keep wheeling out options to encourage a few quid on the betting market though.

13 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Rodgers would be a fine start - he has had them in top 6 consistently and won them yet another fine trophy and the ungrateful twats are now booing him after the final whistle due to what one could call a mediocre start to the season.

We'll probably be doing the same in 3 or so years.

16 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Rodgers would be a fine start - he has had them in top 6 consistently and won them yet another fine trophy and the ungrateful twats are now booing him after the final whistle due to what one could call a mediocre start to the season.

What fresh hell is this account? It should surely be on the offensive terms list?

Edited by Rich

25 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The market doesn’t have a clue either. Not even entirely sure we’ll know who we want until the Sporting Director is in.

Rodgers, Favre, Lampard, Gerrard, Conte and Martinez have all lead the market in the space of four days. 

I’m sure Sky will keep wheeling out options to encourage a few quid on the betting market though.

Spot on that. Skybet are as bent as it comes in the managerial markets

26 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

A lot of the names are probably even the managers themselves putting them out there as well. Looking forward to all this being sorted tbh.

"Stuart Bruce" [emoji38] the level of "journalism" on display there, man. The Express quoting The Sun with an article that says the club "may" hold talks with Lampard but other names are under consideration. I did better compositions in grade school FFS.

If Rodgers is interested then it'd be a good enough reason not to hire him.  

Good manager but he's already managing a brilliant club and should probably prove his credentials in the PL before sniffing around other jobs. 

Also, if we're happy to look at managers of other clubs then Rafa should be miles ahead in any consideration for the post.